Dominic Casey & Cheney Mason - how deep is the connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
I started to pose this question on the Verified Attorney thread, but was afraid it might start to derail it, so I opted to open a new one.

Back in March, Texas Mist posted a link to Dominic Casey's motion to strike, motion for protective order and motion for attorney fees. (drafted by DC counsel Dianna Tennis) in the "Dominic is scared, but why?...." thread.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/09/16/exhibit.c.pdf

Paragraph 5 makes it clear that at some point Dominic consulted with Cheney Mason in re. fighting the subpoena to testify in the civil case (ZG v. Casey Anthony). In fact, Cheney Mason placed a call to Morgan & Morgan on behalf of DC. It is not clear that he was ever retained. (Although, it doesn't really matter since anything DC told CM would still be considered privleged.) At the time, I posted my thoughts in the thread, but since Mason has now joined the criminal defense team, I am having second thoughts.

(the conversation I am referencing is in the "Dominic is scared..." thread and starts on pg. 20, post#'s 483 - 490)

Since we don't know WHAT could have been uncovered in the SA's investigative interview (aka depo) that may or may not have taken place, this seems dangerously close to being a conflict of interest, imo. I could be totally wrong. No idea. It just smells to me.

Does anyone else know of any other documentation in that connects Mason & DC?

Assuming that CM didn't learn anything from DC that would be news to Baez and Team, I don't thing there's anything for him to worry about.

Assuming that CM didn't learn anything from DC that would be news to Baez and Team, I don't thing there's anything for him to worry about.

Regardless if CM learned anything, doesn't it open the door for appeals? Especially with what it's taking to even get DC to talk. Not to mention DC's legal obligations to the A's which could be conflicting.

Novice Seeker

All of these paths that cross -

DC & Baez ---> DC - Baez ---> DC & Anthonys ---> DC + Mason ---> Mason + Baez etal

It is making me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I started to pose this question on the Verified Attorney thread, but was afraid it might start to derail it, so I opted to open a new one.

Back in March, Texas Mist posted a link to Dominic Casey's motion to strike, motion for protective order and motion for attorney fees. (drafted by DC counsel Dianna Tennis) in the "Dominic is scared, but why?...." thread.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/09/16/exhibit.c.pdf

Paragraph 5 makes it clear that at some point Dominic consulted with Cheney Mason in re. fighting the subpoena to testify in the civil case (ZG v. Casey Anthony). In fact, Cheney Mason placed a call to Morgan & Morgan on behalf of DC. It is not clear that he was ever retained. (Although, it doesn't really matter since anything DC told CM would still be considered privleged.) At the time, I posted my thoughts in the thread, but since Mason has now joined the criminal defense team, I am having second thoughts.

(the conversation I am referencing is in the "Dominic is scared..." thread and starts on pg. 20, post#'s 483 - 490)

Since we don't know WHAT could have been uncovered in the SA's investigative interview (aka depo) that may or may not have taken place, this seems dangerously close to being a conflict of interest, imo. I could be totally wrong. No idea. It just smells to me.

Does anyone else know of any other documentation in that connects Mason & DC?

Looks like, at least based on the DCs' e-mails, there was not prior connection.

IMO..there has to be something. DC didn't just call up C. Mason and say hey do me a favor call up M&M for me on this depo. DC would have had to have told him some info. I don't see any lawyer making a phone call on someones behalf without knowing what, if anything they are calling about.

Having said that, whatever DC told mason is now privy to the defense and without the SA getting his depo...whatever DC knows, Mason knows...hence the defense team NOW knows something the SA doesn't. And, the defense didn't have to depo DC to get the info, it was supplied "free" by way of Mason.

(hope that makes sense)

If DC thinks, like me, he knew, MN was the only "competent ________" in the equation (excluding the prosecution team); so maybe, he called him!! GOOD MOVE!! can some-one ? help me! w/my puncasuation and spailin'??
need a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member