Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
MSP Investigate Possible Colon Area Kidnapping

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

(COLON TOWNSHIP) - Michigan State Police are investigating the possible abduction of a woman from the Colon area on Monday. 32-year-old Venus Rose Stewart was abducted from her parents' home on Driftwood Drive between 7:10am and 8:30am. Stewart may be in the company of 29-year-old Douglas Stewart in a 1998 silver Mercury 4-door or a 2005 silver Dodge Ram pickup. Both vehicles had Virginia license plates and may be headed to Virginia. Anyone with information on their whereabouts should call the Michigan State Police.

http://www.wlki.com/news.php

Venus Stewart's parents aid their daughter would have never left their home on her own accord. The McComb's are sick with worry after their daughter in her pajama's went out to put the mail in their mailbox.

Venus had left her husband in February and he lost custody of the children.

Ex husband said he has nothing to do with it.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Missing-mom-wouldnt-leave-on-her-own

Colon Twp woman still missing

venus_rose_stewart_ctc_20100426160412_320_240.JPG

Venus Rose Stewart not seen since early Monday

A woman possibly abducted Monday morning from a home in Colon Township is still missing, but police say she is not with her estranged husband.

Venus Rose Stewart, 32, was last seen wearing pajamas on Monday morning. Police believed she may have been with her estranged husband, Douglas Harrie Stewart.

But the 29-year-old man was contacted at his Virginia home and he said he hasn't seen her.

Late afternoon Tuesday, Douglas Stewart spoke with 24 Hour News 8 and said he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance. He was, he said, out of state.

"I am a good citizen, a good person," he said by phone.

Police had difficulty locating Douglas Stewart, but found him in Virginia. Michigan State Police said they are not clearing him as a person of interest, and are working with Virginia police to confirm his whereabouts on Monday.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/MSP-Colon-Twp-woman-possibly-abducted

Court records in St. Joseph County show Venus Stewart had obtained an order of protection against Doug in February and feared that he would kill her. Venus filed for several protection orders from him in the last two years

"I am tired of living in constant fear and I am afraid of what this is doing to my children," Venus wrote. "I am scared to death and everyday I live in constant fear and I am constantly looking over my shoulder wondering when he will appear again."

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/mother-1375777-newschannel-michigan.html

in a petition dated and signed on February 26, Venus described her emotions as "running for my life so I will be around for my kids."

That was before court records show a judge granting Venus temporary custody of the couple's two daughters on April 19.

After court, I was afraid for her life that he would come after her," said Therese McComb, Venus' mother. "She said, 'I lived with him. I know. I'm so scared of him. I'm so very scared of him.' She said, 'Mark my words. He's going to get me somehow, somewhere."

"
Once Doug loses all control over me, he is going to hunt me down and kill me," Venus wrote. "Now that I don't have my parents to protect me and if he finds out where I am at he is going to kill me! It is only a matter of time."

Venus Stewart filed a third request for a protection order this February. She had returned to Michigan from Virginia with her two children. The judge in St. Joseph County approved her request.

A St. Joseph County woman who police say was abducted from her parents’ home Monday had obtained an order of protection in February against her estranged husband, who she feared would kill her, court records show.

Police initially said they believed that Venus Rose Stewart’s husband, Douglas, abducted her. They found him Monday in Newport News, Va., where he lives, but she remains missing.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/missing_st_joseph_county_woman_1.html

Michigan State Police say Doug Stewart, Venus' husband, is not currently a suspect, not in custody and under no obligation to return to Michigan. Police found him in Virginia on Tuesday, where he lives.

Michigan State Police say detectives are trying to determine Doug Stewart's alibi for Monday and the days leading to Venus' kidnapping. Lt. Mike Risko says all investigators' contact with Doug Stewart is through his lawyer in Portage.

Court documents show Douglas and Venus had a strained marriage, including a history of domestic violence. Venus had been arrested for hitting Douglas. But in July 2008, she filed for a personal protection order against him, citing sexual and physical abuse.

Then, the couple moved to Virginia.

Venus filed for divorce three times in two different counties and Douglas filed in Virginia, he said, but the couple stayed married.

Douglas Stewart answered his wife’s initial request for a personal-protection order with a request of his own filed in Kalamazoo County in August 2008. In the order, which was approved, he said his wife suffered from an anxiety and agitation disorder “for the better half of our relationship.” He said she was on medicine “to control her mood and anger problems” but had stopped taking the prescriptions.

Douglas Stewart also told the judge that, at that time, Venus Stewart had been sentenced to a year of probation for domestic violence and on one occasion in June 2008 attacked him “with approximately nine blows to the face and also caused harm to my 3 1/2 year old’s head.”

“She has informed me on a daily basis that she will kill me for taking the kids away from her,” Douglas Stewart wrote in 2008. “... I cannot live my life in constant fear that my kids and I are under attack ... I live my life in fear now and I fear the outcome of my children.

“Please help me. Please help her.”

Both protection orders obtained by the Stewarts in 2008 were dismissed that October.

Court records also show that Douglas Stewart filed for divorce from his wife in September 2007 and again in July 2008, but both divorce petitions were eventually dismissed.

Risko said police are continuing to ask for assistance from anyone who may have seen Venus Stewart or a silver mercury sedan with Virginia license plate XNP1453 or silver Dodge Ram pickup truck with Virginia license plate XNP1301. Both vehicles are registered to Douglas Stewart, the lieutenant said, and police had yet to find either as of Wednesday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Sounds like a violent relationship on both sides. Those poor kids :(

The article says he was located Monday night in Newport News. According to google maps, Colon Township is just south of Battle Creek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...85.331667&sspn=0.000000,0.000000&iwloc=A&sa=X

That's roughly 760 miles, or almost 13 hours of drive time (per mapquest).

ETA: the above articles are from Grand Rapids. That is about 820 miles, 13 1/2 hours drive time.

What time Monday night was he located?

Venus is 5'4", 130 lbs. The husband is apparently almost 6' and 250 lbs. I find it hard to believe he was physically terrorized by someone half his size.

It means nothing that he was back home on Tuesday. Where was he Sunday and Monday? Does he have an alibi?

She appeared to honestly believe he was going to kill her -- that it was only a matter of time. I can't even imagine how terrifying it must be to live that way!

This may sound crazy but I would like to know what kind of "letter" was mailed. Also, did Venus have 1 of the cars and she's missing in that car? If so, someone had keys.IMO

Venus is 5'4", 130 lbs. The husband is apparently almost 6' and 250 lbs. I find it hard to believe he was physically terrorized by someone half his size.

It means nothing that he was back home on Tuesday. Where was he Sunday and Monday? Does he have an alibi?

She appeared to honestly believe he was going to kill her -- that it was only a matter of time. I can't even imagine how terrifying it must be to live that way!

The article above said he was contacted by phone late Monday night, but is not specific as to what time. She was abducted between 7 and 8:30 Monday morning, so that does leave a very narrow window of time that he could have returned to VA (the drive time seems to be around 13 hours).

As far as a husband being physically abused by his wife, that happens far more often than people realize. Size has nothing to do with it. Abuse is abuse.

He most certainly needs to account for his whereabouts Sunday through Monday.

I'm not willing to accept the husband's account at face value. It's not unheard of for abusers to malign their victim - making the victim appear abusive themselves, mentally unstable, suicidal, drug dependant, etc. Often, an abuser will use these tactics to maintain control, e.g. custody of the children.

I agree though, these poor little ones...I'll keep praying.

I'm not willing to accept the husband's account at face value. It's not unheard of for abusers to malign their victim - making the victim appear abusive themselves, mentally unstable, suicidal, drug dependant, etc. Often, an abuser will use these tactics to maintain control, e.g. custody of the children.

I agree though, these poor little ones...I'll keep praying.

I don't buy his story either. She's the one who left VA, got as far away as she could.

They contacted him by phone on Monday night -- on his land line? Or did they ping his cell? And if so, and it was "late" Monday night, say 11, that's 15 hours from when she disappeared. Plenty of time to get back.

And how weird they can't find his vehicles? What, is he sitting at home with no vehicle? Very strange. Where does he say they are?

I don't know what happened, of course, but when a woman tells everyone that she's afraid a particular person is going to kill her, and if she ends up dead (which I pray does NOT happen), it would be a remarkable coincidence if someone else did it.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/MSP-Colon-Twp-woman-possibly-abducted

BBM

"Recently, she and the couple's two young children moved back to Michigan to live with her parents. Court documents reveal this latest move was sparked by an investigation into the sexual abuse of their 5-year-old daughter.
Douglas Stewart denies that, and said he "doesn't understand what she is doing, or what her plan is.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46