GUILTY GA - Lila Lyons, 2, beaten to death, Leesburg, 23 April 2010

noZme

Reaction score
Albany GA-
Two year old Lila Grayce Lyons was found unresponsive last Friday morning when her mother Candice Smith arrived at this Knollwood Drive home to pick her up. The family issued a statement today thanking everyone for their support during this difficult time. They say Lila had a smile that would brighten any room. They also say, Candice Smith, "was guilty of only one thing, using poor judgement in leaving her child to bond with someone that she obviously did not know as well as she thought she did." Smith's boyfriend Thomas Darling is charged with murder and cruelty to a child. An autopsy revealed Lila bled to death as a result of a lacerated liver.

The mother had left the child with this man overnight "to bond". ..... makes no sense to me either..... apparently child services had dealings with this woman previously & the guy was a known druggie ...... so that makes even less than NO sense!!!!!!

I think we need a thread dedicated to "children injured & killed by mom's boyfriend". Unfortunately, it may become one of the fastest moving topics.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12399999#

Unreal! The NUMBER of these poor innocent babies that are victim to their, mostly mom's, ignorance and 'lack of' common sense.

Not completely blaming the mom,.............don't get me wrong, ....................the guy caused this!.................but the MOM, she was responsible for her child's life! What the heck was she thinking?..............or NOT!!! :mad:

:(
JMHO
fran

Albany GA-
Two year old Lila Grayce Lyons was found unresponsive last Friday morning when her mother Candice Smith arrived at this Knollwood Drive home to pick her up. The family issued a statement today thanking everyone for their support during this difficult time. They say Lila had a smile that would brighten any room. They also say, Candice Smith, "was guilty of only one thing, using poor judgement in leaving her child to bond with someone that she obviously did not know as well as she thought she did." Smith's boyfriend Thomas Darling is charged with murder and cruelty to a child. An autopsy revealed Lila bled to death as a result of a lacerated liver.

The mother had left the child with this man overnight "to bond". ..... makes no sense to me either..... apparently child services had dealings with this woman previously & the guy was a known druggie ...... so that makes even less than NO sense!!!!!!

I think we need a thread dedicated to "children injured & killed by mom's boyfriend". Unfortunately, it may become one of the fastest moving topics.

I totally agree about having the thread! Every day I read one story after another here about what happens to the innocent children who are killed, tortured, raped etc by mommas ! There are so many happening that I can't keep up with them all.
What is it going to take to stop this?
IMO way to many mothers are living in lala land where they think some guy is going to be their knight in shining armour and take care of them plus their children. Wake up and understand the reality that a man IMO is jealous and resentful of a child you had with another man! Why do you have to take that risk of something happening, why can't you keep them seperate? If a man is pushing you for 'Bonding Time" with your baby that should be a damn big red flag!!! How many children have to be killed before mothers wake up?

VB

great job mom. you left her alone to 'bond' wth a monster :(

This baby has siblings.

Tribute page for Lila with her obituary.

http://www.wcbs.tributes.com/show/Lila-Lyons-88405682

So even if this mom made the decision to have her baby around somebody she didn't know that well why in the he*l did she leave her alone with the guy? Why overnight? Why didn't the guy bonds with the siblings?

Defendant asks Judge to stop reading charges.

Thomas Darling asked the Judge to stop as he read charges. The Judge then said "What? You don't want to hear about the possesion of coccaine? The cruelty to a child? Murder?"

http://www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=12377748

As usual there's some comments after article.

Albany GA-

Tonite on NG two ladies from childhelp.org were saying that 5 children per day die of abuse/neglect in the U.S. :(

No wonder we have so many sad, sad, threads here.

:rose: Fly with the angels, little Lila Grayce, free of earthly bonds :rose:

Tonite on NG two ladies from childhelp.org were saying that 5 children per day die of abuse/neglect in the U.S. :(

No wonder we have so many sad, sad, threads here.

:rose: Fly with the angels, little Lila Grayce, free of earthly bonds :rose:

and this is why little amanda is such a miracle. she is a rare survivor :(

never. dating. again.

though that bonding thing is weird. i have to say, the 2 boyfriends i've had since my daughter was born were never once around my child alone. not comfortable with that. not that i particularly think they were capable of being monsters (though obviously you never know) just don't think they could take proper care or pay proper attention like i could.

still though. all these stories have convinced me to just remain single. i've been fooled into thinking guys who ended up treating me dispicably were decent human beings. it's one thing to happen to me, but if it happened to my children..ah don't wanna think about that..i'm pretty sure i'd end up seriously hurting the dude.

Stephanie, it doesn't mean you can't date. Although I absolutely understand your point.

If you're Blessed enough to have family help. People that you trust to watch your baby girl then I can see movie, dinner, theater. Whatever.

I was there once and I'd just not have the guy even meet my DD. No need. The guy was dating me not my child. Then again sometimes it's too much trouble. Why bother? You're a good mom. You never can be careful enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back