1164 users online (209 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm no mod but I think you may need to have a minimum number of posts in order to enjoy some privileges and features here. So if you try and start a thread and you are informed you are not authorized to do so, take heart, once you've reached that minimum of posts you will.

In general terms, members who want to start a thread should first do a search to see if that case has one already by searching for the victim name, or other details specific to that case. If no thread already exists then pick the sub forum you feel it should go in. Such as crimes in the news or cold cases or unidentified, etc.

I always try to start the title of my thread with the initials for the state the crime occurred in followed by victim name (as long as they are not a minor victim of sexual abuse or assault) and a brief synopsis of the crime or circumstance.

While you are titling your thread a pop up may appear showing other cases that seem similar. You will be asked to double check to make sure the thread you are starting is not related to those similar sounding ones.

Each sub forum has a "start new thread" button located at the upper left hand side of that sub forum.

Hope that is helpful and to Websleuths aajn83
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

When I tried to do a search in the cold case section, a box popped up saying I did not have permission to access that page...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarnie4451 View Post
    When I tried to do a search in the cold case section, a box popped up saying I did not have permission to access that page...why?
    Members need to post for awhile before the search feature starts operating. This is because the search feature draws a lot of "juice" and our server is already prone to being slow at times, so it's now a feature for our established members.

Please contact me privately if you need additional help.

Thank you

Copyright Rule

Please review the copyright rule here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Please only copy no more than 10% of an article and do not forget the link!
    Posts that copy more than that will be edited and posts with no link will be removed entirely.
    Please, please follow this rule.

If you copy an image or picture from another site, please provide a link to the original source or the picture will be removed.

Be courteous to the work of others.
    Thank you.

Thanks.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Tanna Togstad & Timothy Mumbrue

Since I can't search yet, can someone direct me to the 1992 cold case thread with link for Tanna Togstad & Timothy Mumbrue of Waupaca County, WI?

TIA

When opening new threads, please use this format:

state/country prefix from the drop down menu + title (state/country prefix - name, age, city or county, date).

Any extraneous descriptors should be brief, one or two words, and tagged on at the end. This format is important because it aids in searching by name and location.

Ex: NY NY - Jane Smith, 20, Yonkers, 1 January 1970

Thanks,

Bessie
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2