756 users online (109 members and 647 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.04.23 Baez Files Notice of Unavailability

What does this mean..Jose is not available, or one of his team? Is this a delay tactic..will the Judge Cancel the hearing..totally confused,

I found this in the Media link up above..
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it means he's going on vacation.

There seems to be quite a number of 4/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability filed for other defendants that Baez represents.

Why would he suddenly be "unavailable" for not only this case, but for all the other cases of his that I checked for Orange County?

ETA: Maybe he has a scheduled vacation?

Can they go forward with the hearing Friday with CM? I think the judge is already done with the delays by the fact that he has called this hearing. Didn't JB and CM ask to meet with the judge privately? So that meeting would be okay but now Friday he is unavailable?? Also wouldn't the court have cleared this meeting for availabilities with both sides before scheduling it? jmo

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    My first reaction was that Jose's on the way out. After reading here, I think it could be anything that's been mentioned. It could also be that he has a major tummy ache?

There's no reason Cheney Mason can't handle the hearing on Friday.

Except that Jose is considered Lead Attorney. Of course, I don't know what that means, whether Lead Attorneys don't have to be present at all hearings, or whether he's fixing to take a back seat. Or leave altogether. Hmm.

OH Plzzzz...have the hearing..Is it going to be televised?? anybody hear?
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by nephers View Post
    I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it means he's going on vacation.
    But, isn't the defense team supposed to meet with the new judge this Friday? I would personally think he would postpone a vacation to meet with the judge that is taking the place of the judge that HE asked the court to remove due to bias on what is probably the most publicized murder trial in a century. But, that's just me.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Without seeing the Notices of Unavailability that Baez filed, we don't really know just "when" he's unavailable, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    There seems to be quite a number of 4/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability filed for other defendants that Baez represents.

Why would he suddenly be "unavailable" for not only this case, but for all the other cases of his that I checked for Orange County?

ETA: Maybe he has a scheduled vacation?
    Maybe. From what I have read about Judge Perry, I doubt he will look favorably upon a, "Sorry Judge, but I can't make it to the first hearing that you Ordered." It would depend though - if he is having surgery or something of that nature, yeah, that would be a good excuse. It all depends on what Baez states as the reason in his Notice. It will be interesting to I'm just thinking it better be a pretty good excuse.

I really don't know if that indicates that JP would reschedule. Maybe Baez indicated in his Notice that he would defer to CM only standing in. Curious to read the Notice though.

Without seeing the Notices of Unavailability that Baez filed, we don't really know just "when" he's unavailable, do we?
    Any chance that the media can get a copy of this notice? I'd love to see it.
    All posts are my opinion only.

IMO, Baez was scheduled for "trial" on another case for 5/3/2010. He was at a "pre-trial" conference on 4/6/2010. If Jose knew he wasn't going to be available for the 5/3/2010 trial, I would think he would have put in his "Notice Of Unavailability" shortly after the "pre-trail" conference.

04/06/2010 Pre-Trial Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer LeBlanc, Bob)
    04/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability
    05/03/2010 Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer LeBlanc, Bob)
    Info obtained through: http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com

Oddly enough, the "Notice of Unavailabilty" is filed on a Friday (again) after Judge Perry issues the date for the "meeting" on April 30, 2010.
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Patty? could it mean he is unavailable for his other case?? He has other cases?..OMG...j/k guess he has to make money somehow since the moolah isn't coming in anymore from this one.
    IMO

Very good point. It may not even be for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by nephers View Post
    Very good point. It may not even be for this week.
    At this point, this is the only hearing that is scheduled for the case.

What about the civil pre-trial hearing with ZFG? Is he the lead attorney for KC in the civil matter?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast