WANT BIGGER *advertiser censored*??? Join the army, they're free.

mommyd said:
But come on........would YOU want an ARMY Dr. "practicing" on you????

Good Lord! :eek:

Er uh....no . At age 27 I did have the Vasectomy thing done by a friend who
was a surgeon in the Army. I worked in the hospital. The worst thing was baring everything on a cold porcelain slab-type operating table as nurses looked on at the procedure. I knew all the people by first name. Pretty embarass......king.
He was painless, did it under local, I ran two miles only a few weeks later.
My youngest child was born that year prior to the vasectomy. No regrets,
still sing baritone :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Army surgeons go to the same med schools as other physicians,but quite often are young,fresh out of med school and learning. Probably would not trust them on my wife at that time.This physician later on began a very successful practice in urban Atlanta.
But vasectomy is such a simple superficial procedure, I think any guy should do it,rather than require his wife to undergo complicated surgery or keep her on BC pills forever. Just my opinion.

These soldiers and their families are putting it all on the line. If someone wants to get implants or lipo, I'm willing to let my tax dollars go to pay for it. We've got bigger fish to fry.

I don't know why.. but I am suddenly reminded of Goldie Hawn in Private Benjamin :D

Otis.. funny story... if I had know I would have mailed you a bandaid (the ouchless type)

Im an Army wife and two things: 1) All of our medical care (aside from vision and dental)and medication is free.This includes surgery.It is a benefit of being employed by the Army(which isnt a high paying job but let me tell you my husband earns every bit of it) AND just so you know numerous medical schools(John Hopkins being one) have their med. students do free or discounted surgery as well (although theres a huge waitlist for it)

2) Very few people in the Army know about "plastic surgery" being covered and very few of those that do take advantage of it(belive me its hardly 'Nip/Tuck' around here!!!)

EDIT: Please go to http://www.landstuhl.healthcare.hqusareur.army.mil/surgery/plastic.htm

This lays out what procedures are done and what is not(some surgeries are only for ctive duty soliders)Most of it is "corrective" vs. "plastic"

:doh: Now they tell me! All those years in Army Reserves and I could have gotten FREE plastic surgery??? All kidding aside, that is a really bad reason to join the military. We hear the stories of more and more teens asking for and getting plastic surgery as gifts from their parents. I guess if mom & dad won't buy you *advertiser censored*, Uncle Sam will! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back