• Cross-fingerpointing defense trick.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Experts unwilling to testify.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Those of you who believe PR and/or JR did it, what is the single biggest problem in your case?

1. Cross-fingerpointing defense makes prosecution futile.
  2. Money rules over justice. High-powered attorneys protected them.
  3. Friends in high places. They 'knew people'.
  4. There is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.
  5. Investigation was botched at the beginning.
  6. Experts not willing to testify their beliefs.
  7. Incompetence at all levels.

Those of you who believe PR and/or JR did it, what is the single biggest problem in your case?

1. Cross-fingerpointing defense makes prosecution futile.
  2. Money rules over justice. High-powered attorneys protected them.
  3. Friends in high places. They 'knew people'.
  4. There is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.
  5. Investigation was botched at the beginning.
  6. Experts not willing to testify their beliefs.
  7. Incompetence at all levels.
HOTYH you forgot

8. All of the above.

ROFLOL

Voted the same,investigation was botched....but I also would have voted incompetence and there is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.

Nothing about this child's murder and botched investigation is anything to roll on the floor laughing about.

I knew if I did that everyone would choose 8. Am I wrong? LOL

I don't know whether you're wrong or not, but I still don't understand what's so funny about it.

Moreover, I'm at a loss to figure out why you bothered to create this poll in the first place, HOTYH. Considering that you made one for each side, at first I thought that maybe, just maybe you were legitimate. But now I sense that you were just out to make sport of us. And that's a damn shame, because in my opinion, you'd do well to consider some of those answers.

Exactly, but they will probably want to add a few more as well!

No, HOTYH pretty much covered all of the bases.

Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way. As a sign of good faith, I'll play the game on its face.

Okay, I still say "all of the above" (and STRONGLY urge people to consider it), but even then, it's a mix. By that I mean that not all of the reasons are equally strong. So, I suppose if I had to say which one stood out among all of the others, I would have to say #7 with #2 a close second.

I'd say "all of the above" too. There was just so much that went wrong with solving this case.

And I still don't see what is so amusing about amateur sleuthing. It is still about a child's murder. If you think our theories are funny, that's pretty sick in itself. They are THEORIES. And one of them (could even be IDI, too) is right.

There are lots of funnier sites on the Web.

I don't know whether you're wrong or not, but I still don't understand what's so funny about it.

Moreover, I'm at a loss to figure out why you bothered to create this poll in the first place, HOTYH. Considering that you made one for each side, at first I thought that maybe, just maybe you were legitimate. But now I sense that you were just out to make sport of us. And that's a damn shame, because in my opinion, you'd do well to consider some of those answers.

Believing in, say, four items is ridiculous. Seven is sublime. Consider all the people, real professional people, indicted by your beliefs.

Not to mention PR and JR who had nothing to do with their daughter's death.

You're the one going on and on about multiple problems, while I was looking for what people think is the single biggest problem so that could be looked at in its own light. You know, what is RDI's biggest problem and what is IDI's biggest problem.

It was specific.

Believing in, say, four items is ridiculous. Seven is sublime.

So I was right? Talk plain, HOTYH: what was the purpose for creating this thread to begin with?

Consider all the people, real professional people, indicted by your beliefs.

Me? Consider all of the real professional people indicted by YOUR beliefs, HOTYH. I can think of several times where you've done exactly that, usually with some snide comment about "the bigger they are."

Not to mention PR and JR who had nothing to do with their daughter's death.

Now THAT's laughable. Or it would be, if not for the terrible implications for our system of justice. And we WILL talk about that someday.

You're the one going on and on about multiple problems, while I was looking for what people think is the single biggest problem so that could be looked at in its own light. You know, what is RDI's biggest problem and what is IDI's biggest problem.

It was specific.

Fair enough, HOTYH. At least for now, I will proceed on the assumption that you are acting in good faith. So, I suppose the least I can do is return the favor:

#2. As the old saying goes, you get the justice you pay for.

BUT, I must say this. I think it's terrific that you would ask these questions, HOTYH. But you seem to leave out the big question: what do we do about it? More specifically, how do we prevent it from happening again? Because that's what I'm all about.

So I was right? Talk plain, HOTYH: what was the purpose for creating this thread to begin with?

Me? Consider all of the real professional people indicted by YOUR beliefs, HOTYH. I can think of several times where you've done exactly that, usually with some snide comment about "the bigger they are."

Now THAT's laughable. Or it would be, if not for the terrible implications for our system of justice. And we WILL talk about that someday.

Fair enough, HOTYH. At least for now, I will proceed on the assumption that you are acting in good faith. So, I suppose the least I can do is return the favor:

#2. As the old saying goes, you get the justice you pay for.

BUT, I must say this. I think it's terrific that you would ask these questions, HOTYH. But you seem to leave out the big question: what do we do about it? More specifically, how do we prevent it from happening again? Because that's what I'm all about.

What do we do about what? Paying for justice? Child murders by foreign faction members? Figuring out who killed JBR? What??

What do we do about what? Paying for justice? Child murders by foreign faction members? Figuring out who killed JBR? What??

I meant, how do we fix the flaws in our justice system that you outlined as 1-7. But I'll settle for "paying for justice" right now!

I meant, how do we fix the flaws in our justice system that you outlined as 1-7. But I'll settle for "paying for justice" right now!

OK. Tp eliminate paying for justice, you'll have to eliminate this:

"You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense."

And replace it with this:

Create a pool of attorneys with a flat rate, and one is selected from the pool when requested. It would be like assigned risk for auto insurance.

Of course, JR or PR never even made it to this level so the argument that they got off the hook with money seems tenuous. They were never placed on the hook.

They were on the hook. They were publicly said to be under an "umbrella of suspicion" from Day 1. They called their friend /attorney Mike Bynam Day 1. The Rs hired a posse of high-priced lawyers from Day 1. These kinds of defense attorneys are light years away from the free (i.e. taxpayer-funded) attorneys that are provided for you if you can't afford one.
I have a daughter who is an attorney. She graduated Valedictorian of her class, and was an Editor of the Law Review. She had her pick of offers from good firms, as well as a Judicial Clerkship with the Federal Courts. But in every law school class, the bottom third, who won't make the Law Review or Law Journal or Moot Court, have very few opportunities for employment unless you have a relative willing to hire you. Where do you think the "free" lawyers come from? They are not ALL doing it for altruistic reasons.
In the Ramsey case, LW publicly retorted to Darnay Hoffman that "he made more money in this case than Hoffman made in his whole career".

Never think that how much money a defendant has won't make a difference between charges being filed and not being filed.

Never think that how much money a defendant has won't make a difference between charges being filed and not being filed.

This is RDI propaganda, thats all.

If there were more evidence, they would've been arrested and tried irrespective of their dough. Which wasn't that much, BTW. The whole thing is overblown by RDI to make things look like money won over justice. Its almost staged to look that way.

In every single instance of RDI's so-called evidence that PR and/or JR did it, its always close but no cigar. That has nothing to do with money.

OK. Tp eliminate paying for justice, you'll have to eliminate this:

"You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense."

And replace it with this:

Create a pool of attorneys with a flat rate, and one is selected from the pool when requested. It would be like assigned risk for auto insurance.

There's something I like in the idea that defense attorneys should be paid the way prosecutors are.

Of course, JR or PR never even made it to this level so the argument that they got off the hook with money seems tenuous. They were never placed on the hook.

That's my point, HOTYH. They never got to that level BECAUSE of the million-dollar, politically connected legal talent they amassed. Talent which I have no doubt scared the you-know-what out of a DA who hadn't taken a case to trial in ten years, who just happened to be business partners with them, I might add.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back