2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

An interesting motion was filed today

04-30-2010 Objection
to Courts Order on Defendants Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge

What does it mean and who was it filed by?

truTv commenting now -

The defense filed it. They are responding to the tone of the Judge's Order.
Specifically, the "self-aggrandizing media hounds" comment and "footnotes"

IOW : spitting back in JS's face. No other possible point to that motion :)

04-30-2010 Objection

pdf of the objection
http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/casey_4_30_motion.pdf

Cheney Mason said in open court that H Lee once accepted a crate of oranges.......we all heard it yet now is claiming that Judge STrickland wouldn't know that?????

04-30-2010 Objection

pdf of the objection
http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/casey_4_30_motion.pdf

"boo hoo, that mean ole judge Stickland hurt my feelings when he pointed out my glaringly obvious shortcomings in his order recusing himself.

It's not enough that I get the order to rule my way, that mean ole judge shoulda kissed my hiney on the way out the door. Someone get over here and MAKE HIM!"

JB's got some serious cojones, either that or he really is the dumbest attorney I have ever seen (and I work with and for attorneys on a daily basis, so that is saying something folks).

"boo hoo, that mean ole judge Stickland hurt my feelings when he pointed out my glaringly obvious shortcomings in his order recusing himself.

It's not enough that I get the order to rule my way, that mean ole judge shoulda kissed my hiney on the way out the door. Someone get over here and MAKE HIM!"

JB's got some serious cojones, either that or he really is the dumbest attorney I have ever seen (and I work with and for attorneys on a daily basis, so that is saying something folks).

Interesting to note that JB, although listed on this objection, has not signed it. Check page 8 for the only signature by defense on this objection.

What is the point? Other than to get the last word. IMO, that is just ridiculous. He doesn't ask for anything in the motion, does he? Looks like to me he just wants it on the record that he doesn't like the way JS responded. Amazing, that he wouldn't just let it go. They got what they asked for...which was for JS to step down. And I guess he filed it before he went into court today.

This objection is laughable it's so juvenile. If that's the standard that Mr Cheney wants to adhere to - have at it ol' boy!

He spelled out all the insults given by JS...just in case anyone who didn't read the motion didn't get a good laugh at his expense!!

truTv commenting now -

The defense filed it. They are responding to the tone of the Judge's Order.
Specifically, the "self-aggrandizing media hounds" comment and "footnotes"

IOW : spitting back in JS's face. No other possible point to that motion :)

Umm, didn't they just run to the media??

I'm awestruck at the sheer audacity of this motion. Or, should it be called a motion or an answer to JS's order?

Apparently it hasn't occured to them that one day they might have to appear before JS again?

I'm awestruck at the sheer audacity of this motion. Or, should it be called a motion or an answer to JS's order?

Apparently it hasn't occured to them that one day they might have to appear before JS again?

Cheney Mason doesn't care at all. He is retiring after the Anthony case.
He just threw his co-counsel to the wolves, though. Nice.

It doesn't seem to request any action (such as sanctions or reversal of the Order) simply a sort of last word from defense team.

Think of it as a "dear John" letter to Judge Strickland

Dear Judge,

We acknowledge your Order recusing yourself from the case but want it on the record that we were insulted by the wording of your order as it reflected on us in a bad light. We also think it was unfair for you to suggest that the media got hold of the motion prior to filing through us. Someone from the press must have seen one of us going into the courthouse with papers and then used their pyschic abilities to read what our motion (asking you to step down) contained and reporting on it prior to our actually getting it filed.

We also take exception to the way you accuse us of filing the motion at the 11th hour when really, we filed the motion at quarter til the 11th hour if you must know.

Lastly, we were very isulted when you made official notice of our error in notarizing the Motion to Recuse with an outdated no longer valid notary stamp.

Long Objection short, you've embarrassed us.

No love lost here,

Casey's boys (and Diana)

This statement/motion is one of the greatest moments in audacity that I've ever seen.

This is unbelievable the defense has filed a motion (actually a statement) in response to JS GRANTING THEIR MOTION.

http://http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/casey_4_30_motion.pdf

IMO it's because Judge Strickland embarrassed them on numerous counts so the defense felt the necessity for a tit-for-tat moment. IMO it's is more of a blunder and I sure hope that the court will in fact take notice of what they are doing and if it's charged to the tax-payers of Florida as it was un called for! I wonder if Judge Perry can punish them for any reason for this, and the fact that they repeatedly say their client cannot receive a fair trial due to the media coverage yet every sigle chance they have they put their face out there!

This motion is unbelievable and "quite frankly" ridiculous! Mason has some unmitigated GALL submitting this. I hope Judge Perry kicks his A$$ for this.:furious::furious::furious:

ETA: Maybe this is why Mason was so silent at this morning's hearing...worried that Judge Perry might have received his copy already?

I think this motion\statement shows how childish the defense is, and what I am suprised about is CM signed it. I would expect something like this from JB but I thought CM was more professional than this.
I say statement because this is in no way a motion, just a legal statement on record where they say we dont like what you said and we want the last word.

Just looked at the PDF...filed at 8:27 AM this morning...three minutes before the hearing. :furious:

I bet they the laughing stock amongst their fellow defense attorneys. This was so pointless and immature. They did not even ask for anything in this. it was simply trying to get the last word.

Well done KC, you have managed to find a group of people more immature than you, well I can't say that, they didn't kill thier child

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back