2010.04.21 - PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to back off....

Good I am glad, Thats why I posted in the case calendar thread, that unless something is fact, coming from LE or a reputable place, I wasn't going to be posting rumors. I'm glad that LE made this statement. I am sure hearing what was reported lastnight was more than heartbreaking for Crystal, and to have reported it on national TV without knowing for sure was disgusting to me.

If you watch the video all the way through it states that LE is taking a closer look at Joe after recieving tips. I wonder if those tips are GH.

may i get a summary my pc times out than jumps to the tiger woods story thank you in advance appreciateb

The sherriff says he is putting his foot down! I dont know how he is going to stop the insanity, but I do know that I agree with the guy at the 2:05 mark! Great find Kimster.

may i get a summary my pc times out than jumps to the tiger woods story thank you in advance appreciateb

Hardy says there is too much misinformation in the case and is asking bloggers and tv personalities to back off off on any unsubstantiated reports... reports that only serve to create alot of hype and hinder the investigation.

Sherriff putting foot down and separating fact from fiction. Because AH posted web article Detectives Showed Misty Bones on the Dock That Police Believe Could be Haleighs...

Sherriff says its a rumour, and they havent found Haleighs body...They did find animal bones and its possible Misty saw alligator claws and teeth while on dock being questioned.

Dets want rumours to stop so they can focus on their investigation

"Prolly best not to say anything until you know its really true ...because its the childs life theyre talking about"...guy at 2:05 mark in local diner.

Misty still key to cracking case. Talking more now.

bbm...I enjoyed that wording:angel:

I have never heard of any case where LE didn't announce immediately when they found a body. I remember the rumors that LE found Caylee's body and didn't tell the public used to surface about once a month. Well, they let everyone know right away when Caylee was found!

thank you for the info truly appreciate

Hardy says there is too much misinformation in the case and is asking bloggers and tv personalities to back off off on any unsubstantiated reports... reports that only serve to create alot of hype and hinder the investigation.

Sherriff putting foot down and seperating fact from fiction. Because AH posted web article Detectives Showed Misty Bones on the Dock That Police Believe Could be Haleighs...

Sherriff says its a rumour, and they havent found Haleighs body...They did find animal bones and its possible Misty saw alligator claws and teeth while on dock being questioned.

Dets want rumours to stop so they can focus on their investigation

"Prolly best not to say anything until you know its really true ...because its the childs life theyre talking about"...guy at 2:05 mark in local diner.

Misty still key to cracking case. Talking more now.

bbm...I enjoyed that wording:angel:

I have never heard of any case where LE didn't announce immediately when they found a body. I remember the rumors that LE found Caylee's body and didn't tell the public used to surface about once a month. Well, they let everyone know right away when Caylee was found!

I agree...even if you have to wait for identification, they usually announce if they have found remains. I must add, that it still allows me a little bit of hope knowing that they havent found Haleighs body (a very tiny tiny piece that I also know is probably unrealistic at this point :( )

Good I am glad, Thats why I posted in the case calendar thread, that unless something is fact, coming from LE or a reputable place, I wasn't going to be posting rumors. I'm glad that LE made this statement. I am sure hearing what was reported lastnight was more than heartbreaking for Crystal, and to have reported it on national TV without knowing for sure was disgusting to me.

WHOA! Did you notice that at the very bottom of the first page of the forum it shows that as an event?????? I mean the MAIN forum! WAY KEWL Butterfly! :highfive:

Very interesting. I got a phone call tonight from someone who was livid at NG and AH repeatedly telling things (true or untrue) that they should know LE wouldn't want POIs or even family members to know.

If NG and AH are running around yakking about how LE has, according to their "sources," used trickery to get Misty or Tommy to talk without thinking, or gauge Ron's reaction to being told to plan a funeral, I can see how LE might be a tad bit miffed. :cool:

Wow that's the second time this week a blogger has been in the news. They even showed a picture of AH.

I hope that MC tells them what they need to find out what happened to Haleigh. She's still the key they say.

I'm not surprised by the plea from LE.
I think we can lay a lot of the misinformation at the feet of Art Harris. However those who watched the Tuesday night Nancy Grace show saw how these rumors can find life. Harris announces Misty shown bones, Grace jumps in and claims those were Haleigh's bones. She ran with it throughout the show.
The rumor about the light blue cooler found in the river also began on Nancy's show along with the idea Misty was pointing out a location on the river while she stood on the dock. There was no verification on that report. Misty could have been pointing out her favorite bird for all we knew.
This is not to blast Nancy Grace's show, but to point out rumors in the making.
Also, we have Ron's lawyer claiming LE told Ron to begin planning a funeral. I greatly doubt that report.
I posted a week ago that unless it's announced by LE in front of a microphone in an official press conference, what you hear or read isn't that reliable. The source has to be from LE.
Stepping off the soap box now.
jmo

Kimster, thanx for posting this. I just came downstairs to post about this very subject. It has been bothering me alot since last night's NG and JVM. This has been a long haul for all of us but geez I feel for LE.... And I ache for Crystal in all of this.

I hope that AH and NG give a national apology as well as one directly to Halieghs family.

I'm not surprised by the plea from LE.
I think we can lay a lot of the misinformation at the feet of Art Harris. However those who watched the Tuesday night Nancy Grace show saw how these rumors can find life. Harris announces Misty shown bones, Grace jumps in and claims those were Haleigh's bones. She ran with it throughout the show.
The rumor about the light blue cooler found in the river also began on Nancy's show along with the idea Misty was pointing out a location on the river while she stood on the dock. There was no verification on that report. Misty could have been pointing out her favorite bird for all we knew.
This is not to blast Nancy Grace's show, but to point out rumors in the making.
Also, we have Ron's lawyer claiming LE told Ron to begin planning a funeral. I greatly doubt that report.
I posted a week ago that unless it's announced by LE in front of a microphone in an official press conference, what you hear or read isn't that reliable. The source has to be from LE.
Stepping off the soap box now.
jmo

I have to admit that I do not watch NG on a regular basis because there have been way too many times when the information that she reported was just flat out wrong. I feel that I have to take anything she says with a grain of salt until I see it backed up by a more reliable source. I get the impression that Misty probably did see bones of some kind at the dock, but LE slyly did not clarify that they were animals bones to her at the time because they wanted her to believe that they were human as in Haleigh's. So far as the blue cooler goes, there were pictures of LE removing it from the river, but who knows why it was there? Did LE bring it in to hold samples that they collected while working the scene or is it something that they found in the river and brought up. From the clip I saw of Misty at the river, I never once saw her point out anything. I actually thought her posture was somewhat defensive and perhaps even a bit defiant. Personally I think that Misty knows exactly what happened that night but she is never going to break down and tell the whole true because it might directly implicate her in Haleigh's death. If there is one thing true about Misty, it is that she only cares about her own selfish rear end, not about anybody else. When push comes to shove, Misty is going to worry about protecting Misty, period.

LE would have NEVER been so disrespectful as to lay little bones out on a table at the waters edge for Misty to see. Those bones would have been respectfully and very carefully treated, IMO, and immediately transported for identification. We would not have even known about them, IMO, until it was determined the bones even belonged to Haleigh.

I have a great deal of respect for Sheriff Hardy, and even moreso now for making these statements. I do hope AH gets the message and sees this video. He and NG are a lethal combination to any investigation, IMO. They both need to back off just as Sheriff Hardy suggests.

In fact, I wish that media would just cover Haleigh and not all these people in jail. The jailed ones need to go through everyday with just NOTHING even being said to them or about them. I think they get too much pleasure out of knowing their words and faces are going to be on TV. Yes, they are in trouble and they know it.

Good job, Sheriff Hardy, LE, and FDLE!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie