2010.04.23 Baez Files Notice of Unavailability

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotzie

shotzie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What does this mean..Jose is not available, or one of his team? Is this a delay tactic..will the Judge Cancel the hearing..totally confused,

I found this in the Media link up above..

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it means he's going on vacation.

There seems to be quite a number of 4/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability filed for other defendants that Baez represents.

Why would he suddenly be "unavailable" for not only this case, but for all the other cases of his that I checked for Orange County?

ETA: Maybe he has a scheduled vacation?

Can they go forward with the hearing Friday with CM? I think the judge is already done with the delays by the fact that he has called this hearing. Didn't JB and CM ask to meet with the judge privately? So that meeting would be okay but now Friday he is unavailable?? Also wouldn't the court have cleared this meeting for availabilities with both sides before scheduling it? jmo

My first reaction was that Jose's on the way out. After reading here, I think it could be anything that's been mentioned. It could also be that he has a major tummy ache?

There's no reason Cheney Mason can't handle the hearing on Friday.

Except that Jose is considered Lead Attorney. Of course, I don't know what that means, whether Lead Attorneys don't have to be present at all hearings, or whether he's fixing to take a back seat. Or leave altogether. Hmm.

OH Plzzzz...have the hearing.:woohoo:.Is it going to be televised?? anybody hear?

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it means he's going on vacation.

But, isn't the defense team supposed to meet with the new judge this Friday? I would personally think he would postpone a vacation to meet with the judge that is taking the place of the judge that HE asked the court to remove due to bias on what is probably the most publicized murder trial in a century. But, that's just me. :angel:

Without seeing the Notices of Unavailability that Baez filed, we don't really know just "when" he's unavailable, do we?

There seems to be quite a number of 4/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability filed for other defendants that Baez represents.

Why would he suddenly be "unavailable" for not only this case, but for all the other cases of his that I checked for Orange County?

ETA: Maybe he has a scheduled vacation?

Maybe. From what I have read about Judge Perry, I doubt he will look favorably upon a, "Sorry Judge, but I can't make it to the first hearing that you Ordered." It would depend though - if he is having surgery or something of that nature, yeah, that would be a good excuse. It all depends on what Baez states as the reason in his Notice. It will be interesting to I'm just thinking it better be a pretty good excuse.

I really don't know if that indicates that JP would reschedule. Maybe Baez indicated in his Notice that he would defer to CM only standing in. Curious to read the Notice though.

Without seeing the Notices of Unavailability that Baez filed, we don't really know just "when" he's unavailable, do we?

Any chance that the media can get a copy of this notice? I'd love to see it.

IMO, Baez was scheduled for "trial" on another case for 5/3/2010. He was at a "pre-trial" conference on 4/6/2010. If Jose knew he wasn't going to be available for the 5/3/2010 trial, I would think he would have put in his "Notice Of Unavailability" shortly after the "pre-trail" conference.

04/06/2010 Pre-Trial Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer LeBlanc, Bob)
04/23/2010 Notice of Unavailability
05/03/2010 Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer LeBlanc, Bob)
Info obtained through: http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com

Oddly enough, the "Notice of Unavailabilty" is filed on a Friday (again) after Judge Perry issues the date for the "meeting" on April 30, 2010.

Patty? could it mean he is unavailable for his other case?? He has other cases?..OMG...j/k guess he has to make money somehow since the moolah isn't coming in anymore from this one.

Very good point. It may not even be for this week.

What about the civil pre-trial hearing with ZFG? Is he the lead attorney for KC in the civil matter?

Patty? could it mean he is unavailable for his other case?? He has other cases?..OMG...j/k guess he has to make money somehow since the moolah isn't coming in anymore from this one.

Most of the other cases are traffic violations in one form or another. The only case coming up is the 5/3/2010 case for Theft and Burglary.

This notice of availability really surprises me. I know we joke around about what a Dufus Jose Baez is - well actually we go farther than that, but it seems to me that if he'd had a really good look at the circumstances, he would make every effort to show up at the first hearing with Perry. Particularly because it is a planning session.

I'm really curious to hear the explanation. Or are we jumping the gun in assuming he will NOT be at this hearing?

Jumping the gun, IMO. Its possible he is only out of town for a few days and needed to notify the court of this absence. I've seen this notice posted before for other attorneys .

Exactly. All we have seen is that he filed a Notice of Unavailability on 4/23/10. We don't know the range of dates he proclaims he will be unavailable, or why. It could be this week, or could be the next couple of weeks. His reason could be a vacation, could be a scheduling conflict with other pre-scheduled trials, hearings, etc... involving other cases, could be he is scheduled for suregery....basically, could be anything.

Not gonna speculate until I get a chance to read the actual Notice. I am curious though.

Isn't this a fairly routine filing that an attorney will make when he has active cases before the court? Essentially it simply put shis vacation schedule, etc, on record so the court knows when he is out of town for purposes of scheduling hearings and serving documents etc? the legal equivalent of an 'Out of Office" notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆