Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Sarah View Post
    Probably a second set of keys at the house. I don't think that's unusual - both hubby and I carry keys to each other's vehicle just in case we need to drive it, move it, whatever.
    One article I read described it as the "family car" so I would imagine others had keys to it. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    He's in a kind of a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

But I think he probably shouldn't.
    I agree with the first sentence. I wish some criminal profilers would address this! Some common profiles are of the killer returning to the scene of the crime, becoming involved in the investigation, searches, etc. MOO
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I agree with the first sentence. I wish some criminal profilers would address this! Some common profiles are of the killer returning to the scene of the crime, becoming involved in the investigation, searches, etc. MOO
    I agree as well. If he does join the search, people will be speculating about just what you mentioned - saying that he is trying to take suspicion off himself. If he doesn't join the search, people will be complaining that as her friend (and according to the media, her "more than friend") - he should be helping to find her. He is in a no-win situation on this.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

I agree as well. If he does join the search, people will be speculating about just what you mentioned - saying that he is trying to take suspicion off himself. If he doesn't join the search, people will be complaining that as her friend (and according to the media, her "more than friend") - he should be helping to find her. He is in a no-win situation on this.
    Personally I think the less attention drawn to him, the better. So maybe he could do something to support the search if he's so inclined, but stay away from actually going out there. MOO
    Rest in Peace

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Can you imagine if he joined the search and then was the one that happened to find her? I am sure he is best advised to stay away...maybe he can donate printing if he wants to help...
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Can you imagine if he joined the search and then was the one that happened to find her? I am sure he is best advised to stay away...maybe he can donate printing if he wants to help...
    That would be a good idea.

Sigh...I am SO not ready to think of Phuong as being found in the woods deceased. I know things aren't looking good and she's been gone what, 11 1/2 days now... but when I think of how proud she was of becoming a nurse and having just passed the exam and getting ready to start her career....it just makes me so very very sad.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

Probably a second set of keys at the house. I don't think that's unusual - both hubby and I carry keys to each other's vehicle just in case we need to drive it, move it, whatever.
    I carry a set of my husband's keys with me wherever I go so I don't have to go back home to get them when he locks himself out of his car! The parking security guard where he works now knows me without a pass....my husband just calls him to let him know I am coming and I just hold up his set of keys and the guard waves me on through!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Me too, sad and sick to think that most likely, someone took her life as I do not feel as though she went off on her own for any reason. I also hate the idea of her former boss being implicated and actually hope he turns out to be innocent, I don't know why. But the idea of a someone she did not even know would not be any better. No good ending here that I can see.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Me too, sad and sick to think that most likely, someone took her life as I do not feel as though she went off on her own for any reason. I also hate the idea of her former boss being implicated and actually hope he turns out to be innocent, I don't know why. But the idea of a someone she did not even know would not be any better. No good ending here that I can see.
    No, really there's not. And, if she is gone from this earth, then the sooner she is found the better. Not just for her family but also because there would be a better chance for dna evidence, cause of death, etc. I, too, hope TN is completely innocent. He was her friend and she trusted him.
    Last edited by Blue Ridge; 05-07-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: clarification

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

There's a new video titled "Volunteers to Search for Missing Fairfield Woman Over the Weekend" on the main page of this news site:
    http://www.kron.com/

LE is just now examining the surveillance video from b&n???

(Sorry I couldn't find a direct link to the video. It's in the list of videos right near the top.)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

It does seem odd to me that they would just now be reviewing Barnes & Noble videos. Or is it that the reporters just found out about it.

What was interesting to me was the report did show what one of the surveillance cameras looks like in the Rancho Solano area. I was concerned because I realized from Google that there is no guard station that I could see. Looks like anyone could drive anywhere without being stopped. Now I wonder how many of the cameras exist and where they are.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

I feel so badly for Phuong's family, her brother especially. From the Facebook page today:

" Huong Le Many thanks to Tamer Totah and Brian Travis, now we have an office located at 4165 Suisun Valley Rd. Fairfield, CA. We will use this as our headquarter for finding Phuong. We can use this office for any purpose regarding finding Phuong. I will try to get this offiice ready by Monday morning, 5/10 so if you have a chance please come by monday morning...the more people come, the better. Also, if you have any idea as to what we should have in the office, please let know...Thanks everyone."

Help Find Phuong

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Phuong has now been missing 13 days.

Can't imagine the anguish her mom and siblings are feeling - this will be a Mother's Day nobody in the family will ever forget. Sending heartfelt hugs to all those who love and care for Phoung.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    There's a new video titled "Volunteers to Search for Missing Fairfield Woman Over the Weekend" on the main page of this news site:
    http://www.kron.com/

LE is just now examining the surveillance video from b&n???

(Sorry I couldn't find a direct link to the video. It's in the list of videos right near the top.)
    The street surveillance camera they show on that video is on Rancho Solano Parkway at Mankas Corner Road. That's a very different spot than what I had guessed...that the cameras would be at the exits from Nguyen's neighborhood onto Rancho Solano Parkway. The consequence of that surveillance camera being further from his house is it adds a bunch of different ways he could have left his neighborhood, and all of those may very well not be watched by video cameras. Makes me think his claim of being on camera might not be worth anything after all.

Also, I think the reference to B&N video may be from other times Phuong visited the store. Maybe they want to see if she was there with anybody else in the past.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    The street surveillance camera they show on that video is on Rancho Solano Parkway at Mankas Corner Road. That's a very different spot than what I had guessed...that the cameras would be at the exits from Nguyen's neighborhood onto Rancho Solano Parkway. The consequence of that surveillance camera being further from his house is it adds a bunch of different ways he could have left his neighborhood, and all of those may very well not be watched by video cameras. Makes me think his claim of being on camera might not be worth anything after all.

Also, I think the reference to B&N video may be from other times Phuong visited the store. Maybe they want to see if she was there with anybody else in the past.
    Kind of amazing how quick he thought of that video camera isn't it? Almost like he was looking for some excuse, and hoping it would exonerate him from all wrong doing. molo
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast