Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

An interesting motion was filed today

04-30-2010 Objection
    to Courts Order on Defendants Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge

What does it mean and who was it filed by?

pdf of the objection
    http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/c..._30_motion.pdf
    Last edited by QB.; 04-30-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add link for motion

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QB. View Post

04-30-2010 Objection

truTv commenting now -

The defense filed it. They are responding to the tone of the Judge's Order.
    Specifically, the "self-aggrandizing media hounds" comment and "footnotes"

IOW : spitting back in JS's face. No other possible point to that motion
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

04-30-2010 Objection

pdf of the objection

Cheney Mason said in open court that H Lee once accepted a crate of oranges.......we all heard it yet now is claiming that Judge STrickland wouldn't know that?????

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

04-30-2010 Objection

pdf of the objection
    "boo hoo, that mean ole judge Stickland hurt my feelings when he pointed out my glaringly obvious shortcomings in his order recusing himself.

It's not enough that I get the order to rule my way, that mean ole judge shoulda kissed my hiney on the way out the door. Someone get over here and MAKE HIM!"

JB's got some serious cojones, either that or he really is the dumbest attorney I have ever seen (and I work with and for attorneys on a daily basis, so that is saying something folks).
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    "boo hoo, that mean ole judge Stickland hurt my feelings when he pointed out my glaringly obvious shortcomings in his order recusing himself.

It's not enough that I get the order to rule my way, that mean ole judge shoulda kissed my hiney on the way out the door. Someone get over here and MAKE HIM!"

JB's got some serious cojones, either that or he really is the dumbest attorney I have ever seen (and I work with and for attorneys on a daily basis, so that is saying something folks).
    Interesting to note that JB, although listed on this objection, has not signed it. Check page 8 for the only signature by defense on this objection.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

What is the point? Other than to get the last word. IMO, that is just ridiculous. He doesn't ask for anything in the motion, does he? Looks like to me he just wants it on the record that he doesn't like the way JS responded. Amazing, that he wouldn't just let it go. They got what they asked for...which was for JS to step down. And I guess he filed it before he went into court today.
    Last edited by LC446; 04-30-2010 at 12:08 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LC446 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

This objection is laughable it's so juvenile. If that's the standard that Mr Cheney wants to adhere to - have at it ol' boy!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyLu For This Useful Post:

He spelled out all the insults given by JS...just in case anyone who didn't read the motion didn't get a good laugh at his expense!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    truTv commenting now -

The defense filed it. They are responding to the tone of the Judge's Order.
    Specifically, the "self-aggrandizing media hounds" comment and "footnotes"

IOW : spitting back in JS's face. No other possible point to that motion

Umm, didn't they just run to the media??

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Umm, didn't they just run to the media??
    Exactly. This is the most childish, immature motion I have EVER seen in my life.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

I'm awestruck at the sheer audacity of this motion. Or, should it be called a motion or an answer to JS's order?

Apparently it hasn't occured to them that one day they might have to appear before JS again?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to What'sThatClue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by What'sThatClue View Post
    I'm awestruck at the sheer audacity of this motion. Or, should it be called a motion or an answer to JS's order?

Apparently it hasn't occured to them that one day they might have to appear before JS again?

Cheney Mason doesn't care at all. He is retiring after the Anthony case.
    He just threw his co-counsel to the wolves, though. Nice.
    Last edited by beach; 04-30-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

It doesn't seem to request any action (such as sanctions or reversal of the Order) simply a sort of last word from defense team.

Think of it as a "dear John" letter to Judge Strickland

Dear Judge,

We acknowledge your Order recusing yourself from the case but want it on the record that we were insulted by the wording of your order as it reflected on us in a bad light. We also think it was unfair for you to suggest that the media got hold of the motion prior to filing through us. Someone from the press must have seen one of us going into the courthouse with papers and then used their pyschic abilities to read what our motion (asking you to step down) contained and reporting on it prior to our actually getting it filed.

We also take exception to the way you accuse us of filing the motion at the 11th hour when really, we filed the motion at quarter til the 11th hour if you must know.

Lastly, we were very isulted when you made official notice of our error in notarizing the Motion to Recuse with an outdated no longer valid notary stamp.

Long Objection short, you've embarrassed us.

No love lost here,

Casey's boys (and Diana)
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

This is unbelievable the defense has filed a motion (actually a statement) in response to JS GRANTING THEIR MOTION.

Last edited by butterfly1978; 04-30-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

28. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

This statement/motion is one of the greatest moments in audacity that I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    This is unbelievable the defense has filed a motion (actually a statement) in response to JS GRANTING THEIR MOTION.

http://http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/or..._30_motion.pdf

IMO it's because Judge Strickland embarrassed them on numerous counts so the defense felt the necessity for a tit-for-tat moment. IMO it's is more of a blunder and I sure hope that the court will in fact take notice of what they are doing and if it's charged to the tax-payers of Florida as it was un called for! I wonder if Judge Perry can punish them for any reason for this, and the fact that they repeatedly say their client cannot receive a fair trial due to the media coverage yet every sigle chance they have they put their face out there!
    Last edited by Anais; 04-30-2010 at 12:56 PM.

This motion is unbelievable and "quite frankly" ridiculous! Mason has some unmitigated GALL submitting this. I hope Judge Perry kicks his A$$ for this.

ETA: Maybe this is why Mason was so silent at this morning's hearing...worried that Judge Perry might have received his copy already?
    Last edited by mitzi; 04-30-2010 at 12:57 PM.

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

I think this motion\statement shows how childish the defense is, and what I am suprised about is CM signed it. I would expect something like this from JB but I thought CM was more professional than this.
    I say statement because this is in no way a motion, just a legal statement on record where they say we dont like what you said and we want the last word.

At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

Just looked at the PDF...filed at 8:27 AM this morning...three minutes before the hearing.

35. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

I bet they the laughing stock amongst their fellow defense attorneys. This was so pointless and immature. They did not even ask for anything in this. it was simply trying to get the last word.

Well done KC, you have managed to find a group of people more immature than you, well I can't say that, they didn't kill thier child

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

37. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    I think this motion\statement shows how childish the defense is, and what I am suprised about is CM signed it. I would expect something like this from JB but I thought CM was more professional than this.
    I say statement because this is in no way a motion, just a legal statement on record where they say we dont like what you said and we want the last word.
    Bold mine.

bwahahahaha! Somehow, I don't think Cheney will get the last word on this.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

I just don't understand why the defense is wasting so much time on motions that IMO have no merit. But I am no attorney. They are wasting tax payer dollars, States time, and the Judges time. The create this side circus show and then expect the media not to report about it. It has been the defense and the Anthony's since day one that has created all the negative reporting to-wards Casey and her defense.

They create it and then whine. From what I could tell today the new judge seems very stern and I sure hope he will hear this motion ASAP and put the defense in their place. So, they don't like Judge Strickland opinion and reason for stepping down, so what! The got what they asked for! Lucky for them that Strickland made a gracious exit...especialy after all the nonsense Strickland put up with, then they go after his Career. What about spending time trying to defend their client that has been charged with the murder of her 2 year old precious baby girl! I just don't understand what they hope to accomplish or gain with this new Objection Motion that they filed.

I would have expected something like this to be filed elsewhere---with the FL JQC (Judicial Qualification Commission), if applicable, but not as a motion in this case.
    JMO

42. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to What'sThatClue For This Useful Post:

Its funny how in the first part it states that the judge was wrong by replying instead of just ordering or denying the motion.

They also state that it was wrong for him to point out the notary stamp expired even though it was it was just a mistake. LOL

and in part 17 it states that there was no way JS could have known about HL statements about taking a crate of oranges as payment because it was said in a confrence yet they are the ones that said that in court, but further up they accuse JS of falsely reprsenting or recalling the facts.

I will steal JS now famous statement the irony is rich... LMAO!

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    Just looked at the PDF...filed at 8:27 AM this morning...three minutes before the hearing.
    Yes, sneaky, disingenuous and deceitful...then afterwards, they get on TruTV and try to appear professional saying they had nothing further to say about the matter.

45. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to GolferChick For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast