Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #1

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...wp&feedId=3671

st joseph county sheriff, mi. scanner

but they aren't saying a word.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Questions:

Does Doug have relatives living near Venus' parents?

Where were the two vehicles found?

Did Venus have possession of one of the vehicles after she left Doug or did he have possession of both vehicles before Venus disappeared?

Who is providing the alibi for Doug?

Could he have flown between Newport News and, say, Kalamazoo undetected?

So many questions about this guy that deserve answers. THIS ARTICLE flat-out says that police think that Doug abducted Venus. I think he did, too, but it'd be great to see someone dig a little bit and do more detailed reporting.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Questions:

Does Doug have relatives living near Venus' parents?

Where were the two vehicles found?

Did Venus have possession of one of the vehicles after she left Doug or did he have possession of both vehicles before Venus disappeared?

Who is providing the alibi for Doug?

Could he have flown between Newport News and, say, Kalamazoo undetected?

So many questions about this guy that deserve answers. THIS ARTICLE flat-out says that police think that Doug abducted Venus. I think he did, too, but it'd be great to see someone dig a little bit and do more detailed reporting.
    That article also says (paraphrasing) that Venus was abducted last week and douglas was found later in the week. We already know he was reached by phone later that evening, so I wonder if it took LE days to physically locate him?
    And yes I would love to see more detailed articles. This is c-rap that she's been gone this long and no one either in MI or VA has any lenghty reporting for this crime. I checked the VA papers last night and could'nt find anything re: douglas or the abduction. Where are the microphones being pushed at douglas asking where his wife(ex) is??
    I pray Venus is found just tied up in his trunk alive but I fear after all the other alligations w/ him that he had no intentions of her staying alive. Especially after the alligations of abuse to one of their kids. Her parents feared he would just bust down the door one day and grab her, I don't doubt that either. Thank goodness he did'nt grab the kids too! imo
    Praying this morning that Venus is found, unharmed and returned to her family.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:

"Police first believed that Stewart might have been abducted by her estranged husband, Douglas Harrie Steward, 29, but authorities have talked with him and he says he had nothing to do with her disappearance."

Of course he said that. But does LE believe it??

http://www.examiner.com/x-46795-Miss...rom-front-yard

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

Venus Stewart (PICTURES): Michigan Mom Feared Kidnapped from Parents' Home
    May 5, 2010 6:50 AM

"There's been no sign, no word, no anything," Lt. Mike Risko told CBS affiliate WWMT. "It's as if she disappeared from the face of the earth."

snip

"There is evidence that there was a struggle," Lt. Risko told the station. "We do not believe she left of her own free will."

snip

Police say detectives are trying to determine Doug Stewart's alibi for April 26 and the days leading to Venus' disappearance. Lt. Risko says all investigators' contact with Doug Stewart is through his lawyer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...84-504083.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

New Information In Missing Bronson Grad Case
    Posted Wednesday May 5, 2010 1 hour, 25 minutes ago

Information from a request for a warrant to inspect her husbandís pick-up truck obtained by CNN claims a truck like it was seen in the area on the morning of her disappearance. They want to compare tire tracks left at the scene and inspect it for evidence that it may have been in Michigan. Stewart insists he never left Virginia and State Police Lt. Michael Risko says for now his alibi checks out. The request was signed by the judge and filed on Monday.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/...son-grad-case/

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Information from a request for a warrant to inspect her husbandís pick-up truck obtained by CNN claims a truck like it was seen in the area on the morning of her disappearance. They want to compare tire tracks left at the scene and inspect it for evidence that it may have been in Michigan. Stewart insists he never left Virginia and State Police Lt. Michael Risko says for now his alibi checks out. The request was signed by the judge and filed on Monday.

That will at least confirm whether the truck was used.

I'd really like to know his alibi and who witnessed him in VA that morning.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Good. I hope they find a connection. This morning I saw the wndu article posted earlier, that is the first local coverage I've seen of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    That will at least confirm whether the truck was used.

I'd really like to know his alibi and who witnessed him in VA that morning.
    Me too

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lurkey Lou For This Useful Post:

couple of more questions

We still don't know what she was mailing right ?

Since it seems husband had both cars. did she sometimes or regularly take her mom to work to keep her car ?

since it was said on nancy grace... she went to mail box as her mom was going to work.

I cant see this being a random act somebody had to know her schedule

if this turns out to be a random act, I guess i will change my routine, I usually go to the mail box at the same time. I live on a quiet street. so i quess it could happen
    Last edited by RJA00; 05-05-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Work in progress, album for Venus:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nus%20Stewart/

Will organize asap.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Here is some of the transcripts from NG show lastnight:

Aired May 4, 2010 - 20:00:00

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <

What more do we know tonight, John McNeill?

JOHN MCNEILL, NEWS DIRECTOR, WKZO NEWSRADIO: Well, we have learned from a filing for a search warrant for Douglas Stewart`s pickup that they may have a lot more evidence than they`ve talked about previous to this. We`re hearing about the discovery of a clear plastic packaging in the driveway that may have been used to cover a tarp.
    We`re learning that they have the tire tracks taken from a field nearby, an eyewitness account of a pickup in a field nearby, with a white male crouching behind it about the time of the disappearance.
    We`re hearing that -- or we`re reading in this request for a warrant that they want to match the tire patterns that they found in the field with the ones on Douglas Stewart`s pickup truck. That the general tread pattern is similar, but they need to match the actual tires.

This is all new information that we didn`t hear about before. The truck description matches the eyewitness account. It`s a crew cab, a four- wheel pickup truck, light in color, very similar to the Dodge Ram that Douglas Stewart drives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Mr. And Mrs. McComb, joining us tonight. These are Venus Rose Stewart`s parents.

To Miss McComb. Miss McComb, when we`re talking about a white male crouched down beside a pickup truck with a crew cab, resembles a Dodge Ram, where is that field in relation to your home?

T. MCCOMB: Across the street like kitty corner in a vacant lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Straight out to Sergeant Scott Haines, sheriff`s officer, Santa Rosa County, Florida.

Sergeant, what about the tread pattern? How often do you make those kind of comparisons?

SGT. SCOTT HAINES, SHERIFF`S OFFICER, SANTA ROSA COUNTY, FL.: Those type of comparisons are actually extremely helpful. Tires are very unique in the different nicks that they may have on them, the wear patterns, the placement on the vehicle, whether on the front or the real.

They`re all very unique depending on what type of abuse they`ve had, what they`ve hit. If you get a good tire impression, you can match it specifically up to any tire on a vehicle. So if they do have good tire impressions and they have the actual tire, they can definitely match up an identical tire.

GRACE: With us, Sergeant Scott Haines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Ellie Jostad, weigh in.

JOSTAD: Nancy, we know that the husband claims that he`s been in Virginia the whole time but police are testing that truck, looking for any evidence that might have been in Michigan. They`re looking for soil, insects, fibers that would link it to Michigan.

GRACE: Back to Larry and Therese McComb, Venus Stewart`s parents. I know that you are keeping the children, the two little girls, safe. How are they without their mommy?

T. MCCOMB: They ask a lot about her. They don`t understand. The 5- year-old accidentally seen her on TV. And she said, why is mommy with daddy? She was scared. That scared her. She goes, why is mommy with daddy? She didn`t understand.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../04/ng.01.html
    Last edited by mysticrose; 05-05-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

So here is everything you might ever want to know on Dodge pickups ... lol

I wish we knew what year they were talking about, anyway here you go complete with pics:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram[/ame]

ETA:
    Here is the year of truck:

a 2005 full size, club cab Dodge Ram pickup with Virginia plates

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/featur...-still-missing
    Last edited by mysticrose; 05-05-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Ooooo I hope his fingerprints are all over that plastic packaging if they are he is TOAST !
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Here is a pic of a 2005 Dodge Ram clubcab, quad cab:

Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Have the same thoughts about Douglas as I do with Josh P. Can you believe they are both still walking around? Although in this case, I believe an arrest will soon be made! I hope! moo

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Authorities are out in Saint Joseph County, searching for Venus Stewart.

Michigan State Police in White Pigeon tell Newschannel 3 that teams are searching Adams Lake.

They are using side scan sonar to go through the water.

This is the same area where they conducted a foot search last week.

Stewart, a mother of two, has been missing over a week now.

Michigan State Police believe she may have been kidnapped from her parents' home in Colon Township.

Stewart's estranged husband lives in Virginia and has been questioned by authorities.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/stewart...te-joseph.html

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

While one article says Doug has been questioned this article says something different...

Police say detectives are trying to determine Doug Stewart's alibi for April 26 and the days leading to Venus' disappearance. Lt. Risko says all investigators' contact with Doug Stewart is through his lawyer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...in;contentBody

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Police dive team combs Adams Lake near Colon in search for Venus Stewart

May 05, 2010, 3:21PM

“We’re just looking for evidence of Venus Stewart’s disappearance,” Risko said.
    While the dive team conducted its search Wednesday, Risko said MSP crime lab personnel were flying to Virginia to conduct searches of a Mercury sedan and Dodge Ram pickup truck that are both registered to Douglas Stewart.

Police obtained search warrants for the vehicles, which were being held Wednesday by Newport News police, the lieutenant said.

More at link...

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...s_adams_l.html

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Just my opinion - but Venus suffered a brutal death at the hands of this horrible man. I hope LE nail him!!! moo

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Are the children school age? If the husband did abduct Venus, why would he think she would come out of the house at that time of day? Maybe he was hoping to get a peek at the children and when Venus went outside, he couldn't help but confront her, wanting to talk to her. When she refused, he grabbed her just to talk and things went really wrong after that.

I have to assume it was light at that time of the morning. Abducting Venus in "broad daylight" is so strange to me.

It seems there's a better chance of this case getting solved than the Susan Powell - Josh Powell matter.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    Are the children school age? If the husband did abduct Venus, why would he think she would come out of the house at that time of day? Maybe he was hoping to get a peek at the children and when Venus went outside, he couldn't help but confront her, wanting to talk to her. When she refused, he grabbed her just to talk and things went really wrong after that.

I have to assume it was light at that time of the morning. Abducting Venus in "broad daylight" is so strange to me.

It seems there's a better chance of this case getting solved than the Susan Powell - Josh Powell matter.
    One of the children may be in kindergarten, but the other is too young for school.

Venus was taken right after her mother left the house for work that morning (Monday morning). Since the husband probably knew the family's schuedule, he knew the mother would be gone. Maybe he planned on knocking on the door and taking Venus, then she comes out and makes it easier for him.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

two children, ages 3 and 5
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...nty_woman.html

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    One of the children may be in kindergarten, but the other is too young for school.

Venus was taken right after her mother left the house for work that morning (Monday morning). Since the husband probably knew the family's schuedule, he knew the mother would be gone. Maybe he planned on knocking on the door and taking Venus, then she comes out and makes it easier for him.
    It just seems so brazen, especially since the stepfather was home! I do think I read the area where she was isn't visible from the house though.

I had a boyfriend who would have done something like that and I was terrified of him. I had to leave the town I grew up with and the only people who knew where I went were my parents, sister and my cousin. Nobody else in town knew. This stalker would drive to my parents home every day to check the mail box, hide in the bushes and wait around the corner in a car.

One time, I hid at the neighbor's house when my parents weren't home and when I wouldn't answer the door, he crawled in a bedroom window and waited there all night. (My parents were out of town.)

Back then, people just didn't call the police and weren't aware of what stalking was.

I was told that I would never be able to hide from this man. Fortunately, I got away before I ended up dead!

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

It just seems so brazen, especially since the stepfather was home! I do think I read the area where she was isn't visible from the house though.

I had a boyfriend who would have done something like that and I was terrified of him. I had to leave the town I grew up with and the only people who knew where I went were my parents, sister and my cousin. Nobody else in town knew. This stalker would drive to my parents home every day to check the mail box, hide in the bushes and wait around the corner in a car.

One time, I hid at the neighbor's house when my parents weren't home and when I wouldn't answer the door, he crawled in a bedroom window and waited there all night. (My parents were out of town.)

Back then, people just didn't call the police and weren't aware of what stalking was.

I was told that I would never be able to hide from this man. Fortunately, I got away before I ended up dead!
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. I guess until you have met someone like this, it's hard to imagine what lengths they would go to.

Venus made a will out three weeks before this abduction, according to her parents. She filed for an order of protection in February, stating that she was afraid for her life.

Her father was home asleep, it sounded like he might work a night shift, but I am not sure.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast