Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
Report: W. Columbia homicide victim sought help before
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 2:01 AM
Updated: Apr 28, 2010 4:40 AM

12379291_BG1.jpg

Gerardo Villarreal Rodriguez

WEST COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - West Columbia police need help tracking down a man they say is involved with a Monday afternoon homicide.

Police say 37-year-old Gerardo Villarreal Rodriguez ditched a Dodge Ram pick-up truck at the Walgreens at the corner of Augusta and Leaphart Roads Monday night. Police believe Rodriguez was picked up by someone and may be in Columbia, Elgin or in the Raleigh area.

Officials say the incident happened around 4:15 p.m. Monday on Burham Street. Yadira Rodriguez was found next to a home lying in a puddle of her own blood and wearing nothing but her underwear. Investigators believe the victim is the suspect's wife.

According to the police incident report, officers were called to the address for a domestic violence complaint. They arrived to find Yadira Rodriguez lying in driveway unresponsive and bleeding from the upper torso.

Rodriguez was transported to Lexington Medical by EMS and pronounced dead upon arrival.

In the incident report, the victim's sister said that the victim was stabbed with a kitchen knife numerous times by the suspect.

Authorities also believe the incident occurred when the victim's five children and her sister were inside the home.

Despite the violent scene, neighbors say they didn't hear anything to indicate a homicide.

"I'm sitting in the kitchen having a sandwich and I didn't even hear her scream," said Renee Coffee. "I didn't hear anything."

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379291

This is an outrage! WHY didn't they drag this monster's arse to jail and get her a protective order when she got beaten with a broom?? Maybe she declined to press charges then? Poor woman, what a brute. I feel horrible for her children.

ETA: It's a shame that even if someone's here illegally, which may or may not be the case for this woman, they should still feel able to reach out for help without fear of getting in trouble. This is just such a crying shame and was so preventable. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back