1573 users online (364 members and 1209 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - 1,600 Knives found in convicted felons home - Chicago

A Northwest Side man arrested for trying to bring knives into the Daley Center faces 47 new felony charges after a weekend search of his home turned up 1,600 knives and a list of law enforcement officials he may have been targeting.

<snip>

Long is the man accused of trying to bring four hunting knives into the Daley Center on March 16. He was originally charged with unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, according to a release from the sheriff's office

<snip>

Also confiscated were numerous documents naming specific police and law enforcement officials who Long had interacted with, and had past conflicts with, the release said.

<snip>

arrested 18 times since 2000, including once for threatening to kill the child of a witness in a case against him. He served 15 months in prison on that charge and has been on parole since November.

<snip>

and my favorite:

"I think he's just a rebel type. As a personality, he seems to be like 'all these rules and regulations, I don't know if we should have them,'" said James Morawski, a retired Chicago Police Officer whose mother lives in the same building as Long.

you're mother lives in the same building as this guy and you are retired LE?

full story at link: Including pictures of the stock pile.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/kevin.l...2.1580206.html

The guy has been arrested 18 times, did 15 months for threatening to kill a child. Apparently there is no "three strike rule" in Chicago, this sounds like an extra inning ball game to me.

I'm so flabbergasted this suspect is even on the streets.... we wonder why we read the stuff we do here at WS. I hope he gets more than another 15 months.
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-22-2010 at 04:47 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This should probably have it's own thread in the up to the minute forum, but I will post here for now since it was this following story which linked to the above story.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/knives....2.1648757.html

from the above link

Cook County Pushes For Ban On Hard Plastic Knives

Some Cook County lawmakers are pushing a ban on hard plastic knives, or brands made of polymer. Some companies market them as weapons that are undetectable through metal detectors. Some Cook County lawmakers don't want the hard plastic knives to get into the wrong hands – and end up in the wrong place. CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman learned the push is on to ban them, thanks to a real scare.

full story at above link.

Now does that above picture look like a knife or a weapon? It's amazing the things people will try to market 'legally'. I hope these types of knives are banned elsewhere. I can imagine a lot more places perps would try to bring these besides a court house.
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-22-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Cubby, I don't know. My mouth is still agape at the number 1,6000.

PLUS the retired cop. "He's just the rebel type". No joke. Like you mentioned as well the retired officer's mom is in the same building as the guy?

That's bonkers.