716 users online (80 members and 636 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793

    2010.04.21 Do the police have enough evidence to rule this a homicide?

    I am starting to get the impression that the entire story about the dock and the rope and cinder block and who killed Haleigh and all that is still not the truth. Early on we were told that evidence found at the MH did not support Misty's claims about what happened that night, and the other day Le said they believe an arrest is immanent. So I have a multi part question. What evidence do you believe they have, from the MH and or the dock?,What do you think they have to call this a homicide case? Do you think Misty and Tommy led them on another wild expedition? Who do you beleive the POI are? And do they now or will they ever have enough information to make an arrest and have a conviction?
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,092
    i wish we knew ... this case is driving me nuts .. i cant believe how people can lie and lie and lie ..my god this little innocent baby deserved better than this

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Misty is the last known person to be with the child.
    Misty and Tommy have allegedly told LE that Haleigh's body was weighted down with cinder blocks and dumped in the river. That is more than enough evidence to call it a homicide investigation. Why would the most likely suspect by virtue of being the last know contact tell the police that the missing child is dead? Self incriminating and can be used against her.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    I don't see how they could have enough against Joe and especially not enough to win a case. I just wonder if they have enough against Misty since she claims that she saw Haleigh taken and did nothing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    213
    I believe LE has enough evidence to do what it is they need to do, and soon. But I've thought this for about a month or so- I just thought they were getting enough to cement their suspects. That's fine with me, I'd rahter the guilty parties not get free on some BS technicalities or circumstanstial evidence.

    I think they may have even had enough evidence to rule this a homicide before the search. There has been plenty of innuendo come out since the search, but not much time for any results to come back yet. JMO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    I am starting to get the impression that the entire story about the dock and the rope and cinder block and who killed Haleigh and all that is still not the truth. Early on we were told that evidence found at the MH did not support Misty's claims about what happened that night, and the other day Le said they believe an arrest is immanent. So I have a multi part question. What evidence do you believe they have, from the MH and or the dock?,What do you think they have to call this a homicide case? Do you think Misty and Tommy led them on another wild expedition? Who do you beleive the POI are? And do they now or will they ever have enough information to make an arrest and have a conviction?

    Yes, it was another wild goose chase. Maybe Tommy is working with LE to extract information from Misty, and she told something in the back of that van. According to granny, she's still telling "the Tommy and Joe did it" story. You would think the first thing Tommy would ask her would be "why did you tell LE that c**p about me and Joe? Her answer would be priceless to LE. She would either say, because that's what happened (if her story is true), or she would say, because I had to tell them something to get me out of jail. Either way, it shows LE who's lying. Who knows, maybe he told her he would go along with her lie and blame Joe if she would keep him out of the mix. Somehow, it had to come out that Haleigh is dead, or they wouldn't tell Crystal she's dead......would they?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    Misty is the last known person to be with the child.
    Misty and Tommy have allegedly told LE that Haleigh's body was weighted down with cinder blocks and dumped in the river. That is more than enough evidence to call it a homicide investigation. Why would the most likely suspect by virtue of being the last know contact tell the police that the missing child is dead? Self incriminating and can be used against her.

    Don't forget that she is accusing Cousin Joe of the actual murder. If there is no evidence to connect him to the crime, maybe that's the reason for the comment, that Misty knows she is in trouble now!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryann123 View Post
    Don't forget that she is accusing Cousin Joe of the actual murder. If there is no evidence to connect him to the crime, maybe that's the reason for the comment, that Misty knows she is in trouble now!
    Right- this was a desperate attempt by Misty to get herself out of the prime suspect role. But in the process she confirmed that Haleigh is dead, which will be use against her when the time comes. And with no physical evidence that we know her acknowledgement that Haleigh will not be found alive is the biggest turn in the case that has happened, IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    I am starting to get the impression that the entire story about the dock and the rope and cinder block and who killed Haleigh and all that is still not the truth. Early on we were told that evidence found at the MH did not support Misty's claims about what happened that night, and the other day Le said they believe an arrest is immanent. So I have a multi part question. What evidence do you believe they have, from the MH and or the dock?,What do you think they have to call this a homicide case? Do you think Misty and Tommy led them on another wild expedition? Who do you beleive the POI are? And do they now or will they ever have enough information to make an arrest and have a conviction?
    Another thing I've been thinking of for a few days- even if the rope and cinder block story is pure fabrication but someone planted them at the dock site to back up the story, there was really no need to. Have you ever been fishing, or dove to the bottom of a lake or river that has been frequently fished by boat? People often use cinder blocks as anchors and lose them a lot. There are probably dozens of them down there. If LE found one, I even wonder if it was one belonging to this motley crew in the first place....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by TXangel View Post
    Another thing I've been thinking of for a few days- even if the rope and cinder block story is pure fabrication but someone planted them at the dock site to back up the story, there was really no need to. Have you ever been fishing, or dove to the bottom of a lake or river that has been frequently fished by boat? People often use cinder blocks as anchors and lose them a lot. There are probably dozens of them down there. If LE found one, I even wonder if it was one belonging to this motley crew in the first place....
    IIRC, the blocks can have variable elements in them. They can test and more or less determine that they came from the same place as the block from the MH.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryann123 View Post
    Yes, it was another wild goose chase. Maybe Tommy is working with LE to extract information from Misty, and she told something in the back of that van. According to granny, she's still telling "the Tommy and Joe did it" story. You would think the first thing Tommy would ask her would be "why did you tell LE that c**p about me and Joe? Her answer would be priceless to LE. She would either say, because that's what happened (if her story is true), or she would say, because I had to tell them something to get me out of jail. Either way, it shows LE who's lying. Who knows, maybe he told her he would go along with her lie and blame Joe if she would keep him out of the mix. Somehow, it had to come out that Haleigh is dead, or they wouldn't tell Crystal she's dead......would they?
    I really don't think Tommy is working with LE. That just would not be sensible. He's been acting very guilty for awhile.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    I agree Tommy does act guilty, however if they have no evidence other than Haleigh missing they would need a rock solid confession, and if both Misty and Tommy have repeatedly failed poly's and nothing they say can be backed up how can they arrest anyone for murder.
    I'm not very articulate especially when I'm trying to make a point. Lets try it this way. Lets say they arrest Tommy and Misty for the murder of Haleigh and they have no body, they can't use what they said that led them to the dock as evidense if they did not find anything and we know from the press release today they did not find any human remains. So the only thing they could have found would have been a murder weapon, and if we beleive that the murder weapon was the rope and cinder block, like many have said there are probably a million of those in that river. So to call this a homicide they have to have proof, they did not say this is a death investigation, but a HOMICIDE which is murder. You can't charge a person with murder without any proof at all, I know that you without a body but you have to have something, so my question is what do you guys think the evidense is and is it enough to file charges and get a conviction.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,053
    I think they have enough testimony and evidence to declare it a homicide, but not enough to declare who did it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    I think the police are convinced that Misty and whoever was with her that night know what happened to Haleigh. In addition to whatever evidence they may have they have noticed that Misty and her usual suspects are telling tales of homicide. While different they share the common element that she was harmed in their hands, somehow. (Unless Joe has told them something different?) Common sense says that if it was an accident they wouldn't implicate themselves in a homicide or a plan to cover up a homicide. They wouldn't implicate themselves in a homicide just to get out of drug charges. They're no Rhodes scholars but surely they're not that dumb, and they have been advised by their lawyers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,721
    This is the first time Sheriff Hardy has used the word homicide in HaLeigh's case. I dont' believe he would call it that without sufficent proof of one for hope is all HaLeigh's family has...would he remove that hope without knowledge of this homicide!

    What they have at this moment is eyewitness testimony. Whether MC or ToC would be believed is another story. I feel Sheriff Hardy is building his case against those he feels are POI's/Suspects..he hasn't even named them so we are left to speculate.

    I still feel MC is the only one responsible for HaLeigh's demise but the others may have helped her hide HaLeigh...these people are not the smartest or brightest lights in the ceiling, they remind me of the three stooges..I don't understand how they held this in for over 14 months, that's what angers me. These creeps allowed HaLeigh to remain wherever they put her all these months while crying they don't know what happened...yeah, right!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 10:45 AM
  2. 2010.07.07 - Ann Rule weighs in
    By scandi in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:51 AM
  3. Do The Boulder Police/DA Have Undisclosed Evidence?
    By Leila in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 12:14 AM

Tags for this Thread