2010.04.20: radio interview with blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaughterAlice

''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but i
Reaction score
I was listening to an Orlando radio station today and took notes from an on-air interview with "Marinade Dave," who is the blogger that had contact with Judge Strickland. (note: if you've lived in a cave for the past few days and need to know what I'm talking about, here's a link! http://www.wesh.com/news/23173465/detail.html).

First of all, my thanks to JBean for giving me permission to post this thread with no link to back up my words. This is, afterall, my own paraphrasing of responses given by the blogger on the air. I tried to be as neutral as possible, so the following does not represent my own ideas or opinions. I wouldn't say that any of it is "ground breaking," but it is interesting to hear his side of the story.

So without further ado, here are my notes from the radio interview (in advance I apologize for any typos or misspellings!):

He got his name from a marinade he used to make.

He first became interested in writing about the case when he went to Jay Blanchard Park to watch the black water divers, and he spoke with LP.

He wants justice for Caylee, "that's all that matters."

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

He writes with a middle-of-the-road kind of tenor; he doesn't allow bashing and name calling on his blog.

Judge S. saw him in the courtroom and recognized his photo from the blog.

JS told him that he was fair. There was no contact outside the courtroom, only that one meeting (DaughterAlice's note: not entirely true, depending on your definition of "meeting," see the * below)

Wrote the blog entry "Casey Anthony Must Die," a year ago today, but it was NOT pro-death penalty. It was about people who were ready to execute her without even giving her a fair trial.

No emails were exchanged with JS; *JS called him after he (the blogger) got out of the hospital.

He does not get paid for his blog.

Has been mislabled as a racist due to another post he gave a racey title to. His writings are often misinterpreted because people read only the titles and not the whole post.

Said it was pure stupidity: the defense rolled the dice and that got a tougher judge. He said "they used me like a whipping boy."

He does a lot of research for his blogs.

He WILL return to the courtroom despite what happened.

Thanks for the synopsis, DA. Much appreciated.

What I do not understand is the fact that when asked numerous times if he had lunch with the judge last week he jumped around and made a mystery out of it. Either say you did, you didn't or just say no comment. Personally I would have just said no. Even if you are lying you're not the first person in this case to do so. LOL

I was listening to an Orlando radio station today and took notes from an on-air interview with "Marinade Dave," who is the blogger that had contact with Judge Strickland. (note: if you've lived in a cave for the past few days and need to know what I'm talking about, here's a link! http://www.wesh.com/news/23173465/detail.html).

First of all, my thanks to JBean for giving me permission to post this thread with no link to back up my words. This is, afterall, my own paraphrasing of responses given by the blogger on the air. I tried to be as neutral as possible, so the following does not represent my own ideas or opinions. I wouldn't say that any of it is "ground breaking," but it is interesting to hear his side of the story.

So without further ado, here are my notes from the radio interview (in advance I apologize for any typos or misspellings!):

He got his name from a marinade he used to make.

He first became interested in writing about the case when he went to Jay Blanchard Park to watch the black water divers, and he spoke with LP.

He wants justice for Caylee, "that's all that matters."

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

He writes with a middle-of-the-road kind of tenor; he doesn't allow bashing and name calling on his blog.

Judge S. saw him in the courtroom and recognized his photo from the blog.

JS told him that he was fair. There was no contact outside the courtroom, only that one meeting (DaughterAlice's note: not entirely true, depending on your definition of "meeting," see the * below)

Wrote the blog entry "Casey Anthony Must Die," a year ago today, but it was NOT pro-death penalty. It was about people who were ready to execute her without even giving her a fair trial.

No emails were exchanged with JS; *JS called him after he (the blogger) got out of the hospital.

He does not get paid for his blog.

Has been mislabled as a racist due to another post he gave a racey title to. His writings are often misinterpreted because people read only the titles and not the whole post.

Said it was pure stupidity: the defense rolled the dice and that got a tougher judge. He said "they used me like a whipping boy."

He does a lot of research for his blogs.

He WILL return to the courtroom despite what happened.

I hope I don't get banned for this remark, but he needs to back off, stop whining, and realize he made a mistake by talking to the investigator. Own up to it and move on. I also would love to know how he knows these 'death threats' are mainly from women? And has he provided any proof of these so called death threats?:angel:

There's something in the water down there: "Lights, cameras, action!!!!!"

First time poster, but long time lurker and avid reader....

I also listened to this radio show last week when he did it ~ Not sure what to really think of it.

I've also been a long time reader and lurker at MD's site.

In response to "not allowing name calling and bashing" ~ From what I have seen, that is correct, unless, it is HIM calling the names and bashing.

For a man that wants to be so middle of the road, and, politically correct, the man goes off at the drop of hat, and, has been very abusive and abbrasive to commenters, IMO.

I wonder what Judge Strickland thinks of him now.........

I also listened to this radio show last week when he did it ~ Not sure what to really think of it.

In response to "not allowing name calling and bashing" ~ From what I have seen, that is correct, unless, it is HIM calling the names and bashing.

For a man that wants to be so middle of the road, and, politically correct, the man goes off at the drop of hat, and, has been very abusive and abbrasive to commenters, IMO.

Correct, especially now that he's really pizzed. His latest blog is off the charts with name calling and bashing.

Purple Iris, I wonder if you heard a different interview (since you say it was last week)? I only just heard this one yesterday, which I assumed was a live show (not a best-of). Was it Buckethead you were listening to? Did you hear pretty much the same things that I did?

I'm reading some strong opinions about this blogger in this thread (or at least hints of strong opinions!). I know nothing about him other than this interview and whats been on the news. I truly have no opinion of him what-so-ever.

I'm glad you came out of hiding!! Welcome, and don't be so shy! Thanks for your input.

What I do not understand is the fact that when asked numerous times if he had lunch with the judge last week he jumped around and made a mystery out of it. Either say you did, you didn't or just say no comment. Personally I would have just said no. Even if you are lying you're not the first person in this case to do so. LOL

He didn't mention a thing about having lunch with the judge. It was weird though, that he was strongly stating that in court was the one & only time he had contact with the judge, but later mentioned the phone call. The talk show host kind of called him out on that, but in a nice way, and said, well that would actually be a second contact, so it wasn't only that one time.

He didn't mention a thing about having lunch with the judge. It was weird though, that he was strongly stating that in court was the one & only time he had contact with the judge, but later mentioned the phone call. The talk show host kind of called him out on that, but in a nice way, and said, well that would actually be a second contact, so it wasn't only that one time.

Maybe he meant in person? Not defending him, but that sounds like it could be his way of thinking?

Was never impressed with what he deems "good writing skills", nor captured by any level of intelligence shown by him, but as he struggles to try to stay in what he perceives is "celebrity", his true personality is showing through his choice of vile and disgusting terms and phrases to describe other woman.

Yeah, I am impressed.........ppppfffhhh!:sick:

Your post sums up my exact opinion. Today, he acknowledges the fact that he's "entered the dark side of blogging", and that he's "da** proud of it".

I can't believe a grown man could be "proud" of what he has done not only in this murder case, but the way he's conducting himself with the hateful attacks and profanity. I have to wonder what real good he thinks he's doing to this case for Caylee, to Judge Strickland's once-upon-a-time pride in Dave, or even his very own reputation. He's embarrassing himself, and living high off the celebrity factor in the worst way possible, bragging today that his blog hits have increased tremendously and he's accruing more and more followers due to what he has done. That is not, not, not something to be proud of, unless of course, he is only concerned with himself, his own celebrity status!

As far as the lunch issue goes, it's logical and reasonable to me that if he did not have lunch with JS and he really did care about this case for Caylee's sake, he would have emphatically stated, "NO! I didn't have lunch with JS, that's hogwash!" But he didn't state that, he nervously danced around the issue giving the clearest answer of all.

Your post sums up my exact opinion. Today, he acknowledges the fact that he's "entered the dark side of blogging", and that he's "da** proud of it".

I can't believe a grown man could be "proud" of what he has done not only in this murder case, but the way he's conducting himself with the hateful attacks and profanity. I have to wonder what real good he thinks he's doing to this case for Caylee, to Judge Strickland's once-upon-a-time pride in Dave, or even his very own reputation. He's embarrassing himself, and living high off the celebrity factor in the worst way possible, bragging today that his blog hits have increased tremendously and he's accruing more and more followers due to what he has done. That is not, not, not something to be proud of, unless of course, he is only concerned with himself, his own celebrity status!

As far as the lunch issue goes, it's logical and reasonable to me that if he did not have lunch with JS and he really did care about this case for Caylee's sake, he would have emphatically stated, "NO! I didn't have lunch with JS, that's hogwash!" But he didn't state that, he nervously danced around the issue giving the clearest answer of all.

I have to admit that I've enjoyed reading some of his blogs in the past. I stopped reading the comments though pretty quickly. He claims to take the high road by not letting anyone bash the Anthony family or the defense attorneys, yet he himself and his right-hand gal are allowed to bash any posters who dare to disagree with anything they say. I've seen him and his gal curse and use degrading names towards others quite often. So, I just stick to reading his blogs and skip all the drama of the comments. He's not a perfect writer, but he's not bad. I do think his ego is mostly responsible for what's happened, which he actually acknowledges somewhat in his interview with WFTV.

The lunch thing was weird! If he didn't have lunch with Strickland and wanted to make sure that it looked like no impropriety took place, then he should have said NO, of course we didn't have lunch last week. My guess is that they did NOT have lunch, but Dave didn't want to admit that because then it lends to the illusion that they are really friends and it feeds his ego and blog hits.

This is the interview he did when they asked him about lunch.
Evidently, he has done several interviews in the past couple of days.
Celebrity. Indeed.:crazy:

RAW INTERVIEW: "Marinade Dave Knechel Talks To WFTV 11:59
"Marinade” Dave Knechel talked to WFTV reporter Mark Boyle about Judge Stan Strickland stepping down from the Casey...
http://www.wftv.com/video/23206502/index.html

Purple Iris, I wonder if you heard a different interview (since you say it was last week)? I only just heard this one yesterday, which I assumed was a live show (not a best-of). Was it Buckethead you were listening to? Did you hear pretty much the same things that I did?

I'm reading some strong opinions about this blogger in this thread (or at least hints of strong opinions!). I know nothing about him other than this interview and whats been on the news. I truly have no opinion of him what-so-ever.

I'm glad you came out of hiding!! Welcome, and don't be so shy! Thanks for your input.

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome aboard.

Now I'm not so sure if we are talking about the same interview. Buckethead, does not sound familiar to me.
Sorry if I mis-spoke in this regard. I know the interview that I listened to was the one that he had a "clickable" to on his site last Saturday, maybe Sunday". It was on a "blogspot" type radio show, and there were about 4 other commenters. MD was the first one up, then, bowed out after his interview was over because they were then going to continue into the Haleigh Cummings case.

At any rate, as other have observed, yes, MD can be pretty crude and blatantly, racist in his comments in regards to women.
And, he will go off in a split second, without warning at times, from what I have observed of him for over a year.
He does make a point of letting it be known that he does not {did not} tolerate any kind of name calling, etc; but certainly does not practice what he so actively tried to preach to one and all.

It's obvious that Judge Strickland had no idea that this would come to this, nor, do I believe that he read at that site on a regular basis. Because I'm sure had he, that he would have witnessed the way that MD treated people.
His ridaculing, name calling, then, his swiping clean of the slate so that those that haven't been there right then, do not get a chance to read the outbursts. Coming back and declaring that he was only "joking" does not cut it, when you write that you are going out to purchase a gun.
That is no joking matter.
And, he has followers that defend his every word and action, egg him on and encourage the behavior that he exibits from time to time. Then, in the next breath, congradulate him at the same time.

Personally, I think that the man has some "issues", and, please don't think for one minute that I am making fun of the man.
I'm not.
Mental illness is nothing to laugh about or make fun of.
It's just to bad that he has been encouraged in his behavior lately.

I think that he had good intentions to start with, but this got beyond his realm of containment, and, he lashed out in the only way that he knows how, or, has worked for him in the past, IMO.

While it is easy for everyone to offer up their 2 cents, and their would have, should have, could haves', it's not the same when you're not in those shoes, or, you have an ego, or, possibly a mental illness that will NOT let you control your reactions.

Again, as others have told, yes, he does go off the deep end, and, I'm sure that what we have seen recently will not be end of it, nor, will it even be the worst of it.

Thanks Again everyone for letting me voice my opinion, and for the nice welcome.
I hope I haven't offended anyone or crossed any lines.
I'd hate to have to hang up my "handle" when I just got here, and, it took me a loooooooong time to come up with something.
Hence, the lurrrrrrrrking for so long ~!!

I have to admit that I've enjoyed reading some of his blogs in the past. I stopped reading the comments though pretty quickly. He claims to take the high road by not letting anyone bash the Anthony family or the defense attorneys, yet he himself and his right-hand gal are allowed to bash any posters who dare to disagree with anything they say. I've seen him and his gal curse and use degrading names towards others quite often. So, I just stick to reading his blogs and skip all the drama of the comments. He's not a perfect writer, but he's not bad. I do think his ego is mostly responsible for what's happened, which he actually acknowledges somewhat in his interview with WFTV.

The lunch thing was weird! If he didn't have lunch with Strickland and wanted to make sure that it looked like no impropriety took place, then he should have said NO, of course we didn't have lunch last week. My guess is that they did NOT have lunch, but Dave didn't want to admit that because then it lends to the illusion that they are really friends and it feeds his ego and blog hits.

I've only read his postings, (can't really call them "articles", he's not a journalist), about ten times; that was plenty to know what he's all about. I don't think the Defense is finished with him by a long shot. I'd say this is only the beginning in fact, which is why it makes no sense whatsoever for him to be opting for the celebrity status with his coy demeanor concerning this lunch issue. That is, if he sincerely cared about this case, and not himself.

The fact that there was a recusal and a Judge replacement doesn't stop the Defense from bringing more and more Appellate issues to the forefront after Casey's conviction based on the 20 months that Judge Strickland was the presiding Judge, and this lunch issue is one of them. MD needs to understand that and stop feeding the shark tank.

This is the interview he did when they asked him about lunch.
Evidently, he has done several interviews in the past couple of days.
Celebrity. Indeed.:crazy:

RAW INTERVIEW: "Marinade Dave Knechel Talks To WFTV 11:59
"Marinade” Dave Knechel talked to WFTV reporter Mark Boyle about Judge Stan Strickland stepping down from the Casey...
http://www.wftv.com/video/23206502/index.html

MD is just a big fish in a small pond.

I've only read his postings, (can't really call them "articles", he's not a journalist), about ten times; that was plenty to know what he's all about. I don't think the Defense is finished with him by a long shot. I'd say this is only the beginning in fact, which is why it makes no sense whatsoever for him to be opting for the celebrity status with his coy demeanor concerning this lunch issue. That is, if he sincerely cared about this case, and not himself.

The fact that there was a recusal and a Judge replacement doesn't stop the Defense from bringing more and more Appellate issues to the forefront after Casey's conviction based on the 20 months that Judge Strickland was the presiding Judge, and this lunch issue is one of them. MD needs to understand that and stop feeding the shark tank.

I believe that you are 100% spot on.
The defense is NOT finished with MD yet, IMO.

They KNEW him, and his ego from the get-go.
They did not "hoodwink" like he wants to have everyone think.
He was READ, and the defense knew how he would react, and how he would carry on.
That was not a difficult conclusion to come to, and, he has not disappointed the defense at all with his postings and rantings this past few days.

He better watch out for the bus, it may have a full tank heading his way, and in order to get to him, they used Judge Strickland as the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member