1092 users online (211 members and 881 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What is the "Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy"?

Would someone kindly find this for those of us too computer illiterate .

Judge Perry says everyone will follow it! (wonder who will be the first to break one of the policies and how will the Judge respond)
    Last edited by cjm11; 04-22-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: can't remember names!

Link to 9th Judicial Decorum Policy:
    http://www.ninthcircuit.org/programs...m-policy.shtml

Thank you sooo much for the link!

oh my, no gum chewing, water bottles, snide remarks, eye rolls. Seems like the judge wants a court room and not a school room, go figure.

Love how they bolded the part about controlling anyone sitting at the counsel table...i.e., no face making, no playing pen wars, no rolling your eyes....LOL!

OH BOY... Baez will definitely have problems with this rule:

Counsel shall refrain from attempting to make a re-argument after the Judge has ruled.

What will Cindy do now?

No gum chewing is permitted.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

Read Judge Perry's order here.

My favorite part:

Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of witnesses, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited.

Unfortunately I didn't see anything regarding the worst violation in my opinion, which is touching or cradling a client. There is no way that should be allowed. It is completely unprofessional, unnecessary, and disgusting. As far as I know, the state is not allowed to do the equivalent, which would be to have a nice picture of Caylee sitting on their table during hearings. I hope he stops this garbage post haste!

I'm betting there's a nice, big photo on an easel somewhere of Caylee during the trial as soon as the prosecution begins their case.

I like the way he's starting out. Kind of a "OK, I'm here, knock off all the crap and let's get this done!" kind of message.

Page 5, paragraph 3.

Avoid disparaging personal remarks or acrimony toward opposing counsel and remain wholly detached from any ill feeling between the litigants or witnesses.

Now won't that just bite JB in the butt........
    Shhhhh..........we're watching Nancy Grace.

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    wow things should be a bit differnt, from now on

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniestone218 View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

Read Judge Perry's order here.

My favorite part:

Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of witnesses, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited.
    I hope they have fun trying to keep KC from making her (I'm so pissed) faces..
    Shhhhh..........we're watching Nancy Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by hroark2112 View Post
    I'm betting there's a nice, big photo on an easel somewhere of Caylee during the trial as soon as the prosecution begins their case.

I like the way he's starting out. Kind of a "OK, I'm here, knock off all the crap and let's get this done!" kind of message.
    Ooooh, good point! I would like to see them play videos of Caylee, so vibrant and alive. It would also counteract AL's penchant for shedding tears for her clients.

During the Scott Peterson trial I used to look at him in his well-cut suit, kicking back with his attorneys, acting like a sophisticated man of the world, enjoying being out of jail and being with his debonair 'peers', not realizing it was all over, and that in the world's eyes he was nothing, just a dirty, creepy, cruel murderer with no future. I had forgotten about that until I saw KC in court, saw the same kind of satisfied look on her face. Now she won't even get to have the trial as her final hurrah, her swan song, there will be no glamour, she will just be a sulky girl facing extremely serious charges who is finally being forced to face herself and her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    Love how they bolded the part about controlling anyone sitting at the counsel table...i.e., no face making, no playing pen wars, no rolling your eyes....LOL!
    Oh my.......does this mean she can't tell the judge when she wants him to "make him stop"........
    Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
    Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast