OR - Officer Kim Graham for child *advertiser censored*, Cottage Grove, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.kval.com/news/91624899.html

"A former Cottage Grove [OR] police officer was sentenced Tuesday afternoon to five years in prison for possessing hundreds of images of child *advertiser censored*.

Kim Scott Graham previously pleaded guilty to one count of possession of child *advertiser censored*.

He was sentenced Tuesday afternoon in federal court. Judge Ann Aiken also sentenced him to 10 years of post-prison supervision. His first year out of prison must also be spent in a treatment home....."

and

"...Graham uploaded 1,162 child *advertiser censored* images between March 6, 2004 and March 6, 2009, according to the sentencing memorandum.

Some of the images featured children under age 12. Others featured "sadistic or masochistic conduct and other depictions of violence....."

and

"I have a problem and it's a severe problem." [ETA: Graham said in a prepared statement]

Graham's wife, brother and oldest son, now a law student, sat in the courtroom. Before the sentencing hearing began, Graham turned to smile at them...."

and

"...Court documents also reveal Graham underwent counseling "in an attempt to deal with his child *advertiser censored* addiction" but later resumed viewing and trading photos...."

more at link

Can someone explain why the therapist Graham saw would not have been a mandated reporter of this behavior? Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't that person be liable for the danger which former Officer Graham was to the children he was policing?

I would assume it is because it is a confidential relationship, since it concerned the man himself? It would be interesting to know exactly what medical professionals are required to disclose.

Belinda--I've wondered about this for some time. We have a child molester in Southern Oregon who was a contract social worker and therapist for the county treating sexually abused special needs boys (awful, huh?). He's now in prison. However, it came out at his appeal that his psychiatrist had known for years that he was a pedophile and was treating him for pedophilia, all the while knowing that he was treating young boys in private. Interestingly enough, Silverman pleaded guilty to molesting family friends' children--not clients. The therapist's name is Samuel Arthur "Art" Silverman and his psychiatrist was Dr. Beebe from SF.

I don't understand why therapists and physicians who knowingly treat pedophiles or child *advertiser censored* collectors/traders are not mandated to report the activity. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I am assuming that it would keep offenders from seeking treatment. Not that the so-called treatment ever does any good.

I am assuming that it would keep offenders from seeking treatment. Not that the so-called treatment ever does any good.

Yeah, just as effective as that first round of treatment after his 1998 "incident." Why wasn't he reported and arrested when his ISP saw the images and shut his account down back then?

Oh...and a cop who's dumb enough to post photos like this on Photobucket??? That is crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back