GUILTY OH - Jason Dunikowski & Andreia Huffman for child abuse, Cleveland, 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
This is just awful. And what a wonderful hero the 15 year old child is to have rescued his brother!!!

This story is very long and involved and horrifying. I've only included part of the story here. Please read all of it at the link.

Parents arrested after child found tied to table in Cleveland home, police say
April 29, 2010, 2:40PM
UPDATED: 7:12 p.m

One of the children, a 15-year-old boy, called 9-1-1 about 1:15 a.m. and reported that the 8-year-old was tied to the table, Sgt. Sammy Morris said. Officers arrived at the house on East 50th Street and found the 8-year-old on the floor. His hands and feet were bound behind his back with duct tape, and a shoelace was around his neck and feet tied him to the table, Morris said.
Huffman was sleeping in a bed near the child, and Dunikowski was sleeping on a couch next to the table, police said. Officers found severe discoloration on the boy's hands, suggesting he may have been tied up for a long time, Morris said. They also found bruises on his hands and feet and his nose was broken, he added.

The 8-year-old appeared to have been beaten daily, said Deborah Forkas, director of the Cuyahoga County Children and Family Services.

The boy who called police told The Plain Dealer that he needed to take action after witnessing the incidents in the house. He said the family came to Cleveland about six years ago from Kentucky.

"I couldn't deal with it anymore," he said in a telephone interview from the lobby of a social service agency.

This is what happened when officers came to the house, according to the police report;
Huffman told officers that her 17-year-old daughter tied up the boy. One of the other children then told officers that Huffman makes the older child tie the boy and slam his head into a wall.

"I am not the only one who does it," Huffman yelled, "and I'm not the only one that's going to get in trouble."

Dunikowski, father of the five youngest children, acknowledged that he knew about the child being restrained. The 15-year-old urged Dunikowski to confess what he does to the boy.

"You did it, too," Huffman yelled.

The 15-year-old said that Huffman repeatedly smashed the 8-year-old's face into the wall and pointed to a crack in the wall. An officer had the boy stand next to the crack and determined the crack matched up precisely to his face.

A police supervisor asked Huffman why she didn't take the child to the hospital.

"Just because I didn't," she replied.

The 8-year-old boy then tugged on an officer's pant leg and pointed to a piece of wood wrapped with tape.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/04/child_found_hog-tied_in_clevel.html

holy mother of god.

freaks using the other kids as scapegoats.....i guess that's how they kept them quiet for so long. 'you tell anyone your going down too!" :(

Dear God. That is one mean looking woman. I would love to be able to look inside the mind of one of these kind of people and see how they justify things to themselves. There are some incredibly warped people in this world. Why do they always seem to have scads of kids?

May God protect all those children and may they some how find a loving home together. May they so-called parents rot in prison and then rot in hell.

The 15 yr old needs to be praised in public for standing up and calling 911. There could be other children out there in this situation who want to tell, but are scared.

He is my hero today!!

According to a spokesperson with the Cuyahoga County Department of Children and Family Services, all nine children were placed together in the same two-parent foster home.

article just updated

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-nine-children-removed-after-duct-tape-incident,0,689209.story

Thank goodness these children are together and safe. I am sure if the brother had not made that phone call, these monsters would have eventually killed this little boy. This kind of violence does not deescalate.

I'm glad these kids are out of the situation they were in. It kind of reminds me of the story of David Pelzer- I just don't see how parents can do things like this to their children and expect the rest of the family to be ok with it and cover for them.

Bless the kids and especially the brother who made the call.

Sick to death of these sub-humans breeding just so they can have yet another helpless child to victimize. It is hard to remain a proponent of nonviolence when reading these kinds of stories day in and day out.

I pray these "people" never be allowed around children again. Tales like this one make me really consider court ordered sterilization for individuals such as this.

These people are AWFUL! I don't understand some of these people who have kids. Why have kids if you are going to treat them like this! Makes me sick.

People who can treat their own offpsring like this are IMO sub-human, as in something less than human. We will never understand it as it makes zero sense to HUMANS.

Those poor kids, I pray they can learn to trust adult caretakers after such abuse and fear for all those years.

Why is there always an "unsubstantiated" CPS case? Do they ever "substantiate" anything? Anything at all? Ever? I'm really starting to wonder.

Why is there always an "unsubstantiated" CPS case? Do they ever "substantiate" anything? Anything at all? Ever? I'm really starting to wonder.

yes. its substantiated when the child is dead.

or having there bowel and 2 feet of intestines removed:furious:

CLEVELAND - The parents of a Cleveland boy have pleaded guilty to hog-tying and duct-taping him to a coffee table on a nightly basis for months.
Thirty-seven-year-old Andreia Huffman and 32-year-old Jason Dunikowski of Cleveland pleaded guilty Monday to a 196-count indictment. Charges include 180 kidnapping counts, child endangering and, against the mother, felonious assault.

The prosecutor has recommended a 17-year sentence for the mother and 15 years for the father.

http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/por..._us_article&_article=3060974&_ref=articlePage

Sentences are light because they plead out :( I hope the judge gives them the 17/15 years for EACH count. Let's see that would be 15 years time 196 counts equals 2,940 years. I think that should do it!

At least the children will be grown before these POSs are let out.

Salem

CLEVELAND - The parents of a Cleveland boy have pleaded guilty to hog-tying and duct-taping him to a coffee table on a nightly basis for months.
Thirty-seven-year-old Andreia Huffman and 32-year-old Jason Dunikowski of Cleveland pleaded guilty Monday to a 196-count indictment. Charges include 180 kidnapping counts, child endangering and, against the mother, felonious assault.

The prosecutor has recommended a 17-year sentence for the mother and 15 years for the father.

http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/por..._us_article&_article=3060974&_ref=articlePage

Sadly, I have to admit this is a pretty good sentence for child abusers. I wish they'd have to pay forever for what they've done, but that is for the Creator to judge.

I hope those children are doing ok. I hope they are getting some good counseling.

And yet more proof that the system doesn't work.

This is what it is, social services and courts working on a reactionary basis, with no ability, and often little desire, to do anything preventative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the 's will do time, I"m glad that the kids were rescued, and I'm glad that we do have the agencies in place to stop this kind of abuse...however, I just wish that there were something that could be done before it comes to this point.

I still can not understand how these monsters can pick one child to place most of their abuse upon. SICK!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back