GUILTY NJ - Brittney Gregory, 16, Brick Township, 11 July 2004

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
Authorities continued to search a marshy, wooded area Wednesday for a missing teenager who is feared dead.

Brittney Gregory has been not been seen since July 11.

Jack Fuller, 38, of Howell Township, is charged with her murder. He has a history of drug and theft-related arrests, twice being sentenced to five-year prison terms in Ocean and Monmouth counties. He was most recently released from prison in April 2003.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...jul21,0,922312.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire

I have been trying to find news about this case. This poor girl, there are so many animals out there. How do people have such little thought about human life that they think they have the right to do what ever they want to a innocent human and then just kill them and dispose of them like garbage. These idiots should come with a neon light on their forehead so these innocent people can stay far away from them. This just makes me so mad. I just wish there was a way to keep people safe from all the thoughtless (cannot type word that I want to use, please use your imagination) in this world. It makes me so sad and angry!! :furious:

I saw Brittney's mother on TV yesterday. She was pitiful. This girl was absolutely beautiful and looked like a perfect daughter. I hope they find her soon.

This is such a sad story Doyle. I pray that they find her.

Just 16 years old.........not even grown up yet!
xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo
mama

BirdieBoo said:
The article does not say he was the father of her best friend. It says they don't know how she met him? Could you clarify please?

Sorry, but I do not have a link. It is all over the news here in NJ. Let me do some searching. Apparently he gave her a ride and there is a rumour that someone saw him pick her up.

LaCoruna17 said:
Sorry, but I do not have a link. It is all over the news here in NJ. Let me do some searching. Apparently he gave her a ride and there is a rumour that someone saw him pick her up.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040720/ap_on_re_us/missing_girl_1

This link has more information.

TOMS RIVER, N.J. - A neighbor of the man accused of murdering a teen girl rode with the two of them in a car the night she was last seen, according to a published report.

"I was the last one to see them together," Tom Long told The New York Times in Tuesday's newspapers. "She didn't seem scared. Long, 39, of Howell Township, is a longtime friend of Jack Fuller, who appeared in court Monday, charged with the murder of 16-year-old Brittney Gregory.

Long said the three of them were together July 11, when Fuller gave him a lift home. He said Gregory was speaking with the man now accused of killing her.

"She wouldn't talk to me; it was like she didn't know me and she didn't want to know me," Long said. The newspaper said he would not provide more details, but that Long said he was cooperating with the investigation.

There seem to be conflicting reports on how Brittney knew this man. This is a quote from the same article:

Fuller has a history of drug and theft-related arrests, twice being sentenced to five-year prison terms in Ocean and Monmouth counties. He was most recently released from prison in April 2003.

Gregory family members said they knew Fuller because Brittney's sister, BobbiJoe, was a friend of Fuller's daughter, Cassandra.

OK Thanks. I was wondering if she had asked him for a ride, because she asked her mother for a ride to the boyfriend's house, and her mother told her to wait.

There must have been a lot of her blood found somewhere (maybe in his vehicle), for them to arrest him without her body.

BirdieBoo said:
OK Thanks. I was wondering if she had asked him for a ride, because she asked her mother for a ride to the boyfriend's house, and her mother told her to wait.
What a thing for the mom to have to live with. She'll be unjustly beating herself up forever.

I just saw a report on Fox about this case. Why do they think she has been murdered? There is no body yet. Yes, I know she has been gone for a long time, but.....? This is odd, imo.:confused:

IdahoMom said:
I just saw a report on Fox about this case. Why do they think she has been murdered? There is no body yet. Yes, I know she has been gone for a long time, but.....? This is odd, imo.:confused:
She was last seen in Fuller's car and he was NOT her boyfriend. She'd had a fight with her boyfriend that day and this guy offered to drive her to buy her new clothes... I got my info off of Google News FYI

Thanks. I didn't do a Google search, but the 2 articles I referenced (and Geraldo), left that bit out.

This is a very sad story, and it sounds like Brittney had a sad, dysfunctional, short life. Heartbreaking. Such a waste!

Hi All -

I don't know why authorities think Brittney is dead. I've never heard any reason (even wild speculation) as to how they came to that conclusion. I live about an hour from where this happened and here is an article from today's local paper on it:

BRICK TOWNSHIP - Authorities plan to resume their search today for an Ocean County teen they believe has been murdered.

Brittney Gregory, 16, of Brick Township, was last heard from on July 11 when she called her mother from her father's house and said she wanted a ride to her boyfriend's home.

Her mother told her that if she waited for about 45 minutes, her sister would give her a ride, but Brittney - a straight-A student who wanted to become a forensic scientist - did not answer the phone later that night.

Investigators have been looking for Gregory's body since July 18 in an area where the communities of Brick, Lakewood, and Howell converge. They will not say why they believe she was murdered; nor have they said why they are searching the wooded area, which is spotted with marshland and streams.

The search was called off for most of the weekend due to poor weather, and authorities fear recent rains may have destroyed footprints and washed away any odors or evidence.

Jack Fuller, 38, of Howell Township, a friend of Gregory's father, has been charged with her murder. Fuller, who has a history of drug- and theft-related arrests and was released from prison in April 2003, is being held on $1 million bail.

Meanwhile, friends and family planned to gather for a vigil Sunday night at the home of Brittney's father, with whom she lived. Participants expected to then walk to Brick Township Memorial High School, where Brittney was to start her junior year.

I was watching Geraldo last night or the night before and they were talking to her mom. She expressed the local police did not take her serious in searching for her daughter. They simply blew her off thinking she was a run away. It wasn't until the mother contacted State Police that a search got underway.

What I want to know (as a mother of a teenager) is the LE believe my child is dead, why not express these reasons with the family. The mother hasn't even been told why they think this. Just that they are 99.9 % postive that this girl has expired.

Has anyone heard anything else. This case doesn't seem to get the press other cases are getting. Poor girl!

http://nydailynews.com/news/story/214185p-184456c.html

Fear friend's dad hacked Jersey girl

'We want to find her, but we don't,' says teen's agonized family

BY NANCY DILLON in Howell, N.J.,
and BILL HUTCHINSON in New York
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Murder victim Brittney Gregory (l.) and a friend are all smiles at a school dance in early June.

Brittney Gregory and her boyfriend, John Fitzgerald, made these fun pictures at a photo booth at the Jersey Shore on June 30.

Authorities believe a missing New Jersey girl was hacked to death with a machete by her best friend's father, a source close to the grieving family said yesterday.
As cops and volunteers continued to search the woods near Howell for the body of 16-year-old Brittney Gregory, chilling details of how the honor student was believed killed began to emerge.

Cops have told Brittney's relatives there is no hope of finding her alive, and the investigation has led them to believe suspect Jack Fuller, 38, of Howell, killed her with a machete, a family source said.

"They [police] said there's no hope she's alive. It's awful. They think it was brutal," said the source. "She would have been one to fight."

Police also have asked the family for one of Brittney's hairbrushes, likely for DNA testing, the source said.

Fuller - the father of Brittney's best friend, Cassie Fuller, 21 - has refused to cooperate with police. The suspect, who is being held on $1 million bail, has been charged with murder.

As the search for Brittney entered its ninth day, the agonizing wait was taking its toll on her family.

"When it rains, you worry about her lying in the rain. When it's hot, you worry about her lying in the sun. It's just heart-wrenching," said Brittney's aunt, Susan Wood, 36.

"We want to find her, but we don't."

Brittney's father, Joe Dunn, who filed a missing-person report about his daughter July 12, is so distraught he can barely speak, said his girlfriend, Susan Peterson.

"Her father is so destroyed," Peterson said. "I don't know if he'll ever recover from this. It's like a horror film."

A friend of Jack Fuller, Tom Long, has told police he saw Brittney riding in the suspect's car on the day she vanished, a source said.

Torment for beau who left Britt alone

The boyfriend of a missing New Jersey teen said yesterday he's being ripped apart by guilt because he believes he could have saved her life simply by taking her to the beach.

John Fitzgerald told the Daily News that on the day 16-year-old Brittney Gregory vanished she asked whether she could go with him to Point Pleasant Beach and he said no.

John, 17, of Brick, N.J., said he had to leave Brittney behind because there wasn't enough room in his friend's truck.

"We kind of had a little argument," said John, who had been dating Brittney for 16 months and planned to marry her once she turned 18.

"I said I wanted to hang out with my friend and I'd see her later," he said. "I definitely could have prevented this if I was with her instead. Believe me, it hurts."

Police believe Jack Fuller, 38, the father of Brittney's best friend, killed her July 11 - the day John went to the beach without her, sources said.

As he looked at snapshots he and Brittney took June 30 in a photo booth at Point Pleasant Beach, John could only shake his head and wonder what if. "She was my first and only love," he said.

Nancy

http://www.injersey.com/app/story/0,21625,1009942,00.html

They still have not found her body. Notice how they did not find any blood in his car.

He was arrested because:

According to law enforcement sources, an informant said Fuller had consulted him on his concerns that he did not bury the girl deep enough after he killed her. The informant used a wire and recorded a conversation which later became part of the basis for Fuller's arrest on Sunday, a week after Brittney disappeared.

Thanks for the post Anngelique.

How sad! I really hope they find her. I feel for her poor family and boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back