881 users online (118 members and 763 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebear14 View Post
    yep most of the media is trying to make it sound like she was a cutter and that this essay should have been a red flag and whatnot. I read that essay a month ago and never thought it any mind other than she was very intelligent and thoughtful about the subject.

It is possible she was a cutter, but we have no proof, and to use a 9th grade english essay assignment in an attempt to examine her psychological state is just grasping at straws, in my opinion.

also here's a link to Litterbox http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/ Hope you have a few hours to spare
    Also, someone may have seen cuts if she was a cutter or she would have told a close friend. Both of those don't have to be true. But I still see the defense using the essay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    "This book I really connected with as I found there was truth in every word that Levenkron wrote and it helped me comprehend what people close to me have gone through." -Phoebe Prince

Bolded part previously left out by WWLP.

http://ow.ly/1Bvsm%20
    Sounds to me like she had a friend who was a cutter and she was a confidant for that person.

No, I haven't. But depending how my insomnia goes, I may catch the later episode. I'll try and get the video, tomorrow. Or if anyone else comes upon it...well, you know.

This is the Litterbox
    http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/
    I have insomnia always too. My sleep schedule is strange, Thanks for the link!

AC did not cover Phoebe's case last night. Wonder why not?
    Last edited by daisy7; 04-24-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsky View Post
    Also, someone may have seen cuts if she was a cutter or she would have told a close friend. Both of those don't have to be true. But I still see the defense using the essay!!!!
    yep very true. I'll never say she definitely did or didn't but I'm just really unhappy with the way the media is covering it. I'm sure the defense will use it, however I'm also sure that if she was a cutter the autopsy report would indicate same.

All this media coverage on her essay of "Cutting" is really bothering me. It in no way indicates she was a cutter, and even if she was, that makes it ok for those kids to stalk and harrass her? that makes her suicide ok? It kills me that she is being victimized even in death.
    I am not sure the correct place to put this, but I just wanted to introduce myself since I am kind of a newbie. I have been on WS since 2008, the CA case brought me here. I lived in Orlando for 5 years and the locations were all very familiar to me, and I also have a 3 yo with the same name. I have been following the Phoebe case, and found that WS had this subforum, I am so happy to have a place to discuss this case with people that care.
    Phoebe has been on my mind every day since her death. I have never cried over one person so much before, and I didn't even know her. I was a cutter in high school and suicidal as well. I could almost feel her pain, even though I was not bullied to the extent she was.
    My mother went to SHHS for one year and was bullied as well, by the lacrosse team.
    Two childhood friends had to leave SHHS in the 90's because they were bullied so bad.
    But what I find the most confusing is that every single male I know that went to SHHS denies there was/is a problem and agrees the media should go away.
    My best friend in high school was D.S. daughter. I wonder what he would have done if that happened to her.
    Just wanted to explain myself since I am on post #5 but have been here since 2008.

The autopsy would show if she had scars that would be consistent with cutting.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    AC did not cover Phoebe's case last night. Wonder why not?
    I noticed that! I stayed up to catch it and it never came. I bet the Dr. or AC360 got a call from the family lawyer! I BET!

Or many, many angry emails...
    Last edited by Paladine; 04-24-2010 at 11:10 AM.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    The autopsy would show if she had scars that would be consistent with cutting.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    Hello, Herding Cats Yes. It would be easy to see.

But it's also irrelevant and a way to divert blame from the perp and place it on the victim, imo...

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

At the moment all this ridicules coverage of the cutting essay is setting the stage for the defense to trash her before we get any possible trials. This misfire by the media is essentially a free shot that the defense doesn't have to take (and thus they don't get directly blamed for blaming the victim). They just get to take advantage of the effects.

We all know that attacking the victim is the classic strategy, and given the number of people in South Hadley around the net who keep saying "when you know the whole story" or "she was troubled, you will see", this will do nothing but make it more difficult for her to get justice for what was done to her.

Quote Originally Posted by McKEire View Post
    All this media coverage on her essay of "Cutting" is really bothering me. It in no way indicates she was a cutter, and even if she was, that makes it ok for those kids to stalk and harrass her? that makes her suicide ok? It kills me that she is being victimized even in death.
    I am not sure the correct place to put this, but I just wanted to introduce myself since I am kind of a newbie. I have been on WS since 2008, the CA case brought me here. I lived in Orlando for 5 years and the locations were all very familiar to me, and I also have a 3 yo with the same name. I have been following the Phoebe case, and found that WS had this subforum, I am so happy to have a place to discuss this case with people that care.
    Phoebe has been on my mind every day since her death. I have never cried over one person so much before, and I didn't even know her. I was a cutter in high school and suicidal as well. I could almost feel her pain, even though I was not bullied to the extent she was.
    My mother went to SHHS for one year and was bullied as well, by the lacrosse team.
    Two childhood friends had to leave SHHS in the 90's because they were bullied so bad.
    But what I find the most confusing is that every single male I know that went to SHHS denies there was/is a problem and agrees the media should go away.
    My best friend in high school was D.S. daughter. I wonder what he would have done if that happened to her.
    Just wanted to explain myself since I am on post #5 but have been here since 2008.
    Thank you, McKEire, for sharing and I'm happy you're posting in Phoebe's forum!

A photo of Phoebe...not an outfit I'd wear if I had scars to hide...just sayin'...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by McKEire View Post
    respectfully bolded by me...so true.

IMO, I think the boys having a problem admitting they HAD a problem, is alot the same as abused kids who deny the abuse in order to feel close to their abuser...as soon as they own the abuse...they will feel anger and pull away from the abuser. In SH, the 'abusers' are everywhere. It seems systemic, to me. The culture. If they pull away and get angry...where do thet turn? I can feel some empathy for the choice they have to make. But I hope they find the courage to stand, even if it is alone, for what's right and honest.

A photo of Phoebe...not an outfit I'd wear if I had scars to hide...just sayin'...
    yeah I've actually been meaning to mention that Phoebe had plans to wear a spaghetti strap black dress to cotillion - again, not a dress I would wear if I was a cutter. Cutters tend to want to hide their scars - not show them off.

True... but timewise that's at Villiers (the boarding school in Ireland) and the photo would be 7th grade or so (and I am pretty sure she was pulled out and went to her mothers school for 8th grade, the year before they came to the US). So it may pre-date alleged cutting problems (which as of now there is no evidence of, just accusations from bully supporters in SH).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast