2010.04.23 Vacuum Cleaner Forensics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WS :)

I have been doing a thread search. Tried: Pontiac, car, clean, vacuum, etc. Is there a specific thread regarding Cindy/George and the "cleaning" of the Pontiac after it was brought back from the tow yard? TIA.

...JS...

Items submitted for analysis

Q 67 - Shop Vac vacuum: hairs collected from inside and from filter; none on outside (pg. 39)

Q 68 - Steam Cleaner (Bissell model 1970): hairs collected from brushes; none found in water collector (pg. 39)

Q 69 - Steam Cleaner (Bissell Spot-Bot model 1200): no hairs found in hoses, water collector, or main brushes. 1 hair collected from 'white plastic area' (pg. 41)

Q 70 - Vacuum Cleaner (Dirt Devil bagless model 08910HD): 1 pbx from bottom brush area; 4 pbxs from canister/filter (pg. 41)

No hairs collected showed evidence of decomp. (pg. 42)

Questions:

1) Is 'pbx' forensic speak? I ask because the shop vac and steam cleaners specifically stated 'hairs'. The collections from the vacuum were referred to as pbxs.

2) Someone please remind me when LE finally took possession of the Pontiac, please. :)

Looks like it was sealed on 7/16/08.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4535736&postcount=11"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4535736&postcount=11[/ame]

That is per Bond's post. However, it was linked in an earlier post by BeanE to a pdf doc that won't open for me.

And this one, including a thumbnail of Bloise's report, is courtesy of JWG's sleuthing.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532032&postcount=791"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532032&postcount=791[/ame]

Something tells me CA and GA wouldn't keep the vaccuums or whatever was used to clean up that car, those were probably long disposed of before FBI came about.

But I'm just getting caught up. I was in the middle of like page 10 of the document dump when Century Link had an outage and I was out of internet for 4 hours. After waiting all week for this doc dump!! Oh, the irony is rich. ;)

Something tells me CA and GA wouldn't keep the vaccuums or whatever was used to clean up that car, those were probably long disposed of before FBI came about.

But I'm just getting caught up. I was in the middle of like page 10 of the document dump when Century Link had an outage and I was out of internet for 4 hours. After waiting all week for this doc dump!! Oh, the irony is rich. ;)

I agree with you stephanie...I believe they did get rid of their vacumns..I want to see the receipt for the ones they turned over to the FBI...

Very strange there was not one hair in those vacuums. No way! I have so much hair in my vac! Kitty hair and people hair. Sometimes I have turn my vac over on it's side and take the scissors and cut the hair out of the brushes (I have hair to about the middle of my back). You'd think there would be some hair in the A's many vacs! They have 2 dogs, a cat, and people in and out of that house constantly. Not to mention - KC is constantly playing with her hair! Some of that had to have come out while she had her fingers all through it. Me thinks Cindy cleaned out those vacs really good or she just went out and purchased new ones.

I agree with you stephanie...I believe they did get rid of their vacumns..I want to see the receipt for the ones they turned over to the FBI...

I too think they got rid of their vacuums, based on the fact that they bought a new washer and dryer as well.

For a couple who can't pay their rather low monthly mortgage payment, how on earth do they have funds for a new washer and dryer?

I too think they got rid of their vacuums, based on the fact that they bought a new washer and dryer as well.

For a couple who can't pay their rather low monthly mortgage payment, how on earth do they have funds for a new washer and dryer?

Amazing isn't it? I didn't know they bought a new washer and dryer! WOW. Who has time or the thought process to do all this stuff when their grandaugher is missing?

Or like someone said in the other thread, the car could have been taken to a car wash/vacuum spot and cleaned there. We already know CA is not willing to hand over evidence, what with trying to give the wrong hairbrush, washing KC's pants and the knife, et cetera. They're stupid, heartless, and in my opinion - MEAN with regards to their granddaughter, but they aren't ignorant - after smelling that car and figuring out what happened (and for all we know KC could have SOMEWHAT confessed to them, or at least CA..you know, as much as a pathological liar can confess) I'm sure they realized that they needed to clean the car thoroughly..but not with any cleaning supplies or tools that could be traced back to their house. I'm surprised they didn't break into Zenaida Gonzalez's house and use one of her vacuums! I just dont think the lack of decomposing hairs in their household vacuums is enough to say KC didn't do this, and is just a tiny straw for the defense to grasp. MOO.

Very strange there was not one hair in those vacuums. No way! I have so much hair in my vac! Kitty hair and people hair. Sometimes I have turn my vac over on it's side and take the scissors and cut the hair out of the brushes (I have hair to about the middle of my back). You'd think there would be some hair in the A's many vacs! They have 2 dogs, a cat, and people in and out of that house constantly. Not to mention - KC is constantly playing with her hair! Some of that had to have come out while she had her fingers all through it. Me thinks Cindy cleaned out those vacs really good or she just went out and purchased new ones.

Same here, our vacuums get clogged with hair all the time. What with myself, my sister, my mother, and even my 3 year old princess all with tons and tons of hair..and we all love to primp..I always have to get scissors to cut the hair off the belt of the vacuum. Hairbrushes have to be constantly cleaned out too because of all the hair that comes out each time you brush! If I were an investigator, the lack of hair would certainly set off the hinky meter! MOO

I wonder what happened to the old washer and dryer and if LE tried to find out exactly what they did with it so they could find it and test it.

Also there is no way my steam cleaner at home doesnt have at least a few hairs in the hose and water container so why was their steam cleaner free of hairs in the hoses and the water container. I too believe these are probably new ones. I think I will go home tonight and just check for the heck of it, my hubby will probably wonder why I am inspecting my steam cleaner.

Amazing isn't it? I didn't know they bought a new washer and dryer! WOW. Who has time or the thought process to do all this stuff when their grandaugher is missing?

Yeah that's the first I heard of them getting a new washer and dryer. Unbelievable.

OT but I lost someone very close to me this past September..my daughter's father..and in the following months just let myself go..didn't buy new things, didn't get my hair done, rarely ever wore make up or got dressed up, (which is so not like me) rarely ever went out to spend time with friends, grades slipped in school, called out sick to work too often, gained weight rapidly then lost weight rapidly..wasn't taking very good care of myself at all. I know everyone grieves differently and I don't ever want to judge how someone handles the loss of a loved one, but buying new appliances and going on cruises and all that stuff sure doesn't seem to me like something someone would do if they lost someone as close as a granddaughter, especially knowing (or at least suspecting) it was at their daughter's hands.

One thing I did do that the A's did was get a tattoo in remembrance..

Or like someone said in the other thread, the car could have been taken to a car wash/vacuum spot and cleaned there. We already know CA is not willing to hand over evidence, what with trying to give the wrong hairbrush, washing KC's pants and the knife, et cetera. They're stupid, heartless, and in my opinion - MEAN with regards to their granddaughter, but they aren't ignorant - after smelling that car and figuring out what happened (and for all we know KC could have SOMEWHAT confessed to them, or at least CA..you know, as much as a pathological liar can confess) I'm sure they realized that they needed to clean the car thoroughly..but not with any cleaning supplies or tools that could be traced back to their house. I'm surprised they didn't break into Zenaida Gonzalez's house and use one of her vacuums! I just dont think the lack of decomposing hairs in their household vacuums is enough to say KC didn't do this, and is just a tiny straw for the defense to grasp. MOO.

We need to keep in mind GA was a homicide detective. I am sure the Anthony's had one of those sticky tape rollers that you use when you want to remove dog hair from your clothes, etc.

I still believe they used the wet vac on the car, and dumped the dirty water in the back yard. When the cadavers dogs hit in the back yard it was the decomp water from the car.

I wonder what happened to the old washer and dryer and if LE tried to find out exactly what they did with it so they could find it and test it.

Also there is no way my steam cleaner at home doesnt have at least a few hairs in the hose and water container so why was their steam cleaner free of hairs in the hoses and the water container. I too believe these are probably new ones. I think I will go home tonight and just check for the heck of it, my hubby will probably wonder why I am inspecting my steam cleaner.

My steam cleaner (hoover) has a clear space in front of the vacuum that always has hair in it. It is a difficult space to clean out so there is always some hair in it even after I've cleaned it.

The washing machine was first noticed "differant", during the time that FOX had their webcam out in front of the Anthony home 24/7.
In those early days, when the garage door was open, you could see the matching washer and dryer.

There was live feed one day of either George or Cindy walking back into the house via the garage, and, plain as day, you could tell that the washing machine did not match the dryer, and appeared to be "newer".
Not long after that, they were matching again.

My guess would be that each replaced machine was hauled away with the delivery of the day.
Or. as greedy as they are, possibly donated to GoodWill, Salvation Army, etc for the tax deduction that would be allowed on them.
It was rumored at the last hearing, that George was overheard in the hallway talking about Salvation Army coming to the house to pick up a water bed?

At any rate, the machine, or machines were replaced, and if FOX has kept those live link videos, it could be verified.

Also, when LE went back with a search warrent after Caylee was found, you can see them bringing out a Dirt Devil box, also which was seen on a shelf in the garage, via the FOX live webcam during the protest days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong