The New and Improved Court Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Since the Judge seems to be imposing deadlines, I thought we might want to discuss what is coming up.

The judge just gave 2 more orders regarding hearings and a deposition schedule.
The hearing schedule seems intense to me - the budget hearing and then all the pending motions in the span of about a week. And he set a deadline for a deposition schedule to be completed in the next 2 1/2 weeks.
I think someone will be burning the midnight oil, lots of work to do to prepare.
But what do I know, this could be considered FUN for some people.
ahhha ahhhh hhaaaaa ha ha ha
This new judge is a blessing.

My oh my oh my, what is KC going to do being able to be in court in front of the cameras two day this week and two days next week. This will probably make her feel so important and special. Good luck defense getting her to behave and not put on a I am so special smile. I am not sure if she can keep the statue look going that she had on Friday.

BTW I LOVE this new Judge, he is getting this case rolling!

I love this new Judge also, but I'm not so sure Casey is going to be thinking I am special. She looked pretty shell shocked at the end of the latest session, note her snarkiness to Baez at the end. I think after four sessions Missie Casey will start shaking, medicated or not, as reality really strikes her. I believe the death penalty motions are the final of the four are they not?

That will definitely give her something to consider as she sits primping in front of the mirror back in her fish aquarium cell.

Trapped - with no way out. That's what she'll be thinking.

Budget hearing for Thursday, 1 week to put up with regards to other motions and submit lists of witnesses etc, and 2 1/2 weeks to provide a full schedule of depositions.

I think the defense just got hit with an unrushing train of judicial procedure. It looks like they will have to start really earning their bag of oranges!

Judge BP is impressive in how tightly he runs things.

Budget hearing for Thursday, 1 week to put up with regards to other motions and submit lists of witnesses etc, and 2 1/2 weeks to provide a full schedule of depositions.

I think the defense just got hit with an unrushing train of judicial procedure. It looks like they will have to start really earning their bag of oranges!

I am visualizing whoever's ideal it was on the defense team to have a new judge assigned to the case sitting in a chair in their office getting the oranges pelted at them with every new deadline JP gives them.

Yes, I read both pdf's also, which are crisp, brief and to the point. When I was reading the timeline for submission of witness lists for both sides, I actually gasped! If Baez has done 38 and expects to submit a list of 90, that means his office or he has to contact about 50 people and arrange dates to be ready to submit in a two and and a half weeks. Wowsers! I'd find that highly intimidating! Methinks two things, Perry is really pushing the question to Baez of what the heck have you been doing for two years, and it looks like he's trying to get the case tried early than May 2011. Just my IMO of course.

LG, I also thought the scheduling was quite intense. I'd be quaking in my boots at this schedule. Also there is prep to do for hearings. It really begs the question doesn't it? How long did they expect to carry this along? At the rate they were going I don't think they would have been ready for trial even next May.
I am so glad to see things moved along.

I love this new Judge also, but I'm not so sure Casey is going to be thinking I am special. She looked pretty shell shocked at the end of the latest session, note her snarkiness to Baez at the end. I think after four sessions Missie Casey will start shaking, medicated or not, as reality really strikes her. I believe the death penalty motions are the final of the four are they not?

That will definitely give her something to consider as she sits primping in front of the mirror back in her fish aquarium cell.

What did she do? I was busy typing out the Hearing for those who couldn't listen, so I didn't see this. TIA!

Yes, I read both pdf's also, which are crisp, brief and to the point. When I was reading the timeline for submission of witness lists for both sides, I actually gasped! If Baez has done 38 and expects to submit a list of 90, that means his office or he has to contact about 50 people and arrange dates to be ready to submit in a two and and a half weeks. Wowsers! I'd find that highly intimidating! Methinks two things, Perry is really pushing the question to Baez of what the heck have you been doing for two years, and it looks like he's trying to get the case tried early than May 2011. Just my IMO of course.
bbm

That would be nice but I don't think he can push the trial up any earlier. He did try to set an earlier date at the last hearing but A Lyon chimed in that she couldn't do that because of a prior family obligation.

Casey has four attorneys. After 18 months, perhaps Chief Judge Perry thinks it's high time that depositions not only get scheduled, but get done. Chief Judge Perry is cracking his whip, and let's just see who is first to lag behind and feel the bite of the lash.

bbm

That would be nice but I don't think he can push the trial up any earlier. He did try to set an earlier date at the last hearing but A Lyon chimed in that she couldn't do that because of a prior family obligation.

Agree but that was just for the week before - that is the first week of May. But Judge Perry said he was going to have status hearings every 45 days to make sure everyone is on track.

I think much of this will depend on what the JAC is willing to spend on defense experts, and what Baez will be paid. I can't see him spending more time than he has to on this case without generous compensation. I also think if Judge Perry is going to continue to force deadlines as he appears to be doing, he may actually be able to move up the January complete deadline and therefore the court date.

To me the prosecution appears to be moving along with their case at a reasonable speed, but when Linda DB was discussing dates, the Judge was just acknowledging the defense and prosecution had agreed to them, not that he had. I only heard him say when he decided the date, it would be written in stone. And to me the May date was not yet written in stone. Was it?

Agree but that was just for the week before - that is the first week of May. But Judge Perry said he was going to have status hearings every 45 days to make sure everyone is on track.

I think much of this will depend on what the JAC is willing to spend on defense experts, and what Baez will be paid. I can't see him spending more time than he has to on this case without generous compensation. I also think if Judge Perry is going to continue to force deadlines as he appears to be doing, he may actually be able to move up the January complete deadline and therefore the court date.

To me the prosecution appears to be moving along with their case at a reasonable speed, but when Linda DB was discussing dates, the Judge was just acknowledging the defense and prosecution had agreed to them, not that he had. I only heard him say when he decided the date, it would be written in stone. And to me the May date was not yet written in stone. Was it?

Nothing will surprise me now. I also have a sense that this date could move up. There are an awful lot of depositions to do though and that will be time consuming. One thing I think I can say with more certainty - it won't be later than next May.

JP's term ends June 30, 2011. This could be why he was trying to move the date up.

The Judges of the Ninth Judicial Circuit have unanimously elected the Honorable Belvin Perry, Jr. as Chief Judge for the term of July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2011.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/press_details.asp?id=152

Is there some question he wouldn't be voted in as Chief Judge again? And it isn't like he wouldn't be a judge anymore is it? He would still be able to finish the trial either way. Wouldn't he? I'm not sure how all of this works in Florida.

These are good questions for Hornsby or AZ.

Yes, I see that. I took my information from the JAC guidelines we were looking at earlier, so my mistake, thanks.

I see in Todays News just up says Judge Perry has declined the Defenses request the budget meetings be held in private.:biggrin:

Bwahahaha! I just KNEW he wasn't going to go with a private meeting about the budget. Sorry Baez, no getting down your knees and begging for money in private, buddy.

I am loving, loving, LOVING this new judge. I can't wait for the outcome of JAC hearing (that's not going to be televised, right?) and of course, the death penalty motions hearing.

Is there some question he wouldn't be voted in as Chief Judge again? And it isn't like he wouldn't be a judge anymore is it? He would still be able to finish the trial either way. Wouldn't he? I'm not sure how all of this works in Florida.

OMGosh ~ What IF this is the reason that they filed against Strickland, knowing that the Chief Judge would take over, and, also knowing that it's possible that he may not win a re-election??

So, that would buy them additional time, all over again.
If that's the case, what a bunch of sneaky......

I have renewed hope again.
Is this the beginning of the karma that is so often spoke of? Gosh I hope so and I hope it continues for the sake of Caylee.
I really wonder why the anchor wasn't dropped a year ago to hold this ship in place.
God works in mysterious ways I guess.
More than one motion in a hearing in this case is unheard of and no more months in between hearings. Is that great or what?
The DP should be brought up each and every time a hearing is in progress as this is about little Caylee getting justice.
I am so happy the JAC issue will be a public hearing as Florida tax payers have a right to know how their hard earned money is being spent, especially since the defense has wasted away $200,000.00 already.

May God bless Judge Belvin Perry and help him through this process and the prosecutors as well.

logicalgirl Right On!

I also believe that once Casey realizes that this hail Mary pass of getting Judge S. removed did not do them any favors, nor benefit them she will really get the reality check. I do not see Judge Perry overturning any of the motions that have already been ruled on by Judge S. Even if they've been cleverly reworded!

I love this new judge,I absolutely love the fact that I can smell and taste Justice For Caylee!!! :eek:

Topic =the court deadlines imposed by the judge.
Thanks.

where this post lands is random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members