Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
DHunter.jpg

Dontray Miquel Hunter

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: August 20, 1975

Missing From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Height: 3'0" -- Weight: 30 lbs -- Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Dontray was last seen playing outside of his home on August 20, 1975.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Doe Network

The Doe Network:
Case File 1863DMWI

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1863dmwi.html

Dontray Miquel Hunter
Missing since August 20, 1975 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 12, 1973
Age at Time of Disappearance: 1 year old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0" (91 cm); 30 lbs. (14 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: White t-shirt, olive green colored trousers. White tennis shoes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dontray was last seen playing outside of his home on August 20, 1975.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Milwaukee Police Department
414-933-4444

NCMEC #: NCMC1138063

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hunter_dontray.html
Same details of circumstances as Doe Network.

No archived articles for Dontray.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6203/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

Dontray has been missing 35 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• DHunter.jpg
    DHunter.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 62
Over a year since this was posted and no comments?? Poor little guy - I'm bumping the thread for him!

I find it frustrating whenever there's a case where almost no details are given, like this one. Was anyone else outside with Dontray, as I'd imagine, since he was so young? Was anything suspicious seen in the area in the days prior or after? Was there anything noteworthy about his parents, i.e. a rocky relationship, any shady activities or acquaintances, etc?

From last year:

40 years after toddler vanished, the search — and the pain — endures

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/40-years-after-toddler-vanished-the-search--and-the-pain--endures-b99584146z1-329669801.html

Forty years after baby Dontray Miquel Hunter vanished, his mother still pictures him out there somewhere — alive, grown up and unaware of his true identity.

"I think someone has him," Diana Rittmeyer told me. "People don't just disappear. I mean this is not a movie. This is real life. Someone is raising him as their own, and he's not their child."

Dontray would be 42 now and all raised up. He was not quite 2 years old the last time Diana saw him, playing with his sister on the porch of their home near N. 18th and W. Locust streets.

In an interview last week, Diana told me what happened on the morning of Aug. 20, 1975. She was waiting for her grandmother to pick her up for a trip to the post office. Dontray and his sister were playing on the porch on a blanket, and Diana was upstairs at the duplex getting herself and infant Dante dressed.

Consuelo came inside to use the bathroom, and when she returned to the porch Dontray was gone. Diana raced downstairs and began to search for her son, who was wearing a white T-shirt, olive green pants and white sneakers. Neighbors joined the effort. Even in broad daylight, nobody reported seeing Dontray wandering off or anyone snatching him.

"We're all looking. Nothing," Diana said. "I called my grandmother and told her, and she said, 'You better call the cops.' I called them. And that's where my nightmare begins. I never saw him again."

Yet the police and his mother share a sense of cautious optimism about bringing Dontray home. Officer Smith said he has seen it happen, even after five, 10 or more years. He doesn't like to think of these as cold cases.

"They're never forgotten," he said. "We're always looking for new information to try to help solve these cases."

Over the years, Diana has scanned people's faces in crowds, looking for Dontray. She remembers that he had a birthmark on the back of his neck, which could help identify him even now.

"He is alive. That's what I'm going to always believe," she said. "And one day we're going to find him."

Dontray Hunter disappeared from his mother's duplex in Milwaukee near North 18th and West Locust streets. He wore a white T-shirt, olive pants and white tennis shoes. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel profiled the case in 2015. The missing toddler received scant newspaper coverage at the time of his 1975 disappearance. "I think someone has him," his mother, Diana Rittmeyer, told the Journal Sentinel. Rittmeyer told the newspaper that she was inside getting herself and her infant son dressed while Dontray and his sister were on the front porch playing with a blanket. When the sister came inside to the use the bathroom, Dontray vanished in broad daylight.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ho-they-wisconsins-missing-children/98347286/

February 2022 appeal for information:

He disappeared from the porch of this house (2835 N 18th Street)
It's interesting to note there's a church very close, I mean, a place where many people go, may one of its parishioners know something?
I've been unable to improve his photograph because it's too blurred. I'll keep on trying.

Dontray Miguel Hunter​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022
0f4a86_325dca1d970a4ee69b04b59e804abefb~mv2.jpg

Dontray Miguel Hunter was not quite 2 years old when he went missing on August 20, 1975.

Dontray was outside playing on a blanket on his front porch with his older sister at the family’s duplex in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, near 18th Street and West Locust. The children were playing while their mother was inside dressing their infant brother. Dontray’s sister went inside to use the bathroom, and when she came out Dontray was not there. No one has seen him ever since.

Neighbors helped search and didn’t recall hearing or seeing anything suspicious that morning. Police questioned many people including Dontray’s father, mother and her boyfriend at the time.

0f4a86_4501dc66b0ed4885abdf9db8698bb949~mv2.jpg

Dontray was only 1 year old when he was last seen.

He is described as an African American male, about 3’0” and 30 pounds. He has black hair, and brown eyes. He also has a birthmark that is located on the back of his neck. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, olive green pants, and white tennis shoes.

There is only one photograph of Dontray as he is standing in his crib. National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released an age progression photo of what he would look like today at 40 years old.

0f4a86_3a92cc169a1646eeb2f48c81eade73bb~mv2.jpeg

While being interviewed for an article in 2015 for the 40-year anniversary of the disappearance of Dontray, his mother, Diana Rittmeyer said, “"I think someone has him. People don't just disappear. I mean this is not a movie. This is real life. Someone is raising him as their own, and he's not their child."

During the interview for the 40th anniversary, law enforcement stated that they would like to talk to people again about this investigation. "Sometimes it takes people a long time to be willing to come forward," Detective Sarah Blomme said. "Someone out there has information."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back