Ummm, LaShawn Merritt tests positive for something some may find offensive.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Olympic champion Merritt tests positive

Thu Apr 22, 4:19 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400m champion LaShawn Merritt of the United States has been suspended after testing positive for an anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400m, said in a statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two year ban, said: "To know that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around.

:eek:

:floorlaugh:

That's gotta be embarrassing. I bet he would have preferred to get caught leaving a bar half cocked instead of this. :crazy:

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two year ban, said: "To know that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around.[/I]
:crazy:

Dude, I KNEW there was a reason I liked you! Exquisite sense of humor!!!

The only benefit as far as competition goes, that I can see, is that he might cross the line an inch ahead of the next guy in a close race. :crazy:

The only benefit as far as competition goes, that I can see, is that he might cross the line an inch ahead of the next guy in a close race. :crazy:
OMG! Tell me you didn't!! :pinocchio:

OMG! Tell me you didn't!! :pinocchio:

I have no idea what you're talking about.
bag.gif

In all he does, he just wants to be heads above the rest.

If it's difficult to wrap his hands around, well, doesn't seem he'd be in need of the product.

If it's difficult to wrap his hands around, well, doesn't seem he'd be in need of the product.

Maybe it worked better than he bargained for? He doesn't sound sorry that he tried the product, just that he failed the test. The company is drafting the ads already: "A hands on approach to improving yourself."

I'm going to have to stop hanging out with you people. I swear, the lengths some will go to..........

Ok, this thread is killing me! :floorlaugh:

Y'all are bad! Esp you Steely!

The hands around quote is priceless.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Linky

Olympic champion Merritt tests positive

[snip]

That's gotta be embarrassing. I bet he would have preferred to get caught leaving a bar half cocked instead of this. :crazy:

Guess he kinda was half cocked if he didn't deny using the male enhancements - LOL :angel:

Here's another article on this. It has more information on the situation. The best part of the article, however, is the picture.

s-LASHAWN-MERRITT-SUSPENDED-MALE-ENHANCEMENT-large.jpg

It's a humiliating come-down for one of track and field's rising stars over the past two years. And the 23-year-old Merritt said he hopes his family, friends and sponsors will forgive him for making "a foolish, immature and egotistical mistake."

Doesn't he mean egotestical? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back