821 users online (139 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Sodus, Woman's body washed ashore, Apr'10 - Honor Jill Williams

Woman's body found along Lake Ontario lakeshore

Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found washed up on Lake Ontario's southern shore...
    Woman's body found washed up on Lake Ontario shore in Sodus

The Wayne County Sheriff’s Department says it received a call around noon Monday reporting a body had washed up on the shoreline in a remote area on private property in the town of Sodus, 25 miles east of Rochester.

Investigators say it appears the full-clothed body of an unidentified adult female had been in the water for a time.
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-25-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

There are two women currently missing from Belleville. Deborah and this woman, Rita Boyd:

http://www.police.belleville.on.ca/m...&currentFeed=2

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    There are two women currently missing from Belleville. Deborah and this woman, Rita Boyd:

Rita was last seen at the Bus Terminal on Pinnacle Street. I think that's pretty much the same downtown area where Deborah was last seen. (Mind you, bags packed>bus station ... sounds like Rita was hiking out, and I hope that is the case and she's out having a good time somewhere)

If the woman was from Belleville, she would have had to have floated in almost a straight line across the lake. I was in Fair Haven on Saturday and the waves were white caps... This is one of the pictures I took of the lake..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post

Am I reading this article right? Rita hasn't been seen since 2008? If that is accurate, then she's not floating anywhere.

Were there any boating accidents late last fall?

Woman from Canada

The Wayne County Sheriff's Department said the woman whose body was found Monday on the shore of Lake Ontario is from Canada....
    The Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office determined the cause of death to be drowning....
    Authorities said the body is that of a white, adult female, but her name is being withheld pending notification of family. I will not post the name as no confirmation family has been notified.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top...odus/?ap=1&MP4
    Last edited by Mensch; 04-20-2010 at 08:27 PM.

My first thought was Canada, just knowing the direction of the water over there. Glad that they have identified her so quickly so that she can be laid to rest by those who love her.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    The Wayne County Sheriff's Department said the woman whose body was found Monday on the shore of Lake Ontario is from Canada....
    The Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office determined the cause of death to be drowning....
    Authorities said the body is that of a white, adult female, but her name is being withheld pending notification of family. I will not post the name as no confirmation family has been notified.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top...odus/?ap=1&MP4
    An elderly Niagara-on-the-Lake woman who went missing last month has been found dead in Lake Ontario along the shoreline in New York.

The 85-year-old woman, who lived on the Niagara River Pkwy., was reported missing at the end of March.

Niagara Regional Police fivers searched the Niagara River for her three weeks ago.

On Monday, the Sherriff's Office in Wayne County, New York recovered the body of a female from the lake shore.

Medical examiners determined the body was that of the missing woman from Niagara-on-the-Lake.

The cause of death was determined to be drowning. Niagara Regional Police said foul play is not suspected.
    http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/A...aspx?e=2544032
    RIP
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

So glad they identified her quickly. So sorry for her friends and family. Rest in peace.

Body found on Lake Ontario shore identified

.....Honor Jill Williams' death, but investigators haven't yet determined how she ended up in the water.

...Williams was from Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, 100 miles west of where her body was found. She was reported missing on March 29.
    R.I.P Honor Jill Williams
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson