1084 users online (209 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ID - Bonneville Co., Skeletal remains in shallow grave, Apr'10 - Stephanie Eldredge

It would be good for her family if she has been found, its so sad. But I hope if its not her other families would get closure as well. Stephanie Eldredge just vanished while inside her home leaving her baby there all alone and Amber Hoopes 20yo also vanished from her home as well.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

It is certainly within the distance he could have driven that night...

Quote Originally Posted by nitasch View Post
    It is certainly within the distance he could have driven that night...
    Thanx Nitasch, I was wondering about that.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

This discussion went on in the general discussion thread. According to this post it is 3.5 hours from SLC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Susan Powell General Discussion Thread # 7
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 06-12-2017 at 03:37 AM. Reason: broken link

It would be about a 3 1/2 hour drive...not sure if it was snowing up in Idaho that night or not.....that could have added a little time to the trip. But either way, definitely fits in the time frame he was away.

Hopefully, whoever it is, this discovery will bring closure to a family of a missing loved one.

Local news states LE does not think its Susan.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...an-Powell.html
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    This discussion went on in the general discussion thread. According to this post it is 3.5 hours from SLC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Susan Powell General Discussion Thread # 7
    Thanx Ruby I posted over there, thanx.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Well I always wondered about Idaho because of statements made from a few people who talked about them camping up there, I'll go back and see if I can find the name of the place Seemed like it had the word rock in it IIRC .
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Local news states LE does not think its Susan.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...an-Powell.html
    Thanks for the link. If they think it is a missing person from 3 years ago, IMO it would not be badly decomposed, it would be a skeleton for crying out loud...

IMO If Susan was found about now her body would be badly decomposing, her body would have been frozen for months and would have recently started decomp from spring... I am sorry to be so graphic. Moo of course

ETA: This article states skeletal remains, so perhaps it isn't Susan, they shouldn't write badly decomposed if it is a skeleton, that kinda stuff just drives me nuts

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10536695
    Last edited by mysticrose; 04-26-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Powell investigators contact Idaho officials about remains found near Idaho Falls
    Staff and Wire reports

Updated: 04/26/2010 10:51:35 AM MDT

SNIP______________________________________________ ____________________

We're just in contact with them, letting them know about our case," McLachlan said of West Valley City police's communication with Idaho authorities.

Grimes says the Idaho State Police Crime Lab will try to make an identification of the remains in a process that will take at least two weeks and possibly two months.

Grimes tells the Post Register that police are fairly sure the remains are of a female, but not certain. He says suspicious evidence at the scene prompted the investigation, but suicide can't be ruled out

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14957199
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    We're just in contact with them, letting them know about our case," McLachlan said of West Valley City police's communication with Idaho authorities.

Grimes says the Idaho State Police Crime Lab will try to make an identification of the remains in a process that will take at least two weeks and possibly two months.
    Hmm, Ralph Powell will be making that determination?

Interview with West Valley PD and Idaho Falls PD re human remains

Examiner.com articles:

Sunday:

Could human remains found in Idaho, believed to be a woman, be those of Susan Cox Powell?

April 25, 2010 - Human remains believed to be those of a woman were found in Idaho Friday and have been taken in for testing. It could take two weeks to two months for the remains to be identified... click here for article.

Monday:

West Valley & Idaho Falls Police says remains found in Idaho not likely those of Susan Cox Powell

April 26, 2010 - Examiner.com reported Sunday that skeletal remains found in Idaho Friday were not likely those of Susan Cox Powell, based upon the condition of the remains. Examiner.com contacted both West Valley City Police and Idaho Falls Police Monday for their assessments of the remains found ... click here for article

I know the area well they found the body in Josh would have almost had to been there before to get there and the body was not hidden, he would have passed millions of spots better then this to dump a body.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Apparently there are 2 other missing cases in Idaho.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast