895 users online (131 members and 764 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MA - Man Arrested For Viciously Assaulting 10-year-old Girl

Springfield man arrested for vicious assault on 10-year-old girl
    Posted: April 28, 2010 05:39 PM
    Updated: April 29, 2010 08:03 AM EDT

Ismael Rivera

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) -- A 10-year-old girl is recovering after allegedly being viciously attacked inside of a Chestnut Street apartment building around midnight Wednesday, according to police, who have announced a suspect is in custody.

Ismael Rivera, 26, of 10 Chestnut St., is facing charges of assault and battery on a child with injury, unarmed robbery, kidnapping of a child, intimidating a witness and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in connection with the assault on the girl after allegedly punching her in the mouth, burning her with a cigarette and attempting to drag her toward the building's garage before she was able to escape and run for help, according to Springfield Police Department Sgt. John Delaney.

The girl had been sent from her home on the 12th floor of 10 Chestnut St., to the 8th floor to an apartment belonging to the her mother's friend to get some cereal and milk, according to Delaney. As the girl was walking down the stairwell, Rivera allegedly grabbed her by the arm, spun her toward him and then punched her in the mouth. According to Delaney, Rivera then allegedly ripped the girl's cell phone from her hand as she pulled it out in an attempt to call for help and then grabbed her by the throat and threatened to break her neck if she didn't stay quiet before burning her neck with his cigarette.

Rivera then allegedly attempted to bring the girl to down the stairs to the building's garage, according to Delaney, when she was able to free herself and run to a security guard in the lobby for him to call 911.

While the alleged incident had been taking place, the girl's mother had called her friend on the lower floor and learned she had never gone to the apartment, according to Delaney. The woman then walked down the stairs to look for her daughter and found the girl's empty cereal bowl and shoes. She then went to the lobby where she found her injured daughter with the security guard.

Police were able to obtain a description of the attacker from the girl and went through the building to speak with residents, according to Delaney, and were able to identify Rivera as a suspect. Rivera was later found allegedly attempting to get back into the building while hiding his face with a hooded sweatshirt, according to Delaney, who added Rivera had the young girl's blood on his clothing.

Rivera had been arraigned in Springfield District Court Wednesday and ordered held without right to bail. Police had requested he be held on $1 million bail as he had allegedly threatened to flee to Puerto Rico, according to Delaney.
    http://www.wggb.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1460_2

What a piece of shyt. SO glad they caught this mofo. Praying for this young girls recovery.

i'm sorry to hear this happened but i'm glad it seems more and more kids are defending themselves and some are able to get away...to outsmart these guys. it's also a shame kids HAVE to be able to defend themselves these days.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I miss the days when all the mothers in your neighborhood mothered all the kids in that neighborhood. We all felt safe when I was growing up, we all knew every mom was keeping an eye on us out every window allong the block. We also knew if we got up to no good the phone lines would be buzzing with teh mom telephone tree and by the time we got home, mom would have received a full and comprehensive report about our bad behavior.

So sad how much training we have to give our kids nowadays. It makes me sick that I have to explain to my babies that there are sick sick freaks out there who would like nothing more than to get their hands on them and do them harm.

I wish mine could enjoy the type of childhood sense of community and "village" that helped raise me.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Oh my gosh - I wonder who else he has done this to?

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniestone218 View Post
    Doesn't seem like it was that long ago either. When I was a child, all the community pitched in and they all watched each other's kids. I remember sneaking into horse stables as an 8 year old with my friend, and her mom grounded us both without even asking my mom for permission! I wish I could trust my kids with my neighbors like I had during my childhood.
    I agree, I grew up in the country, but near a small town. I always describe that community by explaining that as teens we never needed to use the turn signals on our cars, because everyone else already knew where we were going anyway. AND if we did NOT turn where they knew we should, they would call our moms and tell them!

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniestone218 View Post
    doesn't seem like it was that long ago either. when i was a child, all the community pitched in and they all watched each other's kids. I remember sneaking into horse stables as an 8 year old with my friend, and her mom grounded us both without even asking my mom for permission! I wish i could trust my kids with my neighbors like i had during my childhood.
    bbm ditto!

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock