GUILTY IL - Kassandra Caceres, 20, stabbed to death, Carpentersville, 25 April 2010

Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
Charges in Carpentersville birthday party slaying
April 26, 2010 2:27 PM |

LOYOLA100.jpg

Bail was set at $1 million today for a Carpentersville woman charged with fatally stabbing a woman over the weekend while she was in a fight with another woman over being asked to leave a birthday party, police said.

Jacqueline S. Loyola, 18, of the 2100 block of Tepee Avenue was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the death of Kassandra Caceres, 20, of Aurora. Loyola attended a bond hearing this morning in the Elgin branch court.

Loyola had a party Saturday night of about a dozen people to celebrate her 19th birthday. She had asked Caceres and a group of about six to seven people to leave, said Detective Sgt. Todd Shaver. He said the group originally was invited but then an argument ensued in which they were asked to leave.

Caceres and another woman then got into a fight outside the house when Loyola stabbed her in the back with a large kitchen knife, Shaver said. He said someone at the house called 911 at about 1:45 a.m. to report a stabbing.

Caceres' friends carried her and put her into a car to take her to a hospital, Shaver said. Around the same time, police and paramedics arrived, found Caceres unresponsive in the car and gave her first aid.

She was transported to Sherman Hospital in Elgin where she was pronounced dead, Shaver said. An autopsy is expected to be performed Tuesday.

Loyola was immediately arrested after making statements at the scene implicating herself in the stabbing, Shaver said. He said police recovered the knife.

She is next due in court on May 7.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...yola-homicide-stabbing-kassandra-caceres.html

Wow, she looks so angry and defiant in her mug shot IMO. I don't see any remorse in her face at all for killing another young woman. Why didn't she just call LE to have the girl and her friends removed from her party if there was a problem? I just don't understand some of today's youth that seem to place so little value on life!

Waiting until her 18th birthday, so she could be charged as an adult, was not a wise decision for her. But I hope they use it to teach her that, despite what she might think, she is not the centre of the world and, no, she can't do anything she wants. Lessons most people learn before the age of 18, I hope.

ETA: Sorry, I just realized it was her 19th birthday she was celebrating.

They always seem to have that defiant stare in their mugshots.

A few decades in a prison cell should soften that expression a bit.

From December 2011:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20111222/news/712229796/

A judge Thursday sentenced a Carpentersville woman to four years probation and nearly $8,000 restitution for funeral costs after she pleaded guilty to stabbing and killing an Aurora woman who was an uninvited guest at her 19th birthday party.

Jacqueline Loyola, now 20, also must perform 100 hours of community service and continue counseling as part of the sentence for second-degree murder issued by Kane County Judge Timothy Sheldon... for stabbing Kassandra Caceres, 20, of Aurora, in the back several times after Caceres punched and kicked Loyola's 16-year-old sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back