IA - Infant Chokes On Bag Of Pot In Ambulance Parents Charged

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Paramedics were transporting 18 year old Amanda Mallit after she was assaulted by another person. Mallit is pregnant.

While in the ambulance Mallit's 7 month old infant began to choke. Paramedics found a bag of marijuana in the baby's mouth. 18 year old father Horace Phillip was arrested for posession. Malitt was arrested for child endangerment and interference with law.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-marijiuana-choking-baby-04242010,0,6706507.story

O.K. so how'd that weed get in the infant's mouth?

why would they hide it in the BABY? why was it so much more important to them that they'd risk a baby in any way rather then just toss the stuff?

eta or jeez, leave it at home maybe?

I hope the 7 month old and the baby in her belly are taken away by CPS

i hope the parents change thier ways and get help and reform .. it can happen ppl can change a drug addict can do the most incredibly stupid and dangerous things .. once they get help tho they can live productive lives and be excellent parents however until these people are clean for a few years i do hope the kids are placed elsewhere .. i cant believe tho that the baby had in the mouth and was choking omg :(

That is just ridiculous. Pot addiction is not that strong. That was not to protect an addiction, that was the parents trying to protect themselves, plain and simple. There is a cure for addiction, but I fear there is no cure for selfishness.

That is just ridiculous. Pot addiction is not that strong. That was not to protect an addiction, that was the parents trying to protect themselves, plain and simple. There is a cure for addiction, but I fear there is no cure for selfishness.
and telling me my opinion is ridiculous is kinda rude .. my brother was an addict so i do know something about addiction .. addiction depends on the person and how they handle it.. yeah they were trying to protect themselves that is what addicts do .. so it doesnt suprise me .. it sickens me oh and my brother made a full recovery and still has his children .. so it can happen

OK soooo I think I've seen it all now !

A couple of idiots, if the amount of pot was able to fit in the babys mouth what were they really looking at ? A fine at most ! That is not much "weed".

So now they also have an endagerment charge... I am happy the baby is ok I hope CPS takes a look here....

i hope cps takes them away too .. make no mistake in what im saying in my above post .. at this time the kids should be with ppl that arnt doing drugs .. pot is a drug anyway you slice it and you get addicted to it .. all i meant in my above post was simply that the parents CAN get help and change but the kids shouldnt be with them until this is the case and they are off drugs and monitered for quite a few years guess i shouldve been more clear with my feelings on that

Why us everyone so sure the baby didn't pick it up and put it in his own mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking a child away from parents who smoke pot is ridiculous. That's like saying you'd take a child away from a parent because they drink wine. Just because you don't like it doesn't make them bad parents.

Good question, I guess I did not think of it ! :crazy: 7 months old they are totally capable of putting it in their mouth...I wonder if the baby was in a carseat ?
I can't imagine it wouldnt be....

Taking a child away from parents who smoke pot is ridiculous. That's like saying you'd take a child away from a parent because they drink wine. Just because you don't like it doesn't make them bad parents.

Give me a break.
Pot isn't legal, and wine is.

I'm pro marijuana and I couldn't agree more that smoking pot doesn't make you a bad parent. However, leaving drugs whether it's pot, alcohol, or even vitamins where a child can get them does make you a bad parent and hiding them on your baby(which seems to be the case here?) makes you an even worse parent. Even if you take out the drug factor completely you should be smart enough to know that plastic bags and babies don't mix.

even so I would like to think I would keep my marijuana out of the reach of a 7 months old much as I would keep pot (uh, haha) handles on the stove turned towards the rear, coffee and tea cups out of reach, a pool securely covered, and marbles off the floor.

Kitty Kat said:
I'm pro marijuana and I couldn't agree more that smoking pot doesn't make you a bad parent. However, leaving drugs whether it's pot, alcohol, or even vitamins where a child can get them does make you a bad parent and hiding them on your baby(which seems to be the case here?) makes you an even worse parent. Even if you take out the drug factor completely you should be smart enough to know that plastic bags and babies don't mix.
I'll agree with that. Leaving ANYTHING harmful around is irresponsible.

jjenny said:
Give me a break.
Pot isn't legal, and wine is.
Whole other topic but... There is no good reason for pot to be illegal... and I'm not even a smoker. It's been proven that alcohol is more harmful than pot.

Even though the article is vague, the charges infer that the infant was not complicit in regards to the illicit drugs. As many have already aptly stated here, the charges suffice as just cause for removing the child from the "home."

Good question, I guess I did not think of it ! :crazy: 7 months old they are totally capable of putting it in their mouth...I wonder if the baby was in a carseat ?
I can't imagine it wouldnt be....
ya that very well could,ve happened i didnt think of that and here i have a 2 year old lol.. as far as ppl that smoke weed i have nothing against them..as long as it is away from their kids..just like cigs should be away from kids too.(for health reasons).however with cigs they are legal and wont get you thrown in the slammer thus whos gonna be there to take care of your kids kwim? ..but for some people it rules thier lives other people can smoke a bit after work and relax and that is it .. it depends on the person and how they can handle it ..but its still an addiction just like cigs are and dew and everything else we cannot go a day without lol when my brother started smoking it to the point where his kids would go without their food that was it for me and his wife was worse than him (they are now divorced) she is still an addict ..as for him he went to rehab and recovered .and i really hope this will happen with the parents

and telling me my opinion is ridiculous is kinda rude .. my brother was an addict so i do know something about addiction .. addiction depends on the person and how they handle it.. yeah they were trying to protect themselves that is what addicts do .. so it doesnt suprise me .. it sickens me oh and my brother made a full recovery and still has his children .. so it can happen

Zadari - I meant that the story was just ridiculous, as in the whole situation. Not your opinion. I'm very sorry if you took it that way, but please notice that I in no way quoted you or directed my statement at you.

Zadari - I meant that the story was just ridiculous, as in the whole situation. Not your opinion. I'm very sorry if you took it that way, but please notice that I in no way quoted you or directed my statement at you.
oh im sorry i got grumpy :( i thought you meant me .. im just not having the best day anyway today im sorry i took it out on you :(:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back