Really Cool New Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
You may (or may not) notice when you start a new thread that a box will pop up with titles of similar threads already started :)
Please take a peek at those threads and see if your topic might fit in to one of them or if the thread you are starting already exists.

Thanks

You may (or may not) notice when you start a new thread that a box will pop up with titles of similar threads already started :)
Please take a peek at those threads and see if your topic might fit in to one of them or if the thread you are starting already exists.

Thanks

JBean, so that was you with the magical moderating! Thank you--I saw the new feature and it did not bring up the thread you bumped/added mine (though it did bring up a Michael Jackson thread)... I should have done a more thorough search. Thank you again!

JBean, so that was you with the magical moderating! Thank you--I saw the new feature and it did not bring up the thread you bumped/added mine (though it did bring up a Michael Jackson thread)... I should have done a more thorough search. Thank you again!
Well, you are certainly the first one to refer to my moderating as "magical". Not the word I usually hear. :floorlaugh:
It is a helpful feature and can perhaps save us some search time. I mean who has time to search when all heck is breaking loose in this case and others?

Well, you are certainly the first one to refer to my moderating as "magical". Not the word I usually hear. :floorlaugh:
It is a helpful feature and can perhaps save us some search time. I mean who has time to search when all heck is breaking loose in this case and others?

No one has the time to mod 24/7...having said that, can I help myself to the jellybeans in your avatar...? Nevermind...stealing them anyway. I do think that it would be smart to have us email mods with thread titles before posting them (said threads). It is important that once this case goes to trial that we can access relevant threads and cross-ref them. JMO.

No one has the time to mod 24/7...having said that, can I help myself to the jellybeans in your avatar...? Nevermind...stealing them anyway. I do think that it would be smart to have us email mods with thread titles before posting them (said threads). It is important that once this case goes to trial that we can access relevant threads and cross-ref them. JMO.
Actually the mods do the same thing you do and that is search titles or tags for other discussion on similar topics. so, the best thing to do is search first. with this new feature perhaps try putting in a few key words in the title box and see what pops up.
you are correct in your thinking about the importance of trying to retrieve information which is why we merge threads and/or break out topics. it isn't cause we are anal and controlling as some think . it is because there are 4000 threads and if we have to really hunt for the info at trial time, you guys are gonna be frustrated. then i'll have to say "I told you so' and that will really make me magical.

here help yourself
betterjellybeans.jpg

It (new feature) also makes it really, really easy to provide links to older threads in a series (e.g. Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #1, Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #2, when starting Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #3.) :rolleyes:

Just highlight & copy the title of the earlier threads from the window, then, highlight and "Copy Link" from them and insert as links in your new post #1 of your new thread. Time saver! :thumb:

It (new feature) also makes it really, really easy to provide links to older threads in a series (e.g. Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #1, Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #2, when starting Why Bond is My Favorite Moderator #3.) :rolleyes:

Just highlight & copy the title of the earlier threads from the window, then, highlight and "Copy Link" from them and insert as links in your new post. Time saver! :thumb:

Cool. And can I just throw this at you???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUNP9xrOBd4[/ame]

I had to. But I do appreciate the mods trying to streamline stuff. Alot.

here help yourself
betterjellybeans.jpg

you guys are making me think of Mitch Hedberg's (comedy) piece about the girl with the jar of jellybeans :) I would post a link but I can't find one yet. :) But thanks, I took some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong