725 users online (119 members and 606 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

yup......more brilliance from the home state of phillip garrido and john garner and the released 17,000 sex offenders.

Police in the San Bernardino County town says 39-year-old Jason Olivas was arrested on Tuesday after receiving a call that the girl had been molested.

A family member tells CBS that Olivas was a friend of the girl's mother.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14936159

They slapped a GPS monitor on sex offender Jason Olivas to keep track of him and keep people safe. But did it work? Ask Fontana Police who just arrested him for allegedly molesting an 11-year-old girl more than 50 miles from where he lived.

Annette Lira believes Jason Olivas knows how to work the system.

"Sex offenders who want to repeat have a way of working the system. Because they know they can say they are transients and they are not monitored as closely," said Lira.

Olivas, on parole for serving time on a drug conviction, is also a registered sex offender was arrested Tuesday by Fontana Police.

What alarmed Lira and her family is that Olivas, a friend of the victim's mother was a transient and was wearing an ankle monitoring device.

"And if he's being monitored, what's the point of the ankle bracelet if he's leaving the county. We don't know him from Joe Blow and know that he's a sex offender," Lira said.

Jason Olivas' parole officer said he couldn't discuss the case.
    "They just kept trying to tell me, well he's a transient. There isn't so much we could do. And I'm like, I just don't understand what the point is about wearing a monitor. But what do they look at...just to see the little picture beeping?" she said. "Look at the poor two teenagers in San Diego. They lost their lives because somebody wasn't monitoring a sex offender."

http://cbs2.com/local/Sex.Offender.GPS.2.1649223.html

Something's very very wrong here!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

and this is why they should never be let out in the first place.

this is why jaycee spent 18 years in hell and amber and chelsea are dead.

cause the system failed.....they let these monsters out to reak havoc on children and others.

Oh, I hope our police chief pays attention to this. He's the former police chief of Fontana, CA. Surely he keeps up with his buddies.

As we've seen, ankle bracelets rarely keep criminals in line. They work for the few honest and repentant criminals and that's it. Poor child.

The way I see it there should never be a reason for an ankle monitor - if you are so bad that someone needs to keep track of your whereabouts and so dangerous to society that someone needs to keep track of your whereabouts, there's a place called jail or prison that will do that job just fine.

Putting ankle braclets on RSOs is like admitting that they are dangerous but releasing them among us. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    The way I see it there should never be a reason for an ankle monitor - if you are so bad that someone needs to keep track of your whereabouts and so dangerous to society that someone needs to keep track of your whereabouts, there's a place called jail or prison that will do that job just fine.

Putting ankle braclets on RSOs is like admitting that they are dangerous but releasing them among us. It's just wrong on so many levels.
    Simply clicking the "Thanks" button isn't enough - AMEN. Sex offenders take away people's freedoms in ways they don't deserve, so to allow them to have the freedom to wander the world with just a stupid bracelet on is stupid IMO!

This makes my head hurt.

Now what?

Oh and his PO can't discuss the case.

Just to throw this out there for something to chew on--I'm trying to get an ankle bracelet. Don't laugh. I wander when I have seizures and have had the rescue team out twice hunting my sorry bunnies for hours when I was only a few hundred feet from the house cavorting with the raccoons under the bushes. As much as I adore dogs, don't get me started on the ability of scent dogs to locate someone. They never find me!!

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to need a letter from the Pope (and I don't know if his signature will even fly anymore) as ankle bracelets must be ordered by the court. A person cannot order one. One would think with all the kids with spectrum disorder and all the elders with Alzheimers, this would be readily available. It is not.

So, I have a great idea. Let's take the ankle bracelets off the criminals, put them in jail where they need to be, and repurpose those anklets for the medically needy. See, it's logical and it saves money.

I don't even mind if mine is pink.

I posted this thread 4/15 Ankle Monitors Don't Work

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101647"]Ankle Monitors That Don't Work - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

under Crimes In The News, because it is a crime to give the public a false sense of security when the 'monitors' aren't monitored!

There is an article that is linked in the thread that prompted the topic.