Two Pedophile Priests Around Children

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Two. Count 'em two pedophile priests are around kids. Or will be.

First we have the esteemed Father Oliver O'Grady who was BUSTED working in a Rotterdam Catholic Church as a deacon. Bless his heart because it's a shelter for abused women and children.

Being a Priest and all Father should know thay telling a lie is a sin. So, why was he working under an alias at of all places somewhere kids were already victims. O'Grady was the foucs of a documentary "Deliver Us From Evil". Now he should be the subject of a documentary "I'm a reoffending pedophile of the very worse kind". This guy was not from the States though. Ireland. Then he's off to Rotterdam? How's that work?

Back home we have the infamous Father Gilbert Gauthe. He's the guy that started the ball rolling with the abuse in the Church in the States. Gauthe served his time and now he's moving. To Texas. Next door to a woman who babysits her grandkids.

That's just excellent. My head hurts.

http://blogs.alternet.org/cityofang...-in-holland-one-fresh-out-of-prison-in-texas/

I am just ill.

That makes three of us. So far. Oh and no doubt the poor lady who has her grands to watch.

Warning for triggers. Some people may not want to read this about Gauthe. He molested over 100 kids they believe. Allegations of course went on for years. The most disturbing thing is his sister-in-law reported him to the Church after finding his brother Richard molesting on of their own kids. The brother then told her that he and Gilbert had been doing that for years.

This "priest" had access to kids in Louisianna. Even Parishoners without children complained he had a bunch of unsupervised kids all the time. Prior to 1980 people complained this pervert was licking their kids cheeks. Areyoufrea*inkiddinme? This guy molested both boys and girls. He's out. Out of prison.

http://www.bishopaccountability.org/assign/Gauthe_Gilbert_J.htm

Sorry for the double posts, BUt this is just even more unreal.

Even locked up this Gauthe guy was given access to tenn prisoners. He was given special staus in prison where he did art work. The art work covered windows where he'd abuse the teens in prison.

His brother had been ousted from the service and guess where else? The Scouts. As mentioned his former wife tried and turn both of them in. Nobody believed her.

Then we have a Judge from Gauthe's hometown who helped him try and beat all these charges. Oh and help him keep hurting kids.

http://www.bishop-accountability.or...nicle_JudgesIntervention_Gilbert_Gauthe_1.htm

This is beyond infuriating. I can't think of anything to say that won't result in insta-ban. Prayers for all the victims.

I am now fairly certain that the entire top of my head is going to blow off. This is so blatant and outrageous that it turns my stomach. So, it seems that Politz is a like-minded kind of guy. Maybe someone should be looking in HIS closet too.

Father Pervert won't be living next door to the lady with the six grandchildren she babysits.

After word got out the pedophile "priest" was out of a Galveston prison and moving in with a friend well he's not going there now.

This kind of puts him back to where he was in 2008 when he split his addy and moved in a trailer at a bus stop parking lot where he worked. It's there he was arrested for breaking parole, but not before he assaulted a 3 year old boy. I think that's the chronology. Man, this guy hurt so many kids it gets confusing. The justice system gets confusing.

Soooooooo where's he going? Maybe to a town near you? Or me?

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=07f0eda90bee15f4

Sometimes these posts bother me. I am a cradle catholic, and father Myles White, currently on the Missouri RSO list was breifly around kids at my grade school in the 70's. He did prison time... and he is still on the RSO list. I mention him, because he is my only real life situation with the pedo priests.

On the other hand, If I could only post the copy of the handbook I have with a student at a Catholic school and the policies in place for even a hint of violating a child sexually. I promise it is thick, and there are numerous places to contact.....

I don't mean to start a great debate about this, but imo, the church has done a LOT to prevent this... it is only a small percentage who still turn their heads or those with very poor policies to ignore even a HINT of allegations against a child.

If I may ask, for those of you who post these stories about pedo priests, do you do the research to follow up and ask for what measures and policies are in place to rectify the situation? I ask because it is only fair to look at both sides of the coin. Do you look at what percentage of students are currently enrolled in Catholic schools overall across the US or elsewhere and compare stats of those attending private school to the number not enrolled in Catholic school of abused? I would bet the 14,000 per year tuition it would cost me to send my son to 4 years of Catholic HS that the ratio of pedo's in public schools far exceeds those in Catholic schools.

and I would bet my last few cents.... that while there are still some oversights or sneaky pedo's who fool the community there is in NO way a greater percentage of anyone sneeking by to abuse children attending the Catholic schools or CCD in comparison to other comparible school age children. As a matter of fact, I would suspect my child has a better chance of a gang banger or drug dealer trying to recruit or infleunce him than he would be molested by a Catholic preist.

JMVHO

Cubby

Sometimes these posts bother me. I am a cradle catholic, and father Myles White, currently on the Missouri RSO list was breifly around kids at my grade school in the 70's. He did prison time... and he is still on the RSO list. I mention him, because he is my only real life situation with the pedo priests.

On the other hand, If I could only post the copy of the handbook I have with a student at a Catholic school and the policies in place for even a hint of violating a child sexually. I promise it is thick, and there are numerous places to contact.....

I don't mean to start a great debate about this, but imo, the church has done a LOT to prevent this... it is only a small percentage who still turn their heads or those with very poor policies to ignore even a HINT of allegations against a child.

If I may ask, for those of you who post these stories about pedo priests, do you do the research to follow up and ask for what measures and policies are in place to rectify the situation? I ask because it is only fair to look at both sides of the coin. Do you look at what percentage of students are currently enrolled in Catholic schools overall across the US or elsewhere and compare stats of those attending private school to the number not enrolled in Catholic school of abused? I would bet the 14,000 per year tuition it would cost me to send my son to 4 years of Catholic HS that the ratio of pedo's in public schools far exceeds those in Catholic schools.

and I would bet my last few cents.... that while there are still some oversights or sneaky pedo's who fool the community there is in NO way a greater percentage of anyone sneeking by to abuse children attending the Catholic schools or CCD in comparison to other comparible school age children. As a matter of fact, I would suspect my child has a better chance of a gang banger or drug dealer trying to recruit or infleunce him than he would be molested by a Catholic preist.

JMVHO

Cubby

Cubby, I started the thread so I'll answer and I know you don't want to debate it.

I'm a Catholic. Thankfully myself, my siblings and every kid we came up with had no problem with a Priest. Not in all our 12 years of school. Well, I went to an all Girls Catholic High, but my brothers were taught by the Oblates. Altar boys. Worked at Camp Brison. No problem.

No, I didn't do any checking on stats and what the Church is doing presently to ensure they don't have another law suit on their hands. I hear that at Mass. Doin stats in my city alone would only sadden me because they keep closing Parishes down. High schools and grade schools that date back 100 years. Not to brag but Saint John Neumann does reside a few El stops away from me. Body and spirit.

I don't even want to go into this, BUT pedophilia is bad enough. Being raped, sodomized, and groped by the man that hears your CONFESSION? Huge difference. The men we were taugh to respect no matter what? No lay teacher can even come close to that.

I'm not going to sweep it under the rug like our Church did. These two priests are pedophiles. Reoffending pedophiles. I just reported it like I do all the other perverts. The difference here is it saddends me and sickens me to know they are Spiritual Advisors.

Of course just my opinion, but I don't want to bet that $17,000 a year my family and I paid for my DD's last four years in a private all girls High School. I have my faith or I wouldn't have put her through 13 years of Catholic school.

These two guys have their own sins to deal with. I'm just reporting what's going on in the world of reoffending sex offenders and the people that let them keep reoffending.

I hear you. I have one child in Catholic school, 1st grade at 400 per month tuition.
I would have to pay appx 36,000 thousand for him to have 4 years of Catholic HS at todays tuition rate-and he won't start HS until 2017.. That is so not in my budget for High school. It will likely be 50 grand or better for ONE kid in 2017.

I hear you on not being silent. I used to make jokes I would hire 4 guys and the 5 of us would be found on the steps in Rome if anyone messed with my kid.

I don't know who St. John Neuman is.... but I know there are a lot of sick perv's in positions of authority ANYWHERE who will be like sharks given the opportunity. I try to think of it as a whole, and keep in mind while we see the bad, there is always good.

My pedo' experience as a kid was at the local library and some guy flashed my friend and I. It was at the Library, only a half mile from the police station, NOT the catholic school. I don't think it was after school, maybe a weekend? It was a long time ago, and I ran out after the guy calling him every name in the book. BUT I only ran so far I knew, at 10? I was still within 'safe view' of the front door of the library... I knew to stop and go no further if I was not in what I perceived as an adult could see me through a front door, or a window to the building. I KNEW that as a kid. I don't know that my folks taught me that or ???

My worst experience in Catholic school? was more bullying and my teachers, well one who told me I was going to get pregnant in 8th grade. My first pg I was 35. She was off. The second watching a kindegarten boy being thrown into a storage closet with lunch room tables stacked high and the boy could have been hurt. I remember telling his KG teacher who told me to mind my own business... I was in 8th then and I only WISH I knew to wait and tell his mom or dad or whoever picked him up from school. So, I teach my son, tell someone, and if you need to tell someone else do so! BE a BIG MOUTH!

Today, well in todays age in my little Catholic worlds. My son comes home from Catholic school and tells me. Mom, there was a guy who visited my school today in a wheel chair today who has no legs. We learned all about how he is different but we all are different. In other words, don't bully. My son thought he was COOL! and how he could do things with no legs!

My son and I talk about stranger danger. I remind him, if someone asks you to help them look for their lost puppy or kitten, or if a stranger says "your mom told me to pick you up and drive you home". My catholic educated son just yesterday morning told me, MOM, my teacher told me the same thing at our field trip this week.

I ask open ended questions.

As a WS'r my son hears some of the news. He got sick of hearing NG talk about Caylee and Haliegh a year or so ago...

I told him about the thread in the up to the minute today, about the 6 yr old boy who accidently pushed the 5 yr old girl into a pond and she died, and it was an accident. My sons first question, did he go to Juvi? I said, I don't think so because at 6 he did not know she could get hurt. And we talked about other accidents. One which comes to mind of kids playing and pulling a weighted soccor net. I vaguelly recall a very old WS thread about one falling on a kids head.. so we talk about accidents and caution. (and sex thanks to JBeans example -- my first question from my son was when did you have sex with my dad mom? We are not together... Hey, An unexpected one, but at least I KNOW that he knows to ask. )

And then with having a 1st grader in a diverse neighborhood. My son nagged is middle eastern Indian friend non stop until his friend said he believed in Jesus. Talk about trying to explain others beliefs and political correctness and why so and so does not believe in Jesus. The whole Middle eastern male asking questions is for another thread.... talk about none of someones business when his kid has been running without adult supervision and THREE adults in the home since the kid was 4.. and not far from a 6 lane hwy.. to each our own cultures you know.

In other words, what happened in Catholic schools decades ago, does not neccesarily reflect what happens today. Nor does it mean we will ever forget.

I grew up in Chicago. We never forget.... we never forget the 90 or so innocent children who died in the fire at Our Lady of Angels in 1958. But while we remember those lost, we remember we learned and life doesn't only reflect on looking at history to see where we are today. IF we get too stuck in the past we walk backwards only, no?

I just hate seeing those not mention the good things happening in the Catholic church and schooling TODAY.

JMVHO

I am an ex-Catholic due to the predator situation and the church's continued stonewalling. That it is supposedly a "small" percentage of all priests makes not the slightest bit of difference. It's still a hell of a lot of priests. And thousands upon thousands of children all across the world who have been hurt. Yes, they are putting some rules into place NOW to help prevent this. Too little, too late.

It's not even the priests themselves that I am angry about, it's the hierarchy that protected them and allowed them to continue to abuse children. No amount of the pope kissing up will ever undo the harm that has been done. My husband and daughter both went to Catholic schools. They both got good educations. My daughter was touched by a lay teacher. He never came back. But, I believe that is only because he wasn't a priest.

After decades of having the opportunity to do the right thing, the church is only responding now because it is hitting their pocketbook. If it wasn't, they would still be allowing it. I'm sorry, I don't find any mitigating circumstances. I will not make excuses for this organization that is rotten to its core.

FWIW - I'm not a cradle Catholic. I actually went to the trouble of converting as an adult.

I am an ex-Catholic due to the predator situation and the church's continued stonewalling. That it is supposedly a "small" percentage of all priests makes not the slightest bit of difference. It's still a hell of a lot of priests. And thousands upon thousands of children all across the world who have been hurt. Yes, they are putting some rules into place NOW to help prevent this. Too little, too late.

It's not even the priests themselves that I am angry about, it's the hierarchy that protected them and allowed them to continue to abuse children. No amount of the pope kissing up will ever undo the harm that has been done. My husband and daughter both went to Catholic schools. They both got good educations. My daughter was touched by a lay teacher. He never came back. But, I believe that is only because he wasn't a priest.

After decades of having the opportunity to do the right thing, the church is only responding now because it is hitting their pocketbook. If it wasn't, they would still be allowing it. I'm sorry, I don't find any mitigating circumstances. I will not make excuses for this organization that is rotten to its core.

FWIW - I'm not a cradle Catholic. I actually went to the trouble of converting as an adult.

Belinda I am very sorry about what happened to your DD. I hope she is doing alright. I'm truly sorry.

Maybe to just end my posts on this thread (unless I find more of Gauthe news) I can brag a little bit.

Cubby, Saint John Neumann was appropriate for this thread because he established the first system of Parochial schools in most parts of the country. He's a cool Saint and he will never fail you. People from all over the world come here to his see his tomb. He's in a glass I guess it's called a coffin? You can see his body through it. I know sounds gruesome, but it's beautiful. My mom grew up a few blocks from here. I was fortunate enough to be in school still when he was cannonized. They had a huge ceremony here. Huge.

Here's a photograph of him up on the altar if anyone is interested. He appears as a child though when he performs miracles.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xAtnpPNZe...320/St_John_Neumann_incorrupt_body_shrine.jpg

Edit to say if anyone is offended by me posting this as it does seem a tad hypocritical please feel free to remove it. I truly believe Saint John Neumann would have had none of this back in 1852. I'm not naive, but he cures children. One of his miracles was a child who is from here. Nobody like that would hurt a kid.

I am going to bow out, not because I don't care to discuss this, but I wish to walk from debating the problems over the centuries within the Catholic Church` because any debate that I see about the Church must include the whole. and I honestly do not know enough about the church going back to 300 ad or so...

I wish to seek another avenue and for myself that preference is an/the individual case and looking at that individual case under a microscope so I will bow out and go back to my passion and interest. Thanks for sharing with me, your side of the Catholic world. And me allowing to share mine.

Peace to you who wish to continue to explore this area of the church.

I do still hope to run into you on the forum sleuthing other cases here.

Cubby~

I am going to bow out, not because I don't care to discuss this, but I wish to walk from debating the problems over the centuries within the Catholic Church` because any debate that I see about the Church must include the whole. and I honestly do not know enough about the church going back to 300 ad or so...

I wish to seek another avenue and for myself that preference is an/the individual case and looking at that individual case under a microscope so I will bow out and go back to my passion and interest. Thanks for sharing with me, your side of the Catholic world. And me allowing to share mine.

Peace to you who wish to continue to explore this area of the church.

I do still hope to run into you on the forum sleuthing other cases here.

Cubby~

Cubby, did you look at the shrine?

I just did share another side of the church and how Saint John Neumann started parochial schools.

Dang you Cubby don't make me have to come over there and get you.:D

Just found this thread and wanted to add this about one of the many priests and monks at St. John's Abbey & University in MN who are supposed to be on restrictions because of past pedo offenses, but are allowed to roam free on the grounds of the school and college. They are also supposed to be restricted from having any personal websites. But it hasn't stopped them. This guy was a priest in St. Joseph, MN where Jacob Wetterling went missing from, and is now at St. John's U. where Josh Guimond went missing from.

Article taken from the behind the pine curtain website:
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=15

We received a message today via the Feedback page today that Fr. Brennan Maiers’ is the latest offending monk at St. John’s Abbey with a Facebook page, despite restrictions which prohibit personal web sites.

July 9, 2010

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brennan-Maiers/1141982560

Fr. Maiers’ youngest victim was just nine years old. Fr. Brennan Maiers is believed to be one of several offending priests from St. John’s Abbey who served at St. Joseph Parish in St. Joseph, MN during the time that Jacob-Wetterling-Person-of-Interest Dan Rassier was a parishioner.

Fr. Brennan Maiers continues to roam, without restriction, around the St. John’s University and St. John’s Prep School campuses.. and now he is roaming the Internet.

I can barely address priest abuse in a lucid manner. The ongoing, outrageous treatment of these offenders makes me livid with rage. That they are all free to walk among us and select new victims is more than my heart and mind can bear. That the vast majority of them are still being supported by the church gives me heart palpitations.

Just found this thread and wanted to add this about one of the many priests and monks at St. John's Abbey & University in MN who are supposed to be on restrictions because of past pedo offenses, but are allowed to roam free on the grounds of the school and college. They are also supposed to be restricted from having any personal websites. But it hasn't stopped them. This guy was a priest in St. Joseph, MN where Jacob Wetterling went missing from, and is now at St. John's U. where Josh Guimond went missing from.

Article taken from the behind the pine curtain website:
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=15

We received a message today via the Feedback page today that Fr. Brennan Maiers’ is the latest offending monk at St. John’s Abbey with a Facebook page, despite restrictions which prohibit personal web sites.

July 9, 2010

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brennan-Maiers/1141982560

Fr. Maiers’ youngest victim was just nine years old. Fr. Brennan Maiers is believed to be one of several offending priests from St. John’s Abbey who served at St. Joseph Parish in St. Joseph, MN during the time that Jacob-Wetterling-Person-of-Interest Dan Rassier was a parishioner.

Fr. Brennan Maiers continues to roam, without restriction, around the St. John’s University and St. John’s Prep School campuses.. and now he is roaming the Internet.

Of all the things in the world I know this should not be a big deal save this guy is a convicted pedophile who doesn't want to obey the rules, BUT he has the audacity to join the group of Miami's Gay Men's choir.

See, now I am sure this large groups someone who shouldn't even have a social network is joining haven't got a clue.

Sorry that just struck me because some narrow minded person will connect being gay with some freak like this who hurts children. I feel like slapping that sneering looking "smile" off Brennan's ugly *advertiser censored*s face.

shergal thank you for all the information. Please Belinda don't go having a tachyacardia.

As an aside I checked. The nowhere to go Gauthe has a new addy.

Two. Count 'em two pedophile priests are around kids. Or will be.

First we have the esteemed Father Oliver O'Grady who was BUSTED working in a Rotterdam Catholic Church as a deacon. Bless his heart because it's a shelter for abused women and children.

Being a Priest and all Father should know thay telling a lie is a sin. So, why was he working under an alias at of all places somewhere kids were already victims. O'Grady was the foucs of a documentary "Deliver Us From Evil". Now he should be the subject of a documentary "I'm a reoffending pedophile of the very worse kind". This guy was not from the States though. Ireland. Then he's off to Rotterdam? How's that work?

Back home we have the infamous Father Gilbert Gauthe. He's the guy that started the ball rolling with the abuse in the Church in the States. Gauthe served his time and now he's moving. To Texas. Next door to a woman who babysits her grandkids.

That's just excellent. My head hurts.

http://blogs.alternet.org/cityofang...-in-holland-one-fresh-out-of-prison-in-texas/

Busted! Again! Defrocked Oliver O'Grady left his laptop on a plane which contained 280,000 images of child *advertiser censored*. Depicting children as young a two years old.

His attorney said he's an isolated man ya know? Being he had to move from Ireland to California back in the day. This caused this?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...80000-childporn-images-on-plane-16111137.html

........and not his only bust with child *advertiser censored* either since last post on him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back