CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the videos end up showing Mr. Nguyen was at home, then he couldn't have committed the crime unless he hired someone else to do it.

I really don't see why Mr. Nguyen is being looked at so heavily unless they have some decent evidence (something more than a phone call).

It would seem that Mrs. Nguyen would've had a stronger motive to kill Phuong or have her killed. After all, to Mr. Nguyen, Phuong was something positive -- a sexual partner. To Mrs. Nguyen, Phuong was something negative -- competition which could potentially leave her raising her two kids on her own.

If the videos end up showing Mr. Nguyen was at home, then he couldn't have committed the crime unless he hired someone else to do it.

I really don't see why Mr. Nguyen is being looked at so heavily unless they have some decent evidence (something more than a phone call).

It would seem that Mrs. Nguyen would've had a stronger motive to kill Phuong or have her killed. After all, to Mr. Nguyen, Phuong was something positive -- a sexual partner. To Mrs. Nguyen, Phuong was something negative -- competition which could potentially leave her raising her two kids on her own.
I don't see how the videos will be able to conclusively rule him out. They seem to be located at the entrances/exits to the neighborhood and there are ways around them. And I'm open to any possibility but Phuong threatening to tell his wife would be a strong motive as would any pregnancy worries, even if she hadn't missed her period yet. It's also not unheard of for men to snap when they get dumped.

Even though Nguyen looks like a serious POI I'd like to point out Donna O'Rielly's case again. She vanished from a mall parking lot and was abducted by a stranger. Thankfully (although it was an awful ordeal for her) she escaped from her captor's house a little less than a month later and he was arrested.

Even though Nguyen looks like a serious POI I'd like to point out Donna O'Rielly's case again. She vanished from a mall parking lot and was abducted by a stranger. Thankfully (although it was an awful ordeal for her) she escaped from her captor's house a little less than a month later and he was arrested.

And the abduction of Dru Sjodin was done in a mall parking lot in broad daylight by a guy she didn't know, but knew her daily routine.

hank you!! It's definitely within walking distance. I don't know what this means, or if it means anything.

Dont be fooled by the maps!! It may not look far, but it is quite a haul to walk from B&N to Rancho Solano. The shopping center is off Interstate 80 off the Travis Blvd Exit. Rancho Solano is off the next freeway exit (Waterman Rd/Airbase Pkwy exit) on the OTHER side of the highway and down a very LOOONG road. Once you get to the gated entry, it's another long haul up hills to various housing developments within Rancho. She would've been walking for about 2 hrs.

Dont be fooled by the maps!! It may not look far, but it is quite a haul to walk from B&N to Rancho Solano. The shopping center is off Interstate 80 off the Travis Blvd Exit. Rancho Solano is off the next freeway exit (Waterman Rd/Airbase Pkwy exit) on the OTHER side of the highway and down a very LOOONG road. Once you get to the gated entry, it's another long haul up hills to various housing developments within Rancho. She would've been walking for about 2 hrs.

I believe the poster you quoted was referring to B&N to the Gym. The poster had asked about the distance between them earlier, and asked if someone could post a map. The map link the poster quoted is B&N to the Gym. According to that map, it's a 2 minute walk from B&N to the Gym.

Messages about missing Suisun City woman's whereabouts a hoax
Posted: 05/04/2010 01:48:50 AM PDT

On Saturday, family and friends received instant messages and text messages regarding her whereabouts. Police later identified the sender as a 22-year-old resident of the Township of Chester, Penn.

Pennsylvania authorities determined the messages were a hoax, police said, and arrested the man.

Fairfield police did not release the man's name.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_15012846

A 24-year old nursing student had just graduated days before she disappeared outside of a bookstore in Fairfield, California.

Good grief.

She graduated in December. She passed her boards the first of April.

AssociatedPress — May 03, 2010 — A 24-year old nursing student had just graduated days before she disappeared outside of a bookstore in Fairfield, California. Police say it's out of character for Phuong Le to be out of touch for so long. (May 3)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeSLtkQxI8

Phuong has now been missing 10 days!

My heart goes out to her family and friends who must be worried sick - I saw her mom on TV and she was beside herself with worry - what a nightmarish Mother's Day she will have if her daughter isn't found soon.

It's so discouraging to see Phuong's thread dipping lower and lower on the page w/ no news coming in at all about her case.

Still praying for good news...that she is somehow still ok somewhere...although I know it seems unlikely at this point. It's been over a week now.

I agree, it is not looking for very good for Phoung at this point...it is sad when you have to hope she just took off and decided not to tell her family and let them worry like this, but it would be a lot better than the alternative...I know lots and lots of people are angry with Tiffany T. (in fact some hate-pages have been started on FB about her) but I wish Phoung got the idea to run from her somehow...it does seem as though Phoung was very stressed according to her family...I still don't quite understand why she was so upset about the flyers-she had to have had many more things going to overeact about about like IMO...possible to do with her ex-boss, possibly not, since he was the one she called...

Barnes and Noble and gyms can have some creeps hanging out. I know at the gym I go to there are several men who spend most of their time watching women and not really working out. Someone could have been watching her at either place and sometimes when people are upset or angry they tend to be wrapped up in their own thoughts and not paying as much attention to their surrounding as they need to be.

Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

authorities said today that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

snip

Investigators have conducted searches and interviewed bookstore employees, friends and relatives, but do not know if Le left of her own accord or was the victim of foul play, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

snip

Huong Le said police have told the family that they believe Phuong Le had been in a romantic relationship with her former boss, who is married and has two children. Police said he is not a suspect or person of interest in the case.

"I don't know whether he's involved in her disappearance," Huong Le said. "I don't think he would do any harm to my sister, because he's been a good friend, but I'm not sure. Who knows what happened?"

snip

In a phone interview today, Le's former boss, whom The Chronicle is not naming because he has not been termed a suspect in the case, said his wish is "that she come home safe."

He said he was cooperating with investigators and declined to comment on the nature of his relationship with Le.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/04/BAOJ1D98VQ.DTL#ixzz0n06dMEef

Nothing new today? I felt sure there would be charges pending since LE seemed to go after the ex-boss with great guns...now I am wondering if he did just allow them to search so they took him up on it...since they had no better suspect. But I just don't see how LE can say no sign of foul play when someone disappears without money, credit cards, etc and presumably, no bank activity...how do they think people survive or get anyplace? But at least they are checking everything, it seems, unlike in Austin with Julie Gonzales, where they still don't seem to want to check her phone records, etc...after about 5 weeks of being missing...why can't there be nationwide standards on dealing with missing people?? Some states have better responses than others, does not seem right...

Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

authorities said today that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

snip

Investigators have conducted searches and interviewed bookstore employees, friends and relatives, but do not know if Le left of her own accord or was the victim of foul play, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

snip

Huong Le said police have told the family that they believe Phuong Le had been in a romantic relationship with her former boss, who is married and has two children. Police said he is not a suspect or person of interest in the case.

"I don't know whether he's involved in her disappearance," Huong Le said. "I don't think he would do any harm to my sister, because he's been a good friend, but I'm not sure. Who knows what happened?"

snip

In a phone interview today, Le's former boss, whom The Chronicle is not naming because he has not been termed a suspect in the case, said his wish is "that she come home safe."

He said he was cooperating with investigators and declined to comment on the nature of his relationship with Le.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/04/BAOJ1D98VQ.DTL#ixzz0n06dMEef

BBM

How could she have walked away? With no car, no ID's, no money... must really mean 'literally'...on foot. Can they possibly believe what they are saying?

And the abduction of Dru Sjodin was done in a mall parking lot in broad daylight by a guy she didn't know, but knew her daily routine.
And add Kelsey Smith to the list. :(

So yes, I agree it does happen. It's also possible someone was stalking her, due to her frequent trips to the B&N. MOO

BBM

How could she have walked away? With no car, no ID's, no money... must really mean 'literally'...on foot. Can they possibly believe what they are saying?
It's possible, but not likely, imo. I remember a few years ago, a young man (college age) whose car was found in a shopping mall parking lot, but he'd gone to a nearby park to commit suicide. Maybe that's why LE made that statement, not to rule out any possibility. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10