701 users online (101 members and 600 guests)  

Websleuths News

Henry Lee Lucas closed cases

not sure if this is the right place for this thread but does anyone know how I would find the list of cases that were actually closed because of Henry Lee Lucas? I think there were like 213 cases police closed based on his confessions. I'm doing research for a book I am writing and I believe Henry Lee Lucas may have been blamed for a murder comitted by someone else,I'm looking a young caucasian female victims between 1980-1983 in Houston, TX

oh and in an unrelated question does anyone know if court transcripts are public record? Can I buy them from the county clerk or are they even available?
    Last edited by wishgirl87; 04-29-2010 at 03:52 PM.

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to comment that he confessed then recanted to several murders around the area of Lubbock where I live. One girl's parents spent a lot of money and time proving that he did not kill these women, but I never even see them listed as cold cases in the news or hear one word. Hope you are able to find something, because there's probably quite a few murderers walking around free after Lucas's confessions.