1135 users online (227 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Chicago, WhtMale UP6966, 38-55, on Lake Michigan breakwall, Apr'10

A LAke Michigan boater observed a body lodged within the rocks of the west side of the outer breakwall, at the southern half of Monroe Harbor at approximately 801 S. Lake Shore Drive.

WARNING- GRAPHIC PHOTOS AT NAMUS LINK - since removed (photo released at link is unrecognizable)

Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
    Minimum age 38 years
    Maximum age 55 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity Other
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 180, Measured
    Height (inches) 70, Measured

Clothing:

The Victim is wearing LEVIS brand blue jeans, regular fit, Size W33, L38.

Both legs of the blue jeans are almost completely torn off.

A brown leather NAUTICA brand belt is observed with the buckle broken off.

White, NAUTICA brand jockey style underwear.

Foot Wear:

ne, brown leather, Sperry brand "Topsider," deck shoe, size 10M, is recovered from the left foot.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-06-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: remove NamUs link photo's too graphic.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    This time you beat me to it MTrooper!

Oh thank goodness it was you Cubby who removed the link, I thought I was going crazy there for a minute.
    Last edited by Snufamonbobball; 04-22-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

I am amazed those photos were released. They should have done no photo available.
    I would not recommend checking the namus link.

the information posted above in the first post is what is available at the link...... outside of contact info, which I will add shortly.

CONTACT INFO FROM LINK:

Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact

Agency Cook Cnty Medical Exmnrs Ofc Phone 312-997-4484

Case Manager

Name Mark Czworniak Email mark.czworniak@chicagopolice.org

ETA: Namus Case # 6966- PLEASE be forwarned these are very disturbing pictures currently posted if you choose to go directly to NamUs and search for the particular doe yourself.
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-23-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: removed link due to graphic photos add namus case #
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

snip:
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...-michigan.html

Boater discovers man's body in Lake Michigan
    April 15, 2010 5:41 PM | No Comments

A man in his 40s was pronounced dead after his body was found by a boater this morning in Lake Michigan, officials said.

The unidentified man appearing to be a white male in his 40s and was found floating in the lake at 801 S. Lake Shore Drive., said a spokesman with the Cook County medical examiner's office.

The man was pronounced dead at 12:30 p.m. at the Stein Institute at the Cook County medical examiner's office, officials said.

Police said a boater discovered the body at about 9 a.m. and alerted authorities. Police are investigating, a spokesman said.

-- Carlos Sadovi

I removed the link due to the extremely graphic nature of the photos posted at the NamUs link.

PLEASE DO NOT add the NamUs link to this doe until I can get some direction from Tricia on this. Thank you.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

There is no point in using this photo for visual comparison.

Bloated decedents are usually not even recognizable to people who know them.

I was told by one of my MedEx contacts that he doesn't even show the photos of bloated decedents to relatives because they would not recognize them anyway, and they would be needlessly traumatized.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-23-2010 at 01:05 AM.

For anyone sleuthing this one - good visual of the teeth. Cemented bridge.

I warned you guys.

I agree with Mensch about the good dental pics. I do think that they would be helpful for identification.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    I agree with Mensch about the good dental pics. I do think that they would be helpful for identification.
    LOL mt, this work is not for those with sensitive stomachs.
    Just a heads up for you. I am really busy with a female case out of WI and found something you might want to check on or notify the agency. The man in the MP article has been missing since Jan, 2010. Yea, I know, a long way but he only had to go to Milwaukee which is 3 hrs away and float from there to where he was found.
    At any rate, I would focus on WI for this one first.
    Also note his head was shaved at time of missing. He was wearing jeans and a jacket. He is the right height and weight and appx age. Anything this close is worth looking into. I don't have the time today.
    Re: Missing Man: John W. Wiebke--WI--01/07/2010
    Ya'll have a good day!

Thanks for the possible match Mensch.

Personally, I don't think this has anything to do with weak stomachs. there is not a coroners office in the country that would release those photo's on a john or jane do site viewable to the public. Doenetwork.org does not release the type of photo's released for this john doe. It simply doesn't happen, other than on sites that choose to post those kind of pictures and they are not the type of sites a family might go searching for their lost loved one.

IMO, this was a very very poor choice/mistake on the person who decided to upload those photos' The only thing useful was the teeth, and the photo should have been edited and photo shopped or touched up for appropriate viewing. Also possibly a glitch that NamUs did not catch them before they were released for public view.

Either way, I have contacted someone who has direct access via phone to the volunteers at NamUs to get the situation resolved. Hopefully they will get that taken care of very soon so no unfortunate family with a lost loved one is unneccesarily traumatized by viewing those photos.

JMO
    ~JMO~

John W. Wiebke has sadly already been found: http://www.wxow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12242418 but I agree that WI is a good place to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by mortytbusybody View Post
    John W. Wiebke has sadly already been found: http://www.wxow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12242418 but I agree that WI is a good place to start looking.
    Huh? Sadly? I think that is terrific! Locating the missing by any means or method is the goal (MO)

Oh, and I am thinking that the upscale clothing, and expensive deck shoes that this guy is a boater who lost his ship. Thats where I am starting at least.

and when does LE offer every single picture to the public? We are talking about sites available to the public here. Let's be sensitive to the victim can we please? and not make this a debate about whether or not gruesome crime scene or morgue photo's should or should not be made available for the general public.

Thanks!
    Cubby with her mod hat on.....

ETA: Final warning folks. There will be no more discussion on this thread regarding what is or is not appropriate for LE or ME to release on graphic crime scene or morgue photos. You are welcome to go start a seperate thread in the Jury Room for that topic. Any more discussion on this thread outside of identiying this man and TO's will be recommended. I am far too busy to moderate a discussion on this john does thread which should be about identifying HIM and not the off topic stuff.
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-23-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    ~JMO~

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast