Exactly WHAT about Phoebe could set them "free?"

stmarysmead

Reaction score
I have tried to think what exactly might be said about Phoebe...that could somehow shift the blame from the actions of the defendants onto her.

I suppose the line of thinking is that she was unstable BEFORE the harrassment began..therefore their alleged cruelty was inconsequential. However, if a group of thugs make a habit of shoving people to the street day after day...and one day they choose a heart patient who subsequently dies...oops...that's a crime.

Likewise, if a drunk driver crosses the highway and kills another motorist...the fact that the other motorist was a "cutter", or "depressed"...hardly mitigates the actions of the drunk who crossed the line.

If these kids harrassed her in the fashion that has been alleged...they "crossed a line" too.

Furthermore, if it is proven this intense bullying occured and these Bullies go unpunished because of some flaw or "secret" about Phoebe...we might as well establish a "Register of Legal Targets to Torment for Sport" in our public schools...because it will be open season if we condone this type of torment toward any child.

In other words, if any "fault" of Phoebe's is used to free these kids from guilt...any kid with that "fault" can be tormented at will...right?

But what do you think?

What can they say about Phoebe that makes their relentless campaign of cruelty...just an okay-fun-day-at-school that nobody should be upset about?

imho alot more is going to hinge more on how good the witnesses are. how much first hand information they have rather than hearsay, and whether they will still be willing to testify in an open public forum about what happened as they did in private with the da and police. i think the trials are going to be a real minefield for all concerned. the defense attorneys will not be able to use aggressive crossx techniques at the risk of looking like they are bullying the witnesses. and the prosecution will hopefully still have all the witnesses on board at trial. at trial the witnesses are going to have the accused sitting in attendance as they testify. it's going to be a very emotional experience for everyone. I think all of that is going to make more of a difference than any personal details about phoebe. also where's the jury pool coming from and who's on it? that's another huge factor imho

they could try what my mom use to say to me. its all in your head, you have a persecution complex.

Hearsay is like the 1st Amendment... not absolute and subject to exceptions. I wouldn't worry too much about testimony - public vs private - because the risk of going to jail for perjury will rest heavy on their feeble little minds. The defense attorneys will have no choice but to go heavy handed; they have to vigorously defend their clients and the only possibility of making points and gaining headway towards an aquittal will be to rattle witnesses against their clients.

just my 2 cents worth.

There were plenty of witnesses. Nothing could "set them free", they just have to be found guilty of what they did, because they did it.

It's the extent of what their punishment that is the variable.

Even if she was a gothic emo cutter, that doesn't give any one else the right to engage in harassment.

The only thing I can think which is now coming out but I don't know to believe it to be true is that Phoebe had attempted suicide several times before. But that still doesn't make it right? NO! F that mess!

The only thing I can think which is now coming out but I don't know to believe it to be true is that Phoebe had attempted suicide several times before. But that still doesn't make it right? NO! F that mess!

If you mean the crap some idiot named "danny bloom" is spamming all over the internet, do not believe it. I've read his scribblings - some of which were put into the spam bucket on my blog - and what he presents as "truth" is just him vying for attention.

If you mean the crap some idiot named "danny bloom" is spamming all over the internet, do not believe it. I've read his scribblings - some of which were put into the spam bucket on my blog - and what he presents as "truth" is just him vying for attention.

OH SK I'm so Fing angry right now I could bring the hell fires down right now. So angry.

Idiots

IMO, nothing. Nothing Phoebe could do or be would give anyone, any right to harass, assault, stalk, or have sex with a minor. NOTHING.

LEt's hope not or I feel I will write a letter too. I'm so angry at this person who is claiming everywhere to have inside info on Phoebe yet won't name sources.

I don't know if it would "set them free" but there has been, from the beginning of this in January and possibly even before Phoebe's death, a fairly strong rumor that either webcam or cell phone evidence of some type, exists of at least one boy engaged in (some degree of) sexual activity with Phoebe....possibly even just pictures taken with a cell phone. I've come to doubt that such exists personally but I could easily be wrong.

I believe that yesterday (May 5) was some sort of "discovery day" where the DA had to turn over evidence they have?

If I understand that correctly and video and/or images do exist perhaps we'll know soon.

Considering the Hope Witsell case, wherein her suicide was ignored at least in part (I think very LARGE part) because she had sent, on 2 separate occasions, a picture of her naked breasts to some boys via cell phone :banghead: which it seemed made some people feel like she deserved whatever she got because she was a "*advertiser censored*" (knowledge of the full story reveals that she wasn't though...let alone the fact that its just *advertiser censored* and everyones got 'em), I suppose video could sink Phoebe......if she came off as a "*advertiser censored*" in the video...or maybe it wouldn't even take that.

America is really "jumpy" about sex stuff you know....totally unpredictable how many would react...surely sex is among the most frightening things to many Americans but moreso than that the righteous amongst us leap at every chance to shout "pervert" about someone because it is an opportunity to make themselves appear more Holy before the eyes of the world.

Certainly many would avail themselves of the opportunity to showcase their own (false....pretend....) righteousness by bashing the heck outta Phoebe if theres naked vids and or pics lurking around somewhere.

Only took two somewhat blurry boobpics to get America to ignore Hope Witsell. :(

According to Livelaffluv on the masslive EMTs were discussing in public what Anne Prince may have or may not have said the night Phoebe was found. They were discussing details of the scene. HMMM

According to Livelaffluv on the masslive EMTs were discussing in public what Anne Prince may have or may not have said the night Phoebe was found. They were discussing details of the scene. HMMM

Whadduup YO??? :)

I mean it literally in this instance.

To you and or SK:

'I am confused by the confusion.

Michelle has stated her belief that Phoebe brought it on herself. Michelle has further stated that she was on the Anti-Bullying Task Force. Recently its come to light that a teacher on this task force expressed a viewpoint which was, at best, ignorant. This viewpoint correlated comPLETELY with what Michelle has said all along....in attacking Phoebe for "inciting them".

So why the bewilderment on ya'lls part about which teacher on the task force made the comment?'

Why does SK act as though this is a mystery?

I wonder if they will try them as a group or as individuals. What would "set them free" IMO is pointing the finger at others. "I didn't do it. It was him. I said to stop, but she wouldn't."

Been a while since I posted. There's a real dearth of informatin right now. I've been expecting some leaks, mostly from defense lawyers trying to cause trouble. Sort of surprised we haven't seen any yet.

The lunacy on the MassLive board just gets harder and harder to read. I think once there is actual news on the case those people will get, not nicer, but probably re-oriented a bit in their bashing of each other.

Seems like a couple of them know people involved, so it will be interesting to see if they drop more information in the leadup to the trials and such.

KariKae, our society can only hope that people who engage in mob mentality crimes which lead to death will be tried individually before a jury if nothing more than to show a precedent in our US law that this behaviour will not be tolerated as anything less than an involuntary manslaughter caused by their complicity.

If our society does not enact the law today, you can envision tomorrow.

It's my opinion that at least one of them is suffering an intellectual disability but I'm not saying anything just in case they get a leg up in getting off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back