Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: OK - Joe Neff (my dad) murder 14 May 2009, #2 **Nichols sentenced to LWOP**

just got caught up with this case... sorry to hear that MMD has to spend another Christmas without any answers...

Any updated news???

TIA!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain!

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
    we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

******~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

I want to add This video Who Killed Joe Neff? It's 4029 TV's you tube.. Too bad comments are disabled.

I hope we can help figure this mystery out & give her closure.
    Has anyone heard anything about the bar camera?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Not sure if anyone saw this video.. link it's a year old & says new info was found.

Not sure if it's my place to say but Marie & her siblings lost their mom this week. We need to get Joes case solved so they can find peace.

Once again; I'm sorry for your loss Marie ~Hugs

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Smile

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

to the first page...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

Beginning to look like this crime would stay unsolved even if the guilty party went in and confessed to it.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

~bump~

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Investigators Still Work to Solve Murder after Two Years by Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation - Authorized Page on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 10:11am
    An OSBI Crime Scene Agent processed the scene for evidence while other law enforcement, including several agents, searched for Neff’s whereabouts. For several days, dozens of people scoured the area for Neff, hoping he was still alive. However, May 17th, a fisherman found Neff’s body in a strip pit approximately 30 miles from the bar near Pocola. Neff had been shot to death. Investigators believe his body had been in the water for several days.

This case is far from cold. Over the past two years, investigators have run numerous leads searching for Neff’s killer. If anyone has information about this case, please contact the OSBI at 1-800-522-8017 or the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Investigators Still Work to Solve Murder after Two Years by Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation - Authorized Page on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 10:11am
    An OSBI Crime Scene Agent processed the scene for evidence while other law enforcement, including several agents, searched for Neff’s whereabouts. For several days, dozens of people scoured the area for Neff, hoping he was still alive. However, May 17th, a fisherman found Neff’s body in a strip pit approximately 30 miles from the bar near Pocola. Neff had been shot to death. Investigators believe his body had been in the water for several days.

This case is far from cold. Over the past two years, investigators have run numerous leads searching for Neff’s killer. If anyone has information about this case, please contact the OSBI at 1-800-522-8017 or the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office.

So glad they are still working on this case and pray there is a break in it soon

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

OSBI offering rewards in 2009 deaths

Authorities are offering rewards for information in two separate LeFlore County deaths in 2009.

Up to $5,000 is being offered for information in deaths of Joe Neff of Poteau and Jodi Wilson of Wister, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reported. Her name has also been spelled Jody Rilee-Wilson.

Neff, who was 62, was reported missing when an employee of his Poteau bar, Long Branch Saloon, arrived at work about noon May 14, 2009, and found the inside of the bar in shambles, the OSBI said.

Three days later, a fisherman found Neff's body floating in a strip mining pit near Pocola, about 30 miles away, the OSBI said.

Investigators are investigating the death as a homicide. Tipsters would be eligible for the reward if information leads to an arrest and conviction, the OSBI said.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Wonder if this reward will shake someone out of the bushes that can finally give this family some answers and justice for Mr. Neff?

Hope something starts moving on this case. SOMEONE knows something!

JMHO
    fran

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty sure there was always a reward on Joe's case. I'm not sure if it was pulled at some point & readded

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

I feel so very bad for MMD. She has suffered so much, not knowing what happened to her father. It's very frightening the number of murderers walking around out there that haven't been apprehended. I keep hoping there will be a break in this case and MMD will get some peace of mind and justice. Her dad sounded like such an awesome guy. What a terrible loss for the community he was so well known in.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Joe Neff

Has there been any updates since you wrote last? I've looked on the internet for any updates and couldn't find any.

Couldn't find that much on your father's case at all unfortunately. Just that blood was found at his bar and he was found a few days later in water by a fisherman.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mkilroy2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mkilroy2 View Post
    Has there been any updates since you wrote last? I've looked on the internet for any updates and couldn't find any.

Couldn't find that much on your father's case at all unfortunately. Just that blood was found at his bar and he was found a few days later in water by a fisherman.
    re bold - ditto here... nothing new!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

been thinking a lot about MMD and Joe Neff. praying for justice and peace.

Bump
    Giles: "Let's not jump to any conclusions."
    Buffy: "I didn't jump. I took one tiny step, and there conclusions were."

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sneezy For This Useful Post:

Bump!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

-bump-

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

-bump-

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

-bump-

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Key

Quote Originally Posted by JackAMW View Post
    I feel the murder went this way, Neff received a call that morning telling him someone needed help or whatever, possibly why he went to auto parts store. The two thiefs went to Joe's house, either before or after Joe was surprised at the bar by the third. Somehow the safe's combination was found either before or after Joe was killed and telephoned to the other two in the house, who opened and took the money. They went back to the bar and loaded the body in a pickup truck, one man on both sides of the body and a third holding the legs, covering it with a tarp. From there they drove the back way thru Cameron, into Pocola and dropped the body at the strip pits, from there the may have went the back way into Spiro and back to Poteau on 59 South.
    This explains the short time line and how it had to have happened
    If I'm not mistaken I understand the safe was opened with a key not a combination. I also understand that the key's of Mr. Neff's were found in the pitt as well or maybe it was the cell phone. I also believe that a later post was made stating that the perps took Mr. Neffs keys. He had to unlock the door in order to let them in.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flatlander For This Useful Post:

Smile

I keep hoping this case will be solved......also praying that MMD is doing well.

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since Joe was murdered.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I keep hoping this case will be solved......also praying that MMD is doing well.

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since Joe was murdered.
    I am concerned about missingmydad .. it's been a year and a half since she's been on the board.

Hugs go out to you MMD. You and your Dad are not forgotten, and i hope you can pop in soon to let us know how you are, and if you have any info to add that might help solve your Dad's case.

SB

47. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

I don't know if Missing my Dad still posts here, but I just had an interesting conversation with a mutual friend of Joe's. I have called in what I heard to the OSBI, but it may have been discussed and verified years ago that the two incidents are not related.
    I am friends with a lady whose father was murdered in 1973 in Wister, OK right outside of Poteau (Missing my Dad, she was at Joe's funeral so I am sure you know who I am talking
    about)My friends father Johnny Jenkins was murdered in 1973, very suspicious and my friend (who was only one at the time her father was murdered) said she seems to recall that the man assumed guilty (who has since fled and/or disappeared ) worked in law enforcement in the Wister/Poteau area.
    Apparently Johhny and Joe were very close friends. I do realize these may have nothing in common, but figured I would throw it out there.

49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aprilvic For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast