Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Does My Account Have Insufficient Privileges?

I was wondering why I had limited access also. Love this site!

Hi tweezybird :-)

You do need a certain amount of posts before all limitations are lifted. I think its 50. Keep posting! Not much farther to go. Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us.

Ima
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

Hello all. I understand that I don't have full access until I have a certain amount of posts - that being said, could someone kindly send me a link to the "America's Unknown Child" thread? I've completely lost it (could have sworn I bookmarked it, but apparently...no), and I can't use the search function yet. I'd really appreciate it, because I don't want to randomly spam the place out just for the sake of getting access to search!

Thanks in advance for any help, because I'm starting to think I made the thread up in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
    Hello all. I understand that I don't have full access until I have a certain amount of posts - that being said, could someone kindly send me a link to the "America's Unknown Child" thread? I've completely lost it (could have sworn I bookmarked it, but apparently...no), and I can't use the search function yet. I'd really appreciate it, because I don't want to randomly spam the place out just for the sake of getting access to search!

Thanks in advance for any help, because I'm starting to think I made the thread up in my dreams.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...+Unknown+Child

Here you go!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up thanks much

for the smile and the tip

There's No rules for getting banned to many times I hope cause i think i might hold the websleuths record for being banned LoL . But It;s never for being a smart ass just to start a argument I guess its more like i get to involved over my own oppinion anyway keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen ...
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CanManEh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsWeatherwax View Post

If you go to the games thread & play a game, you can quickly get your 50 needed posts without spamming the place. LOL!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

posting in hopes of a search bar,lol...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to itsashame For This Useful Post:

So I can't search, I noticed someone else mentioned that, too. I wonder why the search would not be available to newbies. I'm looking for information, and it's kind of frustrating. I'm getting used to the set up here, the rest of y'all are likely so used to it, maybe you don't realize it's a maze!

I'll keep poking around, and thanks for the advice to go to games forum.
    The new websleuths web cast was talking about Ron Cummings so I wanted to check out
    the threads on that case, I don't see how to get to old threads. I don't know, I'm not totally stupid on computers, I'm usually ok with finding things on my own, but it seems hard here

Thanks.

Boomz

14. The Following User Says Thank You to boomz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boomz View Post
    So I can't search, I noticed someone else mentioned that, too. I wonder why the search would not be available to newbies. I'm looking for information, and it's kind of frustrating. I'm getting used to the set up here, the rest of y'all are likely so used to it, maybe you don't realize it's a maze!

I'll keep poking around, and thanks for the advice to go to games forum.
    The new websleuths web cast was talking about Ron Cummings so I wanted to check out
    the threads on that case, I don't see how to get to old threads. I don't know, I'm not totally stupid on computers, I'm usually ok with finding things on my own, but it seems hard here

Thanks.

Boomz
    Here is one of the Ron Cummings threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176846"]2012.06.23 - Has Ron Cummings been RELEASED from JAIL? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I see you are moving from The Phillipines to South Dakota; here in West River we have trees and it isn't such flat land.

Welcome to Websleuths and soon to South Dakota.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get home to the US, and SD will be new to me, but it looks beautiful. Also being there with the love of my life will help any place bump up a few points.

Checking the Cummings link now, thanks again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to boomz For This Useful Post:

Do I need 50 posts before I can use the search function? Looking for a few UID cases - a possibly cognitively-delayed girl from (I believe) Wisconsin, and this woman http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html

Thanks!

Thank you.

Glad I found this page, I couldn't figure out why certain functions were not working and thought it must be my computer/OS - even e-mailed the administrator, to be sure! I am certainly enjoying reading the threads here, such a vast amount of information and expertise.

I really wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought I'd try here and see how I go.

I wanted to start a new thread, but as I haven't met the right amount of posts I'm hoping someone can do it for me.

There's a missing person around my area, and I haven't found a thread here. There also doesn't seem to be much media attention, so I though it was best to get people's attention on here (even though I know most of you aren't from Australia).

The following link should contain most of the information.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...-1226435961066

Please feel free to move this somewhere else, I just wanted to get the word out.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Ugh

I'm having the same problem. So where am I supposed to make these 50 posts. How stupid!

I am wanting to post about a local young mother missing, but don't have privileges either...I really want to get the word out about her, so am wondering if I'm going to have to post 50 times?

I also want to say thanks for explaining this. I tried to read all the rules and info but hadn't seen this one. (and Canada does rule hockey!)

Question New, and need the search function also?

I got here by way of a NamUS case but can't find threads about that case specifically without the search function.

I don't really have the time to browse indefinitely to look for it... or to make 50 random posts just to rack 'em up?

Glad to hear it's just a technical glitch... I'll be back, too!

Have a great day, y'all!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to hmmaybe For This Useful Post:

Oh... btw... @Crackermoo: Love the manatee!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hmmaybe For This Useful Post:

I think thirty seconds between posts when you type 90wpm is really quite a hang up.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Thank you for posting this thread> I thought I just had a bargain basement membership, it was free. Good to know I will be able to search etc. some day!

So we must put up with the time-consuming bombasticity of 50 posts before we can search what we're actually here for?

Why the mandatory irrelevancy?

Ok, I seem to be able to search now, but I don't see options to refine search and inserting "" or the word AND don't work. So, for example, I'd like to find anything written about MP Louise Marie Sanders (Seattle) but I get 10,000,000,000 returns and none of them on her, as far as I can see at a glance

Interesting

Thanks for the info.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast