Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Myrtle Beach Police Department
(843) 918-1963
or CUE Center For Missing Persons 24 Hour Tip Line 910-232-1687

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1121354&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Previous Threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Also just want to say I'm very happy to see this thread moving again. Prayers that Brittani is found soon.

Salem

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items (PER DD IN ARTICLES/INTERVIEWS)

~(I don't know exactly where to throw this in - since times may be off - 20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR)

~ 7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD (PER ARTICLES)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt (PER ARTICLES)

~ By 8:00 (9:00 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10? (or could this be 9:00-9:10 - DST) PM 4/25 - Call to BD in PB's room from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 (9:13 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR

~ 8:13 to 8:20 (9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ ?8:45? PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS ALLEGED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? - BUT THIS TEXT - DID IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN OR NOT - IT KIND OF THROWS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO THE TIMELINE - WHETHER TIMES ARE CORRECT OR NOT)

~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing (FROM VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS/INTERVIEWS)

~ 11:00/Midnight PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone (VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home (PER PB & VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1 AM? to 5 AM? 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken... (PER VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room (PER MBPD REPORT)

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk (POSSIBLY room #1435) THIS WAS THE ROOM # LISTED ON ONE OF THE MBPD REPORTS AND GAVE OCCUPANTS NAME AS NC.

If someone wants to provide a link to MBLover's timeline, I will be happy to add it to the first post in this thread.

Salem

strato
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2009

I don't know jack about cadaver dogs, but will assume their powers are limited to land. I'll assume further, that the boats observing the scene, and searching the banks, were launched elsewhere so probably would not affect those dogs enough to confuse them.

As far as definitively, maybe someone can confirm/deny.

I can't claim to know 'jack' either, but I think I have heard that some are trained to detect cadaver remains underwater...does that amount to 'jill'? heh

Seriously, I want to say something like the particles/scent still come to the surface of the water, evaporate, so it is there, floating in the air. I'm not sure. Maybe sarx will come along and let us know more.

I'm not sure any of this is exactly what krista meant when she said "LE timeline" but I'll give what I found just so it is on this thread.

A year in review: The Brittanee Drexel Case http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=449393

"Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it.

By Monday, the search for her concentrated in that rural area around the Santee Rivers because detectives tracked her cell signals there.

They had determined Brittanee, who was a fervent cell phone user, sent her last text message at 8:58 p.m. on Saturday while still in Myrtle Beach. She never made another call or text, and by 10:18 p.m., her cell phone was pinging on a tower along the Georgetown/Charleston County line."

^BBM

Edited: I took off the post of mlatta's timeline. At first I thought it was in response to the new timeline verifying LE saying her last text was 8:58 but it actually wasn't, so I thought it best to remove it for fear of confusing things. Just sticking with the quote we had from this news report.

SeaNymph,

Lol...I was just about to post that timeline. I had forgotten that MLatta had updated it for us. We also need to update it for the new info concerning the last time Brittanee used her phone. So, this is MBLovers original, with Mlatta's updates, including the new phone info. Hope all of that makes sense!!

-Brittanee asks her mom if she can go to Myrtle Beach, Dawn says no, they argue, Brittanee leaves for Myrtle Beach, and deceives her mom by saying she is staying at a friends house.

-Brittanee + 2 other girls from Chili area check into Bar Harbor motel.

-Brittanee parties in Myrtle Beach for a few days... she gets some time in the sun, visits the amusement park, goes to Club K...

-Saturday April 25, 2009
- Brittanee leaves Bar Harbour and walks to Blue Water.
- She is seen on a street camera walking (from BH to BW)
- She is seen on camera walking into the lobby of BW.
- She spends about 20 minutes with PB + other Chili guys at this hotel
- Brittanee makes her last text message (8:58PM)
- She is seen on camera walking out of the lobby of BW--allegedly, to return shorts to JO (9:00PM)
- (Dawn Drexel says early on that last text message was sent at 9:16PM)
- Brittanee's phone pings in lower Georgetown County, near Charleston County line (10:18PM)
- Around 2AM JO gets "concerned" and calls JG, who calls DD, who calls JH
- Around this same time PB and his friends leave MB for Chili
- JH files missing persons report April 26 @ 5AM

-Police released the following information:
- PB is the last to see her
- She left with her purse and pink cellphone
- Police tracked the cell phone as it travelled south, until it stopped aroung G-C

-Friday, December 4, 2009 a "new tip" re-ignigted the search

-Monday, December 7, 2009 campers discover knock off prada sunglasses along wooded bank of santee river

-Friday, April 9, 2010, police anounce the following:
- They have 3 to 4 persons of interest in this case
- The tip they received in December (not sunglasses) led them to these POIs
- They have received more tips that point to these same POIs
- The POIs did not "directly" know Brittanee
- They are treating this as a homicide case now
- Interviews have been conducted with the POIs
- 2 polygraphs given
- (at least) 1 search warrant executed
- The POIs are local (Which I assume to be near the G-C county line)

SeaNymph,

Lol...I was just about to post that timeline. I had forgotten that MLatta had updated it for us. We also need to update it for the new info concerning the last time Brittanee used her phone. So, this is MBLovers original, with Mlatta's updates, including the new phone info. Hope all of that makes sense!!

-Brittanee asks her mom if she can go to Myrtle Beach, Dawn says no, they argue, Brittanee leaves for Myrtle Beach, and deceives her mom by saying she is staying at a friends house.

-Brittanee + 2 other girls from Chili area check into Bar Harbor motel.

-Brittanee parties in Myrtle Beach for a few days... she gets some time in the sun, visits the amusement park, goes to Club K...

-Saturday April 25, 2009
- Brittanee leaves Bar Harbour and walks to Blue Water.
- She is seen on a street camera walking (from BH to BW)
- She is seen on camera walking into the lobby of BW.
- She spends about 20 minutes with PB + other Chili guys at this hotel
- Brittanee makes her last text message (8:58PM)
- She is seen on camera walking out of the lobby of BW--allegedly, to return shorts to JO (9:00PM)
- (Dawn Drexel says early on that last text message was sent at 9:16PM)
- Brittanee's phone pings in lower Georgetown County, near Charleston County line (10:18PM)
- Around 2AM JO gets "concerned" and calls JG, who calls DD, who calls JH
- Around this same time PB and his friends leave MB for Chili
- JH files missing persons report April 26 @ 5AM

-Police released the following information:
- PB is the last to see her
- She left with her purse and pink cellphone
- Police tracked the cell phone as it travelled south, until it stopped aroung G-C

-Friday, December 4, 2009 a "new tip" re-ignigted the search

-Monday, December 7, 2009 campers discover knock off prada sunglasses along wooded bank of santee river

-Friday, April 9, 2010, police anounce the following:
- They have 3 to 4 persons of interest in this case
- The tip they received in December (not sunglasses) led them to these POIs
- They have received more tips that point to these same POIs
- The POIs did not "directly" know Brittanee
- They are treating this as a homicide case now
- Interviews have been conducted with the POIs
- 2 polygraphs given
- (at least) 1 search warrant executed
- The POIs are local (Which I assume to be near the G-C county line)

Need to add - PO (JO's brother) was with and also checked into the BH (he was AL's bf at the time).

Also, I'm not sure how to reconcile MLatta's mention of JO getting concerned and calling JG at 2 AM - when JG already knew early on that BD was missing. JO even stated in a news article (will see if I can find) that when this all began she wasn't worried because BD had been staying out until the early morning hours...JO went on to say that she did become concerned about 2 AM when BD didn't show up - but she made no mention in that artcle of calling JG at that time.

ETA:
The link for this article is no longer working: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...0342/1002/NEWS It was published by the Democrat & Chronicle (I have abbreviated names/places in order to save space in my personal file - but no words/wording has been changed)

Monroe deputies join hunt for missing teen
4/29/2009

Friends of BD weren't immediately concerned that the 17-yr-old didn't return to their MB hotel Sat night. The group had gone their separate ways for much of their stay last week in SC.

Later, around 2 or 2:30 am Sun after she didn't return phone calls or text messages, her friends grew concerned, said JO, 20, of Chili, who traveled to SC w/BD last week.

"We're now thinking that the worst happened to her," she said.

BD, a Gates Chili Jr., headed to MB last Wed w/out her parents' permission. JO said she & the others on the trip did not know that BD had gone w/out permission.

JO said that although she didn't know BD well, it was surreal to return home Mon w/out her.

As of Tues, BD was still missing. Cpl John Helfer of the Monroe Co Sheriff's Office said deputies are helping MB police interview BD's friends who have returned to Monroe Co.

"It's like you always hear about things like this, but you never think it will happen to you," JO said.

BD was reported missing early Sun morning by a family friend, a Marine who is stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC.

(There was a lot more to this article - however copyright prevents me from copying the rest?)

Also, I'm not sure how to reconcile MLatta's mention of JO getting concerned and calling JG at 2 AM
There is no telling where I came up with that :) May want to 86 that from the timeline...

I am ECSTATIC to see that my&mb's timeline are on the new thread, and back in question....

I think we may be close to having an accurate, thorough timeline... If someone has edited, and finalized a timeline, by all means, post!
:dance:

mlatta, this is just me throwing in :twocents:, my interpretation of the timeline...

If the 8:58 PM text IS accurate, tracking back, I believe it is a viable timeline. Something is sticking in my head about that video of her walking TO BWR, that it was 8:11...but I could be mixing up that it was 8:something, and then she was just at 11th South. In any event, if it was shortly after 8, at that point on the route, giving her another 15-20 to get to BWR from that point would put her there right about 8:30, staying 20 mins would make her leave BWR around 8:50...last text 8:58....closes in on that 7 minute time gap where LE says something happened.

I know there has been confusion about the time stamp on the BWR cameras, but doesnt one say she left at 7:55? If you account for the time not being changed for DST, that would make it 8:55.

What was the time stamp of her entering? I think I remember it making sense the minute stamp on it, tracking back to that camera at 11th south, if the minute stamp was right that it would have taken her about that long to get from 11th to BWR. Even if her minute of entering BWR was at the 15 minute mark in the hour, if the camera picked her up at 11th, let's say straight up 8PM, it would be possible for her to make it there in 15 mins, 'hot-footing' it, but it could be done.

Now, the ONLY thing that throws a monkey wrench in this is that supposed text at 9:15, DD stated was made early in the case. Personally, I feel with all the mix ups on the times, this text was actually made at 8:15, with BD texting her boyfriend that she was on her way to BWR to meet friends.

mlatta, on a different note, did you see the maps and everything from the last thread where it looks like we may have zeroed in on the concentrated search location back in December/January? Ready to put your hip waders on?

20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR

7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

8:13 (9:13 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

LE says times are wrong...but which times? They've never said, to my knowledge, if the street cam was off or the BWR vid's were off. And too my knowledge - they've never said whether it was due to DST or some other error.

Over on BD's FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=app_2915120374#!/group.php?gid=88697134048

"Last text that went to her cell phone was from her boyfriend John Grieco, at 9:16PM."

This quote is on the main page in the information box.

But then LE releases last text at 8:58...

I'm not sure how to reconcile the differences in times regarding the text - as I believe that both last text times come from credible sources. IMHO surely JG or someone would have corrected TVF (BD's FB page creator) of the error if this 9:16 time wasn't correct?

20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR

7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

8:13 (9:13 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

LE says times are wrong...but which times? They've never said, to my knowledge, if the street cam was off or the BWR vid's were off. And too my knowledge - they've never said whether it was due to DST or some other error.

Over on BD's FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=app_2915120374#!/group.php?gid=88697134048

"Last text that went to her cell phone was from her boyfriend John Grieco, at 9:16PM."

This quote is on the main page in the information box.

But then LE releases last text at 8:58...

I'm not sure how to reconcile the differences in times regarding the text - as I believe that both last text times come from credible sources. IMHO surely JG or someone would have corrected TVF (BD's FB page creator) of the error if this 9:16 time wasn't correct?

Well, now the timestamps confuse me even more BUT I was just sitting here thinking and about to post, if there is any question of a 9:15-16 text, that it may have been one JG sent TO her that went unanswered, and that LE has pretty much verified the last SHE SENT was at 8:58.

The street cam at 11th South being correct at 8:15, catching her walking, seems to fall more in line with her arrival there at BWR and then to stay '20 mins' and leave at approximately 8:55, falling in line with that text she sent at 8:58.

Now this just makes me think the timestamps/cameras at BWR were completely off, hour and minutes, but would still put her in that building for approximately 20 mins.

If the 8:58 PM text IS accurate, tracking back, I believe it is a viable timeline. Something is sticking in my head about that video of her walking TO BWR, that it was 8:11...but I could be mixing up that it was 8:something, and then she was just at 11th South. In any event, if it was shortly after 8, at that point on the route, giving her another 15-20 to get to BWR from that point would put her there right about 8:30, staying 20 mins would make her leave BWR around 8:50...last text 8:58....closes in on that 7 minute time gap where LE says something happened.

I know there has been confusion about the time stamp on the BWR cameras, but doesnt one say she left at 7:55? If you account for the time not being changed for DST, that would make it 8:55.

What was the time stamp of her entering? I think I remember it making sense the minute stamp on it, tracking back to that camera at 11th south, if the minute stamp was right that it would have taken her about that long to get from 11th to BWR. Even if her minute of entering BWR was at the 15 minute mark in the hour, if the camera picked her up at 11th, let's say straight up 8PM, it would be possible for her to make it there in 15 mins, 'hot-footing' it, but it could be done.

BWR cam may have been off approx 15 minutes? I can agree with that, it would help to make the time line a little tighter.

However... We have PB & his lawyer locking in certain times in newspaper articles and interviews. Such as PB & crew watching the ball game (which was over around 8:30). PB stating that BD arrived around 8 PM and left approx 10 minutes later (which actually fits with the BWR timestamped vids).

I think it's possible that BD could have walked the 9 blocks (11th to 20th) in about 15 mintues...but then again... She was wearing flip flops and she's around 5 ft. tall. BD isn't going to have a big stride and be able to cover a lot of ground quickly (unless she's almost running) say as a person who is taller. (Just going by my own observation of myself at 5'3" and my daughter in law who is 5'8"...it takes 2 steps for me to make one of hers)

If BD did make her last text at 8:58 - that does make a little more sense to me as to why JG became alarmed by 9:15/16 if she hadn't answered within that time frame.

I still can't get past my sticking points of the certain times (mentioned above) that PB is locked into - and especially of the one comment that the sun was still up... And if he left a few minutes after BD did to go to that alleged party - he would have surely known the sun wasn't still up.

BWR cam may have been off approx 15 minutes? I can agree with that, it would help to make the time line a little tighter.

However... We have PB & his lawyer locking in certain times in newspaper articles and interviews. Such as PB & crew watching the ball game (which was over around 8:30). PB stating that BD arrived around 8 PM and left approx 10 minutes later (which actually fits with the BWR timestamped vids).

I think it's possible that BD could have walked the 9 blocks (11th to 20th) in about 15 mintues...but then again... She was wearing flip flops and she's around 5 ft. tall. BD isn't going to have a big stride and be able to cover a lot of ground quickly (unless she's almost running) say as a person who is taller. (Just going by my own observation of myself at 5'3" and my daughter in law who is 5'8"...it takes 2 steps for me to make one of hers)

See, I thought they said she got there just as the game was ending but I am not looking at any of their quotes, so I trust you to be more accurate. I am only going from memory, but it helped me think, Ok she got there at 8:30, which to me fits in with where she was at 11th getting there about that time and then leaving 20 mins later.

Like I say, 15 mins from 11th to 24th is within the realm of possibility. That's actually 13 blocks from one to the other, isnt it? Doesnt take a whole minute to maneuver these individual blocks, relatively short, even considering flip-flops, dodging other pedestrians.

So lets pretend the BWR clocks are off by 35-40 mins; 7:55 = 8:30-8:35, 8:13 = 8:48-8:53... 5 mins later she texts...5 mins = approximately 5 blocks back north, 19th Ave South ? ...and I still really, really feel strongly she walked back on the same side of OB she walked down on....car gets her somewhere between 19th-17th -- 17th Ave is the easiest avenue to maneuver back up to Hwy 17 because there is a light there. Turns left, heads south on Hwy 17 towards Surfside - Georgetown.

ETA: Just want to make it clear I am thinking outside of the box and facts, trying to venture into the possiblities of the gray areas that exist.

*****Just realized I may be confused too regarding where BWR is, 20th vs. 24th***** Sorry if that confuses anyone.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=449393

The link just posted confirms the video camera time at BWR being off:
"Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it."

Even with my being off on the location of BWR at 20th...if she got at least 5 blocks north, with someone on her side of the street I believe she was walking, they still could have picked her up, made the left turn onto lets just say 15th Ave, and if they are familiar with the area, and I fully believe they are, they know all they need to do to quickly get on Hwy 17 is take Youpon Drive (very deserted back street that runs parallel between OB and Hwy 17) back to the left just down to 17th Avenue, turn right and come up to the light. Everyone who knows the area KNOWS 17th Ave South has the light that makes it easy to get on Hwy 17, otherwise especially if you are turning left, you would sit at all those other avenues coming into Hwy 17 forever waiting to get through that traffic for a left turn. The next possibility would be 12th Avenue South or maybe 11th Ave. South (not positive) to catch a light and 12th isnt out of the question either, knowing she never came back past the camera at 11th Ave South.

I hope I'm not driving everyone bonkers.

Grr....hating reporters right now!!

"Just before 9:00PM" could technically be 8:35PM for all we know. Wish they would have just given an exact time. The way we took it--and the way they stated it in the article--is that the last text was sent by Brittanee and THEN she left BWR....so, she left BWR just after her last text at 8:58pm and 'just before 9:00pm'.....i.e. 8:59pm.

But that's not necessarily the case. It could be that they just reported it that way and didn't think about the confusion it would cause. Frankly, outside of us and LE, no one else is doing a timeline...and LE has the correct times. Based on earlier articles from this news site, I feel fairly confident that Brittanee's last text was indeed at 8:58pm. But I think it may be possible that Brittanee left BWR at 8:30 or 8:40 and went to 'see another friend at a different hotel' like Dawn said from day one....or she could have just started walking and been picked up/abducted.
I wonder why we can't call/email the paper and ask for clarification on what TIME she left BWR?? Wouldn't that be a legitimate question?

I wonder if the searches in early January focused on Seven Mile Rd. for a particular reason other than the fact that we think that's the location of the cell tower that might have received her phone's signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!