1241 users online (213 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

White space of the RN vs. PR's exemplars.

The white space of the ransom note has distinguishing features and patterns. So does the white space on PR's exemplars. But these features and patterns are totally different, even opposite, the RN.

The white space of the RN has two spaces between some words, and always has two spaces between sentences. It is standard typing practice to type two spaces after the period ending a sentence.

xxxxx____xxxxxx__xxxxx.____Xxxxxxx

The white space of PR's exemplars never has two spaces, and always has only a half-space between sentences.

xxxxx__xxxxx__xxxxx._Xxxxxx

It seems that the RN author and PR have two different writing styles, when it comes to white space.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-24-2010 at 01:24 AM.

A large white space (2-3 chars wide) between the end of one sentence and the beginning of the next is clearly evident throughout the ransom note. All three pages. Its a characteristic of the writer.

This writing characteristic is not evident in PR's exemplars.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-24-2010 at 10:06 PM.

I have never believed she wrote the note...so this is a good find but nor surprising for me. The note would not have been that long had she or anyone written it after the killing so I believe it was written prior and PR would have never used the movie references for dude flicks. The analysis of the writing has always been debated and it has never been conclusively "Patsy" unless, of course you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I have never believed she wrote the note...so this is a good find but nor surprising for me. The note would not have been that long had she or anyone written it after the killing so I believe it was written prior and PR would have never used the movie references for dude flicks. The analysis of the writing has always been debated and it has never been conclusively "Patsy" unless, of course you want it to be.
    Probably written while the R's weren't even there. Thats a big opportunity in the intruder theories. What did they do for hours and hours while the R's were gone?

Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man. In this case, a man who draws on movie lines alot.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-28-2010 at 07:48 PM.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    It is not always a man. There was a case in the news recently where a young girl was sexually assaulted with an object and killed by the mother of a young friend.
    Most are men, but not all.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Wonder why Patsy didn't use 2 spaces between sentences in her exemplars? If she had a degree in literature and was well known for her writing, this should have been second nature for her.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    Wonder why Patsy didn't use 2 spaces between sentences in her exemplars? If she had a degree in literature and was well known for her writing, this should have been second nature for her.
    Because she was deliberately trying not to.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Because she was deliberately trying not to.

Exactly. I can't even imagine the amount of pressure she was under while writing those exemplars.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Probably written while the R's weren't even there. Thats a big opportunity in the intruder theories. What did they do for hours and hours while the R's were gone?

Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man. In this case, a man who draws on movie lines alot.
    In a 2007 study of Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation
    Profiling Crime Scene Behaviors and Offender Characteristics by Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland, the findings were, in part
    "Furthermore, females with a personality disorder or psychosis differ from each other in relation to the age of their victims: women with a personality disorder kill more adults, whereas psychotic women kill more children. Males, psychotic or nonpsychotic, rarely kill children."

Interestingly, they also found that in such cases, 72% of the offenders were affected by alcohol and 10% by drugs. Perhaps that's how you amuse yourself for a few hours?

I also feel that the lack of semen, seminal fluid and penetration does not suggest sexual assult by a male. Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.
    Last edited by MurriFlower; 04-28-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    Profiling Crime Scene Behaviors and Offender Characteristics by Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland, the findings were, in part
    "Furthermore, females with a personality disorder or psychosis differ from each other in relation to the age of their victims: women with a personality disorder kill more adults, whereas psychotic women kill more children. Males, psychotic or nonpsychotic, rarely kill children."

Interestingly, they also found that in such cases, 72% of the offenders were affected by alcohol and 10% by drugs. Perhaps that's how you amuse yourself for a few hours?

I also feel that the lack of semen, seminal fluid and penetration does not suggest sexual assult by a male. Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.
    I find this most interesting.

I'm not sure about Finland, but this is how things are in the U.S.:

Statistician, Bureau of Justice Statistics
    Highlights
    *An estimated 18.6% of inmates serving time in State prisons in 1991 for violent crimes, or about 61,000 offenders nationwide, had been convicted of a crime against a victim under age 18.
    *1 in 5 violent offenders serving time in a State prison reported having victimized a child.
    *More than half the violent crimes committed against children involved victims age 12 or younger.
    *7 in 10 offenders with child victims reported that they were imprisoned for a rape or sexual assault.
    *Two-thirds of all prisoners convicted of rape or sexual assault had committed their crime against a child.
    --------------------------------
    Characteristics of the offenders
    --------------------------------
    *All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male.
    *Offenders who had victimized a child were on average 5 years older than the violent offenders who had committed their crimes against adults. Nearly 25% of child victimizers were age 40 or older, but about 10% of the inmates with adult victims fell in that age range.

3 in 4 child victims of violence were female.

*An estimated 7.2% of child victimizers in prison had murdered their victims.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a 97% probability that JBR was assaulted and strangled by a male.

Finding unknown male DNA mixed with blood that matched waistband DNA? Gee whaddaya think?
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-29-2010 at 12:51 AM.

I'm not sure about Finland, but this is how things are in the U.S.:
    I expect you were confused, as this small quote was taken out of context in that the study was Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation, not murder generally. So to compare you would have to have figures on the number of children strangled by men.

I expect you were confused, as this small quote was taken out of context in that the study was Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation, not murder generally. So to compare you would have to have figures on the number of children strangled by men.
    Its not me who is confused: All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male. This statistic is inclusive of ligature strangulation homicides and is not ambiguous.

The unknown male DNA is the closest thing to evidence that anybody was even there, as there is no trace of JR or PR placed alongside these DNA discoveries.

The crime scene evidence supports a male offender because of the sexual assault and the presence of matching male DNA in criminally significant locations.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-29-2010 at 01:07 AM.

All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male. [/FONT][/U][/B]This statistic is inclusive of ligature strangulation homicides and is not ambiguous.
    OK, I'll rephrase this as a direct question. What was the total number of child ligature strangulations and how many of the offenders were male?
    Last edited by MurriFlower; 04-29-2010 at 01:14 AM.

OK, I'll rephrase this as a direct question. What was the total number of child ligature strangulations and how many of the offenders were male?
    Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.
    What was the total number of child penetrations with objects, and how many of the offenders were female?
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-29-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast