1099 users online (210 members and 889 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6

http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanson/ne...to-solve-cases

BROCKTON - Families and investigators searching for clues in missing persons cases are turning to online social networking sites, hoping to tap potential witnesses throughout the country and world.
    “It has become the first line of defense for some families,” said Helena Murray, aunt of Maura Murray, the Hanson college student who went missing in Woodsville, N.H., five years ago.
    “It is one way to get the person’s name and picture out there to as many people as you can,” she said.

Post NH-News Links for NH-Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 2004

http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanson/ne...to-solve-cases

BROCKTON - Families and investigators searching for clues in missing persons cases are turning to online social networking sites, hoping to tap potential witnesses throughout the country and world.
    “It has become the first line of defense for some families,” said Helena Murray, aunt of Maura Murray, the Hanson college student who went missing in Woodsville, N.H., five years ago.
    “It is one way to get the person’s name and picture out there to as many people as you can,” she said.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    True Crime Diary just did a write up about Maura. She compared Maura's disappearence to Leah Roberts. I had never connected the two cases together as the girls were on opposite sides of the country. It is an interested read anyway.

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index....e=cases&id=110
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Exclamation Maura Murray

Bumping for Maura...........

December 10, 2009, she has been missing 5 years, 10 months, 1 day

Prayers for Maura and all who love her.

Exclamation Maura Murray

Bumping for Maura...........

December 10, 2009, she has been missing 5 years, 10 months, 1 day

Prayers for Maura and all who love her.

Peabody, thanks for the bump. Let's hope for a resolution to Maura's case as we turn to a new year, but before we hit 6 years. And Gaia, thanks for the post. It is an interesting comparison.

NH LE Lists Maura on their Cold Case Site

Dec 11, 2009 11:13 pm US/Eastern

http://wbztv.com/local/cold.case.maura.2.1365538.html

MISSING UMASS STUDENT LISTED ON NH COLD CASE SITE

A Cold Case Unit, newly created by the New Hampshire Department of Justice, now lists the name of a college student from the South Shore on on its

<SNIP>

"Based on what I know, I believe Maura was killed," says Helena Murray of Weymouth, who is married to a cousin of Maura. Helena has been trying for nearly six years to find out what happened to the Hanson woman whose car was involved in minor accident on Route 112 in Haverhill, New Hampshire. When police arrived on scene, Maura was gone.

"Somebody knows something. Whether Maura's alive and got a ride or whether Maura is dead, somebody knows something," says Helena who wrote Governor John Lynch in 2005 asking Maura's name to be listed along with other cases that had gone cold.

"The state of New Hampshire needed to list these cases," she says. Finally, it has created a Cold Case Unit and has included Maura's name on its Web site. "I was very pleased to see her name on the list," says Helena who maintains a web site called Maura is Missing. She says some of Maura's friends have been cold-called by a man and woman who've visited the site and are interested in the case which makes her uncomfortable.

<SNIP>

Exclamation NH-Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 2004--Part 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing **MERGED**

A Cold Case Unit, newly created by the New Hampshire Department of Justice, now lists the name of a college student from the South Shore on on its

<SNIP>

"Based on what I know, I believe Maura was killed," says Helena Murray of Weymouth, who is married to a cousin of Maura. Helena has been trying for nearly six years to find out what happened to the Hanson woman whose car was involved in minor accident on Route 112 in Haverhill, New Hampshire. When police arrived on scene, Maura was gone.

"Somebody knows something. Whether Maura's alive and got a ride or whether Maura is dead, somebody knows something," says Helena who wrote Governor John Lynch in 2005 asking Maura's name to be listed along with other cases that had gone cold.

"The state of New Hampshire needed to list these cases," she says. Finally, it has created a Cold Case Unit and has included Maura's name on its Web site. "I was very pleased to see her name on the list," says Helena who maintains a web site called Maura is Missing. She says some of Maura's friends have been cold-called by a man and woman who've visited the site and are interested in the case which makes her uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-10-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Exclamation NH LE Lists Maura on their Cold Case Site

<SNIP>

I wonder why MM said she was taking a leave of absence because of a death in her family, when it wasn't so? This is what I can't get past. I think there is a fair possibility that she staged her own disappearance. But why?

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I wonder why MM said she was taking a leave of absence because of a death in her family, when it wasn't so? This is what I can't get past. I think there is a fair possibility that she staged her own disappearance. But why?
    I've always wondered the samething. Why leave on that night? I really think that there had to be something else going on in her life at the time. I really hope at some point her family gets the answers that they are looking for.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    This is a great comprehensive 4 part series about Maura's disappearence which is a must read for anyone new to learning about Maura.

Her disappearence is just baffling on many levels.

http://www.whitmanhansonexpress.com/...blog&Itemid=83
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

"Disappeared" --- all new Series on the ID channel (Investigation discovery) --- features a special on Maura Murray in January 2010.

I will keep everyone posted.

"Disappeared" --- all new Series on the ID channel (Investigation discovery) --- features a special on Maura Murray in January 2010.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast