Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Deceased :GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - Missing Mom

I have some questions, if anyone knows the answers, maybe it could tell us more.

Why did Sunday move to Tifton? It seems to be a remote location for someone without a car.

Where was Sunday working and how did she get to work?

Was the money Sunday had saved to buy a car found? Was it in a bank? or ???

Had Sunday actually packed her things yet?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

More questions, why was Ruby, Sunday Blombergh's mother-in-law, coming to Tifton?
    It appears to be about 2 hours from Tallahassee to Tifton. Did she regularly visit Sunday? If Sunday's sister was already coming to move her back to Florida, why wouldn't Ruby wait a day? What was the relationship between Sunday, her estranged husband, and Ruby? Who had physical custody of Sunday's daughter?

AND

Who was Sunday's roommate in Tifton? What does this person say?

So many questions unanswered and LE almost seem to be looking the other way. jmo
    Media doesn't seem interested around Georgia, either...
    Last edited by fhc; 05-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

I'd like to see the answers to your questions too FHC. IIRC I think it was said SB was living with Ruby in Tifton. I believe she (Ruby) owns or works at a florist there. I'll go back and see if that's correct.

So did Sunday come to Tifton from Texas? It would be nice to get some details about Sunday's life prior to her going missing.
    Last edited by Knox; 05-03-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: add

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Someone on the Nancy Grace Facebook page is saying Sunday is the 2nd young woman who's disappeared in this area in the past few weeks?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

For anyone who wants to browse ...
    http://tiftongazette.com/policereports

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Someone on the Nancy Grace Facebook page is saying Sunday is the 2nd young woman who's disappeared in this area in the past few weeks?
    There are many endangered runaways in the last few weeks:
    on the right of the page:
    http://www.hellotifton.com/crime.cfm
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Per DWI case # 173187 in TX - her DOB is 1/25/82
    Sunday Eliz. Blombergh

Click on this link at the brazoria-county.com, type in her last name and you will see her husband's full legal name. Last name same as mother-in-law Ruby's middle name.(Ruby DOB FEB 1965)
    http://records.brazoria-county.com/J...ch/civfrmd.asp

Looks like the divorce process was never followed through.
    'Dismissed for want of prosecution''

definition:

A case may be dismissed for want of prosecution (DWOP)on failure of any party seeking affirmative relief to appear for any hearing or trial, or failing to take certain specified actions of which the party had notice. Once signed, the DWOP dismissal order has the effect of closing the case. It constitutes a final order disposing of all claims. The dismissal for want of prosecution is without prejudice, meaning that the case can be refiled and res judicata will not be a viable defense.

He lives in Tallahassee, looks to be a native of that town.
    Tifton, GA to Tallahassee is approx 89 miles. Pretty much a straight shot on Hwy 319.
    Last edited by FifthEssence; 05-03-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: correct sp of surname /link to court records/ ditance Tifton to Tallah.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity Matters View Post
    The father of Sunday's baby is Theo Wayne Conoly, age 30. Sunday and Theo were married on 04/11/03. Theo lives in Tallahassee, FL. Here is his myspace profile link.

http://www.myspace.com/theotard
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarity Matters View Post
    Here is a myspace profile for the mother-in-law of Sunday Blombergh. Her name is Ruby Conoly Evans (aka Grandma Ruby) and she lives in Tifton, Georgia (Tift County).

http://www.myspace.com/rubyevans1
    Bringing forward.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Sunday had been living at 49 Briarwood Lane, Lenox, GA.
    I think I made a mistake in saying she was living with Gma Ruby, still trying to verify.
    There is one RSO living on Briarwood.
    Last edited by Knox; 05-03-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Sunday was planning to move to Tallahassee, Fla the day she disappeared ....not much else here: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003316.html
    Again, wonder WHY she wanted her friend to pretend to be her boyfriend. Also, wonder who might not want Sunday to leave. Sunday was, most likely, taking her daughter with her. Who didn't want one or both of them to go?
    Last edited by krista; 05-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Sunday was leaving her daughter with her Grandmother so she could finish the school year. Good question, who did not want her to leave?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Maybe someone didn't want Sunday moving back to Tallahassee...Who might be threatened by Sunday returning?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Knox and fhc, hopefully the post below will help answer some of your questions. Sunday and her daughter were living with Sunday's mother-in-law, Ruby Conoly Evans. I wonder if Sunday had access to one of the delivery vehicles for the floral business, Our Flower & Gift Gallery, that is located at 115 E. Third St. in Tifton, GA. In one of the pictures posted at Ruby's myspace site, her son Theo (Sunday's husband) is leaning against a vehicle with the above business information printed on the side panel.

May 3, 2010
    Search continues for missing woman

Angie Thompson/Senior Reporter CNHI

TIFTON — Family and friends of a missing Tift County woman continued their search for her last weekend with the help of people on horseback.

“I hate to say this, but all day from sun up to sun down we are checking woods,” said Sunshine Blombergh, a sister of missing 27-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

Sunday disappeared from her Tift County home on April 22. She and her young school-aged daughter was living with Sunday’s mother-in-law, Ruby Evans, in a home on Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County.

Sunshine Blombergh of Tallahassee, Fla., said Monday afternoon that friends, relatives and interested residents from the area, including some from Tallahassee, rode on horseback trying to find any trace of Sunday. Both Sunshine and another sister, Promise Blombergh of Miami, said that Sunday would not leave her young daughter so long without letting someone know and would never decline to answer her cell phone if one of her sisters called.

Sunshine Blombergh said the family wants the public to know that Sunday is not in any kind of legal trouble.

“If someone is hiding information to protect her, that’s not the situation,” she said. “She hasn’t done anything wrong. We are trying to find her because something is wrong. If anyone has any information, please come forward with it.”

Blombergh said that she and a brother were to meet with a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent at the Tift County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon. She and others continue to hope for the best for their sister as they continue searching for her near the house where she lived.

“It’s been a hard week,” Blombergh said. “I don’t know the area and we are just driving. If we see woods, we get out and search.”

She asked that landowners in that area search their properties for possible clues to Sunday’s disappearance.

“All I know to do is look and be out there searching,” she said. “We are also on the streets at night talking to people and driving around and searching.”

It is believed that the last time Sunday was seen was at the home of Ruby Evans on the morning of April 22. Sunshine Blombergh told The Tifton Gazette last week that she was scheduled to pick up her sister at the home and plans were that Sunday would get a job in Tallahassee, visit her daughter here until school was out for summer break and then move the daughter to Tallahassee with her.

Sunday Blombergh is approximately 5 feet and 7 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds. She has long brown hair and hazel eyes.

The family has created a website at www.findsunday.com and are hoping to raise enough money to erect a billboard about their sister’s disappearance and to hire a private investigator. There is also information about the disappearance posted on Sunday Blombergh’s Facebook page online.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Tift County Sheriff’s Office at 229-388-6020 or the GBI at 229-777-2080.

http://tiftongazette.com/homepage/x1...-missing-woman
    Last edited by Clarity Matters; 05-04-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Add information

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clarity Matters For This Useful Post:

Some interesting things being said in the comments section of this news story ...
    http://www.wctv.tv/wswg/headlines/92...ction=comments

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Some interesting things being said in the comments section of this news story ...
    http://www.wctv.tv/wswg/headlines/92...ction=comments

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Free, Reign, Sunshine, Promise, Sunday.....family sure likes unusual names!

Did she have a computer and if so, have LE looked at it?
    IMO

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

this is my first post

Hi, all. I have been lurking on Haleighs forum for over a year. I got a real computer account, all so I could post here on Sunday...I found this place when one of my best friends' brother went missing. He is still missing to this day.

Now, someone else I know is gone. The media report saying "the police do not suspect foul play" What?! I am not close with her, because she is part of a larger group I do not have anything to do with, but have met her and talked to her on several occasions over the years. She would never, ever just leave her daughter. Yes, she used to have some problems and I do not know if they followed her to GA. But that is not why she is missing. I am looking at the similar aspects to other South GA cases, esp. Tara Grinstead. These young women had one thing they shared that really stands out: THEY both stood out. You'd have to be from around here to understand what I mean right off the bat but...they did not "blend in" whatsoever. Not too many smart, pretty girls in this area.

The family is not getting the kind of information they need or technical help they deserve from the Police. They should have had pings and phone records being examined by now. They should have had dogs out there, day 1. Why is it like this? There are two rivers one on either side of where she disappeared What about RSOs' in the areas' pings?

Either someone she knew did not want her leaving (possibly a secret relationship) or someone familiar but not close (to her personally) was waiting, and acted ...
    "But the eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart" -The little prince

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coonbottom Gal For This Useful Post:

Welcome Coonbottom Gal (love your screen name)!!
    Can you give us an idea of why Sunday was in Georgia? Any idea what kind of job she had or where she was working there? Friends she had made?

I agree with you about the slow response from LE. But it sounds like the GBI is now involved. Sister and Brother were supposed to meet with them on Monday.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

To all the Blombergh family, i want you to knowthat I am doing all I can to help in these trying times....I have sent info and pics to my froends in SC, SC TX and Mich. I will keep my eyes and ears open to everything ..also i am staying in contact with Jane Vallez Mitchell and Nancy grace trying to push to have them do coverage on Sunday...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cwil1979 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    This is confusing. She was separated, lived with a roomate, was moving and supposed to be buying a car with help from her dad. Her sister had to talked to her earlier in the day about meeting with her.
    So who did she leave with, and where is her child?
    Another item I read said she was waiting for her sister to pick her up. Her sister Sunshine that is. i read that on the facebook wall for Sunday.

Sunday was originally from Tallahassee FL when she and her husband moved to Tifton, GA. Well, she and he separated and proceeded to divorce. She resided with her daughter at her MIL's home. On the morning of her disappearance, according to the MIL, Sunday phones her MIL (I'm presuming at work) and asked if she could please bring her a pack of cigarettes. The MIL says ok. In the meantime, and shortly after that call, she speaks with her sister Sunshine who is coming from Florida to pick up Sunday to move back to Florida. Her daughter was going to stay with Gramma until school was completed. Sunshine is in the middle of packing and confirms the time to meet with her sister at 3pm.
    Further according to the MIL, The mother in law arrives and stated "no Sunday". She was not at home. So something happened between the calls in the early morning to the time the MIL arrived in mid morning. Sunday's dad lives in TX. He came from TX and is now in GA helping to look for Sunday. Everyone in the family says she would never ever leave her daughter. She was looking forward to going back to Tallahassee, Florida to begin anew. And now she is missing
    Last edited by Lavanda Dolce; 05-05-2010 at 08:24 PM.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Sunday is a very beautiful woman, a mother, a sister and daughter, I really pray that no harm has come to her....
    Just my, no one elses

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momrockz View Post
    This one isn't getting much attention. Wonder where the daughter is? Hope we get more information soon.
    Daughter is now with her sister.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this is ok (Haleighs forum has its own thread for this)
    But I have had strong messages about the person behind this.
    I need to check GA RSO list and see if they a vehicle information...FL does.
    I am going to throw it out here...sometimes I am so right it's a little scary.

He is mid thirties to forties. He is a skilled trades person...someone around businesses and/or homes, doing one particular thing like cabinets or floors or masonry.
    I have seen a small, old truck...like one of those little, late 70's early 80's nissans or toyota. An unusual shade of blue.

This would put him around people from that area, from Tifton to Ocilla. He would be able to observe without being obtrusive.

I could be wrong, wrong, wrong....

Maybe it dosen't matter. It was a very strong message, though. I wish I could remote view, but alas that is not my gift.

JMfeeling.
    "But the eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart" -The little prince

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coonbottom Gal For This Useful Post:

One thing that caught my attention. I was browsing the Tifton County website and found this. http://www.tiftcounty.org/departmentHome.php?dp=9
    Just caught my eye and I wondered if there were inspections happening in the area of Sunday's home when she went missing?

There is an RSO living at 19 Briarwood Lane, noted that a few posts upstream.
    Thank you for sharing that vision CBG, I did not see vehicle descriptions in the Georgia RSO website, too bad all States are not as forward thinking as Florida in that regard.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Interesting ... The RSO's address of 19 Briarwood Lane, Lenox, GA does not pop up on the Tift County property records search. Although it says his address was confirmed on 09/15/09.

I suck at mapping, anyone else want to take a stab at mapping 49 Briarwood Lane, Lenox, GA? I would like to see it from a little bit of a distance, so we can see how close some of the neighbors might be, shared access roads, etc.

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast