Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103407"]Thread 1[/ame]

Salem
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-10-2010 at 07:16 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

If the videos end up showing Mr. Nguyen was at home, then he couldn't have committed the crime unless he hired someone else to do it.

I really don't see why Mr. Nguyen is being looked at so heavily unless they have some decent evidence (something more than a phone call).

It would seem that Mrs. Nguyen would've had a stronger motive to kill Phuong or have her killed. After all, to Mr. Nguyen, Phuong was something positive -- a sexual partner. To Mrs. Nguyen, Phuong was something negative -- competition which could potentially leave her raising her two kids on her own.
    Last edited by MLE; 05-03-2010 at 11:59 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MLE View Post
    If the videos end up showing Mr. Nguyen was at home, then he couldn't have committed the crime unless he hired someone else to do it.

I really don't see why Mr. Nguyen is being looked at so heavily unless they have some decent evidence (something more than a phone call).

It would seem that Mrs. Nguyen would've had a stronger motive to kill Phuong or have her killed. After all, to Mr. Nguyen, Phuong was something positive -- a sexual partner. To Mrs. Nguyen, Phuong was something negative -- competition which could potentially leave her raising her two kids on her own.
    I don't see how the videos will be able to conclusively rule him out. They seem to be located at the entrances/exits to the neighborhood and there are ways around them. And I'm open to any possibility but Phuong threatening to tell his wife would be a strong motive as would any pregnancy worries, even if she hadn't missed her period yet. It's also not unheard of for men to snap when they get dumped.
    Last edited by Salem; 05-04-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: fix quote

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Even though Nguyen looks like a serious POI I'd like to point out Donna O'Rielly's case again. She vanished from a mall parking lot and was abducted by a stranger. Thankfully (although it was an awful ordeal for her) she escaped from her captor's house a little less than a month later and he was arrested.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    Even though Nguyen looks like a serious POI I'd like to point out Donna O'Rielly's case again. She vanished from a mall parking lot and was abducted by a stranger. Thankfully (although it was an awful ordeal for her) she escaped from her captor's house a little less than a month later and he was arrested.
    And the abduction of Dru Sjodin was done in a mall parking lot in broad daylight by a guy she didn't know, but knew her daily routine.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post:

hank you!! It's definitely within walking distance. I don't know what this means, or if it means anything.
    Dont be fooled by the maps!! It may not look far, but it is quite a haul to walk from B&N to Rancho Solano. The shopping center is off Interstate 80 off the Travis Blvd Exit. Rancho Solano is off the next freeway exit (Waterman Rd/Airbase Pkwy exit) on the OTHER side of the highway and down a very LOOONG road. Once you get to the gated entry, it's another long haul up hills to various housing developments within Rancho. She would've been walking for about 2 hrs.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsreenw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw View Post
    Dont be fooled by the maps!! It may not look far, but it is quite a haul to walk from B&N to Rancho Solano. The shopping center is off Interstate 80 off the Travis Blvd Exit. Rancho Solano is off the next freeway exit (Waterman Rd/Airbase Pkwy exit) on the OTHER side of the highway and down a very LOOONG road. Once you get to the gated entry, it's another long haul up hills to various housing developments within Rancho. She would've been walking for about 2 hrs.
    I believe the poster you quoted was referring to B&N to the Gym. The poster had asked about the distance between them earlier, and asked if someone could post a map. The map link the poster quoted is B&N to the Gym. According to that map, it's a 2 minute walk from B&N to the Gym.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Messages about missing Suisun City woman's whereabouts a hoax
    Posted: 05/04/2010 01:48:50 AM PDT

On Saturday, family and friends received instant messages and text messages regarding her whereabouts. Police later identified the sender as a 22-year-old resident of the Township of Chester, Penn.

Pennsylvania authorities determined the messages were a hoax, police said, and arrested the man.

Fairfield police did not release the man's name.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_15012846

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

AssociatedPress — May 03, 2010 — A 24-year old nursing student had just graduated days before she disappeared outside of a bookstore in Fairfield, California. Police say it's out of character for Phuong Le to be out of touch for so long. (May 3)

Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeSLtkQxI8[/ame]

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

A 24-year old nursing student had just graduated days before she disappeared outside of a bookstore in Fairfield, California.
    Good grief.

She graduated in December. She passed her boards the first of April.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    AssociatedPress — May 03, 2010 — A 24-year old nursing student had just graduated days before she disappeared outside of a bookstore in Fairfield, California. Police say it's out of character for Phuong Le to be out of touch for so long. (May 3)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeSLtkQxI8
    Phuong has now been missing 10 days!

My heart goes out to her family and friends who must be worried sick - I saw her mom on TV and she was beside herself with worry - what a nightmarish Mother's Day she will have if her daughter isn't found soon.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

It's so discouraging to see Phuong's thread dipping lower and lower on the page w/ no news coming in at all about her case.

Still praying for good news...that she is somehow still ok somewhere...although I know it seems unlikely at this point. It's been over a week now.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

Nancy Grace transcript for last night, May 3, 2010

First half of show is Phuong Le.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

I agree, it is not looking for very good for Phoung at this point...it is sad when you have to hope she just took off and decided not to tell her family and let them worry like this, but it would be a lot better than the alternative...I know lots and lots of people are angry with Tiffany T. (in fact some hate-pages have been started on FB about her) but I wish Phoung got the idea to run from her somehow...it does seem as though Phoung was very stressed according to her family...I still don't quite understand why she was so upset about the flyers-she had to have had many more things going to overeact about about like IMO...possible to do with her ex-boss, possibly not, since he was the one she called...
    Just my opinion, of course.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    Barnes and Noble and gyms can have some creeps hanging out. I know at the gym I go to there are several men who spend most of their time watching women and not really working out. Someone could have been watching her at either place and sometimes when people are upset or angry they tend to be wrapped up in their own thoughts and not paying as much attention to their surrounding as they need to be.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010

authorities said today that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

snip

Investigators have conducted searches and interviewed bookstore employees, friends and relatives, but do not know if Le left of her own accord or was the victim of foul play, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

snip

Huong Le said police have told the family that they believe Phuong Le had been in a romantic relationship with her former boss, who is married and has two children. Police said he is not a suspect or person of interest in the case.

"I don't know whether he's involved in her disappearance," Huong Le said. "I don't think he would do any harm to my sister, because he's been a good friend, but I'm not sure. Who knows what happened?"

snip

In a phone interview today, Le's former boss, whom The Chronicle is not naming because he has not been termed a suspect in the case, said his wish is "that she come home safe."

He said he was cooperating with investigators and declined to comment on the nature of his relationship with Le.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0n06dMEef

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Nothing new today? I felt sure there would be charges pending since LE seemed to go after the ex-boss with great guns...now I am wondering if he did just allow them to search so they took him up on it...since they had no better suspect. But I just don't see how LE can say no sign of foul play when someone disappears without money, credit cards, etc and presumably, no bank activity...how do they think people survive or get anyplace? But at least they are checking everything, it seems, unlike in Austin with Julie Gonzales, where they still don't seem to want to check her phone records, etc...after about 5 weeks of being missing...why can't there be nationwide standards on dealing with missing people?? Some states have better responses than others, does not seem right...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010

authorities said today that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

snip

Investigators have conducted searches and interviewed bookstore employees, friends and relatives, but do not know if Le left of her own accord or was the victim of foul play, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

snip

Huong Le said police have told the family that they believe Phuong Le had been in a romantic relationship with her former boss, who is married and has two children. Police said he is not a suspect or person of interest in the case.

"I don't know whether he's involved in her disappearance," Huong Le said. "I don't think he would do any harm to my sister, because he's been a good friend, but I'm not sure. Who knows what happened?"

snip

In a phone interview today, Le's former boss, whom The Chronicle is not naming because he has not been termed a suspect in the case, said his wish is "that she come home safe."

He said he was cooperating with investigators and declined to comment on the nature of his relationship with Le.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0n06dMEef
    BBM

How could she have walked away? With no car, no ID's, no money... must really mean 'literally'...on foot. Can they possibly believe what they are saying?
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MLE View Post
    And the abduction of Dru Sjodin was done in a mall parking lot in broad daylight by a guy she didn't know, but knew her daily routine.
    And add Kelsey Smith to the list.

So yes, I agree it does happen. It's also possible someone was stalking her, due to her frequent trips to the B&N. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    BBM

How could she have walked away? With no car, no ID's, no money... must really mean 'literally'...on foot. Can they possibly believe what they are saying?
    It's possible, but not likely, imo. I remember a few years ago, a young man (college age) whose car was found in a shopping mall parking lot, but he'd gone to a nearby park to commit suicide. Maybe that's why LE made that statement, not to rule out any possibility. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    BBM

As we have seen in the case of the OH woman it can happen if she had a relationship that no one knew about and she ran off with that person but I really think if that was the case LE would know more.

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    As we have seen in the case of the OH woman it can happen if she had a relationship that no one knew about and she ran off with that person but I really think if that was the case LE would know more.
    I think it's more that the police aren't going to definitively state she didn't leave on her own, no matter how slim the chances may be, simply because there is so little evidence (apparently) of what actually happened to her. They have stated enough times already they believe it to be suspicious and that she's in danger, so I really don't think they believe she ran away. They just can't absolutely rule that out as yet.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    unfortunately the 'love interest' is still here and she is poof... gone.
    This bee my opinion

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...=80793&catid=2

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAOJ1D98VQ.DTL

the latest but nothing new.

I personally do not see her 'running off' in this fashion without car and belongings.
    This bee my opinion

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I don't think they believe she left on her own, they are certainly investigating as though they suspect foul play as far as I can tell. And if she had been suicidal...where is her body? They would have found her, how far could she have gone? So that is not likely, in my opinion. I am wondering if perhaps the BF's alibi is holding up to scrutiny since no arrest or change in status?

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast