Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Found Deceased :GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - Missing Mom

That is one poorly written story...same info repeated about four times...
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Anyone know if Sunday had a blackberry and if so, was it missing???

I noticed Herman commented on May 20th that he had a new toy...he went on to say "I got me a blackberry and been playing for hours..."

IMO, he has already proven HE IS THAT STUPID.
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Been quite a few poorly written articles in the last 24 hours. I said before and will say again - how infuriated I am how now that her body has been discovered all the media want to jump on it (some smearing her name).. but when we emailed and pleaded for them to run a story while she was missing, no one would touch it. Not a story till a murder and arrests? BS

Still have not seen anything on the press conference today.. has anyone else?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:

following up to my previous post about Herman having a blackberry

IRONICALLY

Herman loaded the facebook for blackberry application on May 12th or 13th - an entire freaking week prior to him commenting he even had a blackberry...

like I said, HE IS THAT STUPID!
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

reviewing Herman's FB wall

From what I see - Herman did not even mention Sunday's disappearance on his FB wall until May 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    From what I see - Herman did not even mention Sunday's disappearance on his FB wall until May 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He also posted everyday before she went mising and everyday after, but not the day of.

Is there a copy of his FB posts out there now? I saw the one article that was a video talking about, wasn't sure if someone captured it. I kick myself now for not doing it. I went back to early april when i was reading it. Should have thought to do it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:

This reminds me so much of the Karen Slover murder in the midwest a decade or more ago...a divorced mom, having to use the in-laws as babysitters...she gets offered a modeling contract out of state, makes plans to move and then vanishes...

Turns out old mother-in-law wanted baby for herself, so she, her husband and the ex-husband,(her son) shot Karen and her body parts washed up in a lake. Later, LE was able to find the zipper or a button from her pants on their property as well as doggie DNA from their dogs on Karen and all three were convicted. Sickening.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

From the Tifton Gazette - May 28th

Mother-in-law, two others charged in Blombergh death

TIFTON — Three people, including the victim's mother-in-law, have been arrested in connection with the death of Sunday Blombergh, 28, who disappeared April 22, authorities said Friday.

More arrests and charges are expected, authorities said.

Roy Herman Evans, 44, and Ruby Anne Evans, 45, both of 49 Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County near Lenox, are each charged with murder. Kenneth Randall Tomlinson, 48, of 311 Virginia Ave., Apt. 422, in Tifton, is charged with concealing Blombergh’s death.

The Evanses are husband and wife, and Ruby Evans is the mother of Sunday Blombergh’s estranged husband, who is the father of Blombergh’s seven-year-old daughter.

Tomlinson is a friend of Herman Evans, according to authorities. All three are being held in the Tift County Jail without bond and were expected to make their first court appearance Friday afternoon.

District Attorney Paul Bowden said there could be additional charges made against the Evans couple and Tomlinson, and also there could be additional arrests when his office has “the opportunity to review the file.”

“We met at length and talked about different individuals involved in the investigation and death,” Bowden said. “At least one more will be arrested.”

During a press conference Friday at the Tift County Sheriff’s Office, GBI agent Mark Pro said one of the trio arrested had cooperated with authorities and led them to Blombergh’s body. A person involved in the investigation confirmed that Tomlinson was the cooperative suspect. When asked if anyone had confessed to killing Blombergh, Bowden responded, “We’re not at liberty to comment on specifics of what the evidence will show.”

Blombergh’s badly decomposed body was found Thursday afternoon in a wooded area in Colquitt County near the Tift County line, authorities said. The body was found in deep woods accessed from near the bridge at the dead end of Vickers Bridge Road, said Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock. The location was between Ellenton and Lenox.

Brock said he was called out to that area at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday. The condition of the body prevented him from determining the person’s sex or age, he said. The body was turned over to the Tift County Coroner’s Office.

“It is our expectation that evidence will show that Sunday and her child lived with Ruby and, basically, Ruby wanted the child,” said Tift County Sheriff Gary Vowell. “Sunday was preparing to move to Tallahassee to go to work and had decided to leave the child with Ruby so she could finish the school year.”

Vowell said that he and others involved in the investigation didn’t believe Blombergh had been held against her will for any period of time before she was killed. He said he couldn’t exactly say the date of her death and that her body had been sent to a GBI crime lab for an autopsy that, it is hoped, will determine the time and manner of her death.

Authorities on Thursday searched the house at 49 Briarwood Lane that Blombergh and her daughter had shared with the Evans couple; the house had been searched previously. Pro, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s assistant special agent in charge of the case, said authorities returned to gather more evidence Thursday after interviews with suspects.

[....snipped / removed unnecessary heresay]

Late Thursday afternoon, David Haire, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, told the Gazette that the family had been notified that Blombergh’s body had been found, but he refused further comment and would not say where or when the body was discovered, or if foul play was suspected, or if anyone had been arrested.

However, Colquitt County Sheriff Al Whittington later confirmed that a man had been charged in connection with the case.

The GBI’s “Mark Pro will clear up any questions and illustrate why information wasn’t disseminated sooner,” Sheriff Vowell said during the press conference Friday.

“We were in the process of recovering Sunday’s body and interviewing and obtaining warrants,” Vowell said. “In no way was there any conspiracy or mystery pertaining to this case. We just wanted to get it right the first time. I hope you understand, especially my local media folks.”

Blombergh was the subject of an extended search after she disappeared. Her sisters told The Tifton Gazette that Blombergh had past drug problems but was believed to have been clean for some time and doing well.

Reportedly, Blombergh was packing in preparation for one of her sisters to transport her to Tallahassee, Fla., where she was starting a new job, on the day she disappeared.

Jennifer Caswell, a family friend who served as captain of “Team Sunday,” said during the press conference that it was important to note that Sunday was “a beautiful person with a beautiful smile.”

“She was a loving mother and the family is absolutely torn apart with this loss,” Caswell said. “There has been an outpouring of love and prayers.”

Caswell praised the GBI, the Tift Sheriff’s Office, Tallahassee Police, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and agents with the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and with the Drug Enforcement Agency for their work in the case.

“They’ve been wonderful,” Caswell said. “We will continue to pray and do what it takes to get justice from whomever was involved and get through this. It’s inconceivable that there’s such a disrespect for human life. It’s horrible and it’s a nightmare. Sunday’s family would never knowingly put Sunday in danger. We want the people to know who did the crime.”

Pro said that evidence indicates that drug use was a factor by some of those involved in the case, but he didn’t elaborate. He said Blombergh’s daughter was removed from the Briarwood Lane home as soon as her mother was reported missing. He wouldn’t say who had the child but indicated the young girl was safe.

Caswell said that Blombergh’s family “had no reason to believe that she was still on drugs. She was doing very well,” Caswell said. “Everybody has their problems, but Sunday was doing great.”

Although the outcome was not what had been hoped, Pro said it was a blessing for the family that the mystery of Blombergh’s disappearance had been solved so quickly.

“It’s closure for the family,” Pro said. “Tara Grinstead’s family is still living their nightmare.”

Grinstead, an Irwin County High School teacher, disappeared from Ocilla without a trace on Oct. 22, 2005.
    Last edited by tarabull; 05-29-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary statements

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

The body was found in deep woods accessed from near the bridge at the dead end of Vickers Bridge Road, said Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock. The location was between Ellenton and Lenox.
    According to google maps, all that time Sunday was less than a 30 minute drive from the house on Briarwood Lane - barely 20 miles.

May the murdering SOB's all rot in hell.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday you deserved so much more out of life Rest in peace beautiful girl.

Memorial Day Weekend has just taken on a whole new meaning to those that were lucky enough to know you!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

So who thinks the 4th to be charged is Theo?
    I personally don't.. but who knows?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:

Confused

[quote=tarabull;5230907][URL="http://tiftongazette.com/local/x1174313739/ ...
    “It is our expectation that evidence will show that Sunday and her child lived with Ruby and, basically, Ruby wanted the child,” said Tift County Sheriff Gary Vowell. “Sunday was preparing to move to Tallahassee to go to work and had decided to leave the child with Ruby so she could finish the school year.”
    .[/quote]

So if Sunday was not taking Isabella to Tallahassee that day, why did they kill her on that day?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bmore For This Useful Post:

Maybe the argued about her taking the child that day and they just...killed her...they may not have planned to do it that day...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bmore View Post
    So if Sunday was not taking Isabella to Tallahassee that day, why did they kill her on that day?
    I'm not expecting any of this to ever make sense...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Maybe Sunday told Ruby she changed her mind and wanted to take her back to Florida that day. At any rate, it would have only been a month before school was out. Izzy would not have been with Ruby for long.

That is just of many questions I have too.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by c@rol View Post
    So who thinks the 4th to be charged is Theo?
    I personally don't.. but who knows?
    Where did Herman's daughter live...what was she doing the day Sunday went missing? It sounds like she's just horrible enough to help daddy in a crime.

One question:

According to media reports, Sunday had planned to leave Izzy there while she went to florida. Is that correct? Why would they kill her over Izzy if she was leaving Izzy there anyway?? ETA: sorry, Bmore...didn't see your post. Thanks for asking..you aren't the only one who's confused!!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Another question, did Sunshine actually drive to Tifton that day?
    Supposedly Sunday called Ruby who was at work and asked her to bring her a pack of cigarettes that day. Ruby said she came home and Sunday was not there. Did she call Sunshine and inform her Sunday was gone? When exactly was Sunday reported missing?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    Where did Herman's daughter live...what was she doing the day Sunday went missing? It sounds like she's just horrible enough to help daddy in a crime.

One question:

According to media reports, Sunday had planned to leave Izzy there while she went to florida. Is that correct? Why would they kill her over Izzy if she was leaving Izzy there anyway?? ETA: sorry, Bmore...didn't see your post. Thanks for asking..you aren't the only one who's confused!!
    Her highschool is listed as one in Nashville GA - seems to me she is young enough to still be attending.

Last night on Herman's FB wall she claimed to have been with her dad when Sunday went missing...

Just saying.
    Last edited by tarabull; 05-29-2010 at 01:17 AM.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Another question, did Sunshine actually drive to Tifton that day?
    Supposedly Sunday called Ruby who was at work and asked her to bring her a pack of cigarettes that day. Ruby said she came home and Sunday was not there. Did she call Sunshine and inform her Sunday was gone? When exactly was Sunday reported missing?
    Not sure knox, good question tho....

One thing is really buggin me after reading this from the above link to the Tifton Gazette report:

[GBI agent] Pro said that evidence indicates that drug use was a factor by some of those involved in the case, but he didn’t elaborate. He said Blombergh’s daughter was removed from the Briarwood Lane home as soon as her mother was reported missing. He wouldn’t say who had the child but indicated the young girl was safe.
    I THINK it's pretty obvious DRUG USE WAS A FACTOR BY THOSE COMITTING THE CRIME!!

I CAN NOT freaking IMAGINE IZZY IN THAT HOUSE when anything went down!!!!

Hopefully she was in school.

But something tells me that house was not a good place for Izzy on any given day - not just April 22nd, 2010.
    Last edited by tarabull; 05-29-2010 at 01:17 AM.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

I noticed on Ruby's myspace that she is friends with Promise and Sunshine and in fact they were quite loving to each other...

There is some other lady on there who asks why there is no photos of her and her kids...I dont know if it was a joke but she sounds narky and says...I know you're embarassed about us......so I dont know if this is her daughter or not....

Also on Sunshines myspace one of her blogs is about how her stepmother use to drop her and her siblings off at the park and leave them for hours.....

I dont think they had a happy upbringing.......also Sunday had been in jail......so I think her short life was not happy for alot of the time.......

I know this is all besides the point but it just makes me sad as it does sound like she had started to get it all together.....
    REVAMPZ

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by revampz View Post
    I noticed on Ruby's myspace that she is friends with Promise and Sunshine and in fact they were quite loving to each other...

There is some other lady on there who asks why there is no photos of her and her kids...I dont know if it was a joke but she sounds narky and says...I know you're embarassed about us......so I dont know if this is her daughter or not....

Also on Sunshines myspace one of her blogs is about how her stepmother use to drop her and her siblings off at the park and leave them for hours.....

I dont think they had a happy upbringing.......also Sunday had been in jail......so I think her short life was not happy for alot of the time.......

I know this is all besides the point but it just makes me sad as it does sound like she had started to get it all together.....
    If this is not allowed here mods please delete but since the subject of Sunday's upbringing was brought to the table I feel that this article hints that thru her own upbringing Sunday knew what was right and that she likely knew she had a means of getting where she needed to be and yes I agree she was working her way into a groove perhaps even from a rut. Maybe the reality of leaving Izzy there hit her that day and yes maybe she had said, you know what I've had a change of heart and Izzy will be leaving with me.

Day Care Gives Mother Of 7 A Chance To Become Provider

ETA: Sunday would have been 5 years old when this story was written...

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

I found this picture of Ruby Evans posted on someone's MS (no NOT Sunday's) anyways this is what Ruby wrote under it - I guess it's not good to piss Grandma Ruby off??!?! (she looks like the crazy whacked out mother in the movie Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Grandma Ruby
    RUBY CONOLY EVANS
    23 May 2007 18:40
    you could die for posting this... how can i ever find a sugar daddy with ads like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Is that on her sister's Myspace page?
    Have you noticed she seems to have issues with getting older? Her words are cloaked in humor, but you get the sense it really bothers her.

Speaking of sugar daddy. HE's Mother owns the florist Ruby works at, I looked up the business record.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Is that on her sister's Myspace page?
    Have you noticed she seems to have issues with getting older? Her words are cloaked in humor, but you get the sense it really bothers her.

Speaking of sugar daddy. HE's Mother owns the florist Ruby works at, I looked up the business record.
    No not her sisters MS....but DE's MS.

Ruby's issue with age is slightly ironic since she labelled herself Grandma on both MS & FB.

Good work discovering she was a slave to her MIL's grind - haha!

I wonder which came first - the chicken or the egg....

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Wondered that myself ... Working there and then met Mr. Charming? The photo of Theo in front of the florist van is dated 01/02/2008, so we know she worked there for at least the last two years.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

video from inside the courtroom incase anyone missed it...

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast