4/26/2010-JH Court Appearance

His next court appearance is set for April 26.

Does this have to do with the *advertiser censored* charges or the kidnapping, sexual battery and murder of Somer?

ETA
Never mind. I was told it was a status hearing on the cases against JH.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23263346/detail.html

Snipped:

Harrell To Appear In Court On Somer Charges

ORLANDO, Fla. --
The man accused of kidnapping and killing a local girl will appear in court Monday morning.

Jarred Harrell, 24, plead not guilty to murder and sexual assault charges in connection with the death of Somer Thompson

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/04/accused-child-killer-in-court.html

Local News

Accused Child Killer In Court Monday
By Adam Kirk - Morning News Producer @ April 26, 2010 5:57 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
The man accused of killing 7-year-old Somer Thompson is going before a judge today for a pretrial hearing.
Jarred Harrell faces murder and child *advertiser censored* charges. Police say Harrell lured the girl into a home as she was walking home from her Orange Park school last year. Her body was found a few days later in a Georgia landfill.

Hearing passed on till Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. according to First Coast News.

Snipped from Link in Noways post above:

Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, was there this morning and told the media she planned to attend Harrell's hearings throughout the legal process for her daughter.

Thompson said she wants Harrell to know that she's "not going away but he is." She has not seen him face-to-face.

:clap::clap::clap:

Just a reminder: JH is set to be in court this afternoon at 1:15.

ETA: I'm praying for Somer's family. According to the last report, DT has not seen JH face to face yet, and I feel that may happen today.
The feelings she will have will be almost unbearable IMO.

Anxiously awaiting any news from the court house today.

if i was him i'd be praying the metal detectors at the courthouse are working.

if i was him i'd be praying the metal detectors at the courthouse are working.

I agree.

No news yet that I can find. I think he had a 1:15 court time, so it's been about an hour. I hope to hear something soon.

I'm chomping at the bit.

i really hadnt seen much on sommers case till i saw the 20/20 episode a couple of weeks ago. the end where her sister and twin brother sing 'you are my sunshine' had me in tears. yeah me, mr grumpy.

is the dp on the table for this creep?

I'm not sure. I think I heard the DP could be sought, but I do not know if it has been formally sought yet.
Someone else may be able to help you with that question.

ETA: This case has consumed me and many others from the first night Somer went missing. There were so many twists and turns. There were those in the public who thought the mother killed her, she got death threats, ...anyway, you should read back on it. It is a fasinating case. I am so glad they seem to have caught the monster who did this. Now, just trying to wait for justice.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=155361&catid=3

Diena Thompson in Court for Jarred Harrell Hearing in Green Cove Springs

snipped:

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- The mother of the 7-year-old girl who was murdered last fall was in the same room as the accused killer today for the first time.

Diena Thompson was in the courtroom as Jarred Harrell stood before the judge in the Somer Thompson murder trial.

Harrell was arrested in Mississippi on child *advertiser censored* charges in February and extradited to Clay County a week later to stand trial on those charges.

At the time of the arrest, Sheriff Rick Beseler said Harrell was a person of interest in the Somer Thompson murder.

In March, he was formally charged with murder.

Diena Thompson has been very vocal since her daughter's death, calling her killer a "monster."

She said she would attend every court hearing, and was present today as Harrell's defense attorney presented three motions to the court.

The first was a motion to preserve evidence. The defense said there is a recording of the extradition process, but believes there may have been text messages as well.

The second motion was to preserve officers' notes, also from the extradition. The defense argued that the reports were written well after the extradition, and the notes could have more information.

The third motion was for a protective order.

Judge John H. Skinner denied all three.

***more at link***

Diena Thompson in Court for Jarred Harrell Hearing in Green Cove Springs
Created: 4/28/2010 2:24:00 PM Updated: 4/28/2010 2:24:00 PM

The mother of the 7-year-old girl who was murdered last fall was in the same room as the accused killer today for the first time.

Diena Thompson was in the courtroom as Jarred Harrell stood before the judge in the Somer Thompson murder trial.

snip

The first was a motion to preserve evidence. The defense said there is a recording of the extradition process, but believes there may have been text messages as well.

The second motion was to preserve officers' notes, also from the extradition. The defense argued that the reports were written well after the extradition, and the notes could have more information.

The third motion was for a protective order.

Judge John H. Skinner denied all three.

Diena Thompson, who was in tears throughout the session, didn't say anything during the hearing, but afterward she described her feelings.

"Hard," she said, "to keep myself in the seat and not want to say something to him. And, just, he's so much of a coward that he can't even turn around and look at the mother of the child that he murdered, and I hope that the whole trial goes as well as today went."

Harrell will be in court again for another pretrial hearing May 20.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=155361&catid=3

Harrell will be in court again for another pretrial hearing May 20.

So, the judge denied all three motions.
Looks like the info from the extradition may become public knowledge soon IMO.

I wonder if they will post pictures from the court room or outside the court house.
I'd like to know who went with DT to court today.
Also, I'd like to know if anyone was there in support of JH.

There is that one picture of JH on the article linked above, but I have no clue if that's a new picture or one from a prior court appearance. Stripes are stripes KWIM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back