1185 users online (158 members and 1027 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1

    Charge & Hearing - EJ & TPS - Conspiracy to Commit Custodial Interference

    We have a thread for Elizabeth's charges and hearings, and a thread for Tammi's charges & hearing, but we don't have a thread for the charge they are both a party to, Conspiracy to Commit Custodial Interference. So I'm starting this one for it.

    In prep for the upcoming hearings and trial for this charge, I thought we could bring in the info from both of their charging documents (in the Important Links thread) that shows them engaging together in this crime.

    I'd imagine the prosecutor also has additional evidence for this charge that he/she will bring up at trial, so if you know of, or come across, actions they engaged in together that look like evidence of conspiracy to commit custodial interference, let's bring them in too so we can take a look at them and get familiar with them prior to the hearings and trial.

    We should probably also bring in the AZ statute that covers this charge too.

    Thanks,
    BeanE

  2. #2
    Custodial interference statute for AZ

    Arizona Revised Statutes §13-1302 Custodial interference

    http://law.justia.com/arizona/codes/title13/01302.html

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Elizabeth Johnson's lawyers waived her right to appear in court for a status conference.

    snip

    Also appearing in court this morning in front of the same judge was Tammi Smith. She had hoped to adopt Gabriel before he disappeared.

    Smith has been charged with forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference. She's not charged in the baby's disappearance.

    Amy Nguyen, Smith's attorney, asked the judge for more time to go over evidence in the case.

    "I think I lost count; it's boxes. A lot of it is disclosed on CDs so it's numerous documents, and I think we are in excess of 50 CDs at this point," Nguyen said in reference to the amount of evidence.

    http://www.kpho.com/news/23280642/detail.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Elizabeth Johnson's lawyers waived her right to appear in court for a status conference.

    snip

    Also appearing in court this morning in front of the same judge was Tammi Smith. She had hoped to adopt Gabriel before he disappeared.

    Smith has been charged with forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference. She's not charged in the baby's disappearance.

    Amy Nguyen, Smith's attorney, asked the judge for more time to go over evidence in the case.

    "I think I lost count; it's boxes. A lot of it is disclosed on CDs so it's numerous documents, and I think we are in excess of 50 CDs at this point," Nguyen said in reference to the amount of evidence.

    http://www.kpho.com/news/23280642/detail.html
    I have not followed a case before, but that sounds like a lot of evidence. I wonder if it is a lot, or average, or what?! I would really like to know what's in those boxes! Seems like a lot more than a few snippets of messages
    “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt


    Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    I have not followed a case before, but that sounds like a lot of evidence. I wonder if it is a lot, or average, or what?! I would really like to know what's in those boxes! Seems like a lot more than a few snippets of messages
    Caylee's case has more than 14,000 pages in documents last time I saw a count and more has been released since then. There are a metric ton of CDs of audio and video. The CD count doesn't include the documents - that's usually given in number of pages.

    50 CDs doesn't tell me anything. That could be 50 1-page documents. And some could be duplicates. I need the page count of documents not including duplicates, and the number of audio and video files. That would tell me something.

    Even then, going back to Caylee's case, the number of pages won't tell you everything. It depends on pages of what exactly. There were pages and pages and pages of graphs that are completely unreadable in that case.

  7. #7
    Court Date For 2 Key Figures In Missing Baby Case

    Attorneys for a Valley mother accused in the disappareance of her infant son were in court in Phoenix. on Tuesday.

    Video: http://www.kpho.com/video/index.html

  8. #8
    Update to Court Case:

    4/29/2010 028 - ME: Status Conference Set - Party (002) 4/29/2010
    4/29/2010 120 - ME: Hrg/Motion/Rule 11 Exam - Party (001) 4/29/2010


    4/27/2010 8:30 Complex / Capital Case
    6/7/2010 8:30 Status Conference

  9. #9
    TAMMI PETERS SMITH (002)

    Defense counsel orally moves for a Motion for Extension of Time to Remand.

    IT IS ORDERED granting the motion until June 7, 2010.

    IT IS ORDERED setting a Status Conference on June 7, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

    http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...0/m4200821.pdf


    ELIZABETH JOANNE JOHNSON (001)

    IT IS ORDERED transferring this case to the Rule 11 Commissioner's Court for all further proceedings relating to Defendant's competency.

    All time pursuant to Rule 8.4, Rules of Criminal Procedure, shall be excluded by the Judge/Judge Pro Tem at the time the Defendant's competency is determined.

    IT IS ORDERED setting a Status Conference on June 7, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. in this
    division.

    http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...0/m4200694.pdf

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,135
    I'm not entirely sure if this link will work, but, on the high profile list you can search Johnson or Smith. EJ's Rule 11 result looks to be heard on Aug 12 at 1:30pm.
    TPS' Forgery and Conspiracy case is scheduled for Aug 16 at 8:30am...I am assuming this will happen only when EJ is found to have been restored to competency...hopefully Thursday!
    http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...List/Index.asp
    “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt


    Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if this link will work, but, on the high profile list you can search Johnson or Smith. EJ's Rule 11 result looks to be heard on Aug 12 at 1:30pm.
    TPS' Forgery and Conspiracy case is scheduled for Aug 16 at 8:30am...I am assuming this will happen only when EJ is found to have been restored to competency...hopefully Thursday!
    http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...List/Index.asp
    According to that link you posted EJ will not be present and also it appears TPS court date is a pretrial conference. I so want these cases to be heard so maybe it will lead to baby Gabriel. I hope EJ has been found "restored".

  12. #12
    So they're going to be tried separately for the conspiracy?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    So they're going to be tried separately for the conspiracy?
    I was under the impression their cases were tied together, so they were to be in court together? Maybe we should get some clarification from AZLawyer on this. I thought the reason TPS' trial was pushed back was because EJ's was. ?
    “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt


    Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    I was under the impression their cases were tied together, so they were to be in court together? Maybe we should get some clarification from AZLawyer on this. I thought the reason TPS' trial was pushed back was because EJ's was. ?
    That's what I thought - that Tammi was delayed because of EJ. Let's see if AZlawyer can figure it out.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    That's what I thought - that Tammi was delayed because of EJ. Let's see if AZlawyer can figure it out.
    I can't wait to hear the results tomorrow. These 2 need to get in court together...that's a must see IMO!

    If you enter their names here, and scroll to the very bottom, you will see the Rule 11 Hearing is listed on both their cases for tomorrow, and on the 16th, they are both scheduled for a "Status Conference"

    http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...caseSearch.asp
    “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt


    Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
  2. Replies: 192
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 01:09 AM

Tags for this Thread