889 users online (168 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinion Piece: Casey Out in 3 Years!

I read this on the Orlando Sentinel blog... What are your thoughts on this? I wonder if this is the reason Mason is fighting so hard to get DP off the table. And why he thinks he is going to walk out of the court room with her. Makes sense:
    By: Columist Mike Thomas
    April 19, 2010

Now that Cheney Mason is on board, that is my bet.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...st_mikethomas/
    Last edited by JBean; 04-21-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: add link /reduce text copyright infringe/ clarify title

Ask Cheney Mason's last client if she's gonna walk free.
    You can reach him on Death Row.....

Uh, I don't freaking think so. The public is NOT going to like a heinous baby killer serving only three years. No one in a elected position is going to risk alienating the public that elected them.

But I'd love whatever this person is smoking or drinking, because dang it must be good!

Eh heh. Whatever.

Never happened!!!!!!

Not a snowball's chance!
    One thing we do know this is this. If we have gotten to this stage, those same jurors have already decided that the face that Caylee Anthony saw in those final moments of her life was her mother`s face. - Assistant State's Attorney Jeffrey Ashton, December 11, 2009

Thumbs down

"Lamar faces the humiliation prospect of losing and frittering away millions of dollars. This leads to a plea deal for manslaughter."

No possible way! This case is a slam dunk with all the forensic evidence against her, and her lies. Besides, her defense isn't claiming it was an accident, so no way will they offer manslaughter. There is no incentive for the prosecution to offer a plea deal. This blogger is on drugs or it's for ratings, IMO.
    Last edited by LinasK; 04-21-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Is this another wanna be? If he's a "Somebody" why is he sounding like a "NoBody? Is it a hospital, kinda? Does anyone have his address?

3 yrs would not surprise me in this case...but at this point, I would not be at all surprised if she walked. I still do not see a "smoking gun". tons of circ stuff, but...

I have been a Florida resident for over 35 years. In the late 80's to the early 1990's this may have been true. The man that attacked me was 3 years into a 85 year sentence when he was placed into a work release and then escaped. After that different Sheriff's Offices in all the counties in Florida started a movement STOP (Stop Turning Out Prisoners) which was successful and inmates started serving 75% of there time. The work releases were turned into drug treatment facilities and our legislature passed a bill that violent prisoners were not to be placed in work release. Gain time was changed and LWOP means life. I feel this blogger is trying to find his 15 minutes with no experience to back it up. Justice for Caylee!

The good people of Florida know that catch and release is for fish not felons. KC will always be safer in prison. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by mom2chloe View Post
    The good people of Florida know that catch and release is for fish not felons. KC will always be safer in prison. MOO
    Good Lord, Ireland will be safer with KC in prison!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Uh, I don't freaking think so. The public is NOT going to like a heinous baby killer serving only three years. No one in a elected position is going to risk alienating the public that elected them.

But I'd love whatever this person is smoking or drinking, because dang it must be good!
    I am not sure her attorneys grasp the serious weight of how angry people are at KC. In spite of the fact that their eyes have read our cries and they have been duly notified by the media, that the public is not just on a bandwagon, but we are following this through because we are passionate about justice for Caylee. It would be unsafe and reckless to assume that the public is going to be okay with having her partying around Orlando again. If they truly believe they could win this, they need to seriously and privately address where KC's life would go beyond jail. It is not something that should be flaunted to the public.

There is no way. For the trial to be set a year from now for her to be in prison for 3 years that would me she would get some kind of conviction. For what she is charged with 3 years does not seem like much of a punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Is this another wanna be? If he's a "Somebody" why is he sounding like a "NoBody? Is it a hospital, kinda? Does anyone have his address?

While I don't agree with what he said, Mr. Thomas has been a columnist for the Orlando Sentinel for some time now. I have read a number of his pieces and some I agree with, some I don't.

I do think Cheney Mason is working behind the scenes for a plea deal - I have thought that since he came on board. I don't think she will walk with time served. I do think there is a possibility of a manslaughter charge, a guilty plea and a sentence of 15 to 25 years. While there is no doubt in my mind the evidence proves that KC was responsible for what happened to Caylee, I am not sure the evidence is enough for LWOP or the DP - even with the duct tape. I know, I know, there is no logical reason for the duct tape to be there except if it was put there by KC.

It will be up to the State to decide whether or not to agree to a plea deal - and you know what's sad? The State talks to the family of the victim when a plea deal is being discussed - who are they going to speak to in this case? Maybe they should poll the citizens of FL and get their input - because Caylee's family turned their back on this precious little girl a long time ago! And that is the saddest part of this whole mess.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast