718 users online (107 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Talking Rear Gear....Now I've seen it all!

"Is your pet feeling left in the dirt because of his/her unsightly rear? I've got them covered... Rear Gear is handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet's un-manicured back side.

Rear Gear comes in many designs including a disco ball, air freshener, heart, flower, biohazard, smiley face, number one ribbon, cupcake, sheriff's badge, dice, and you can even make yours custom, so there's a Rear Gear for everyone"

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/iv...animal_aho.php

There's even a picture

roflmao!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

lol, oh my. I can now say with absolute certainty - I have seen it all.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    lol, oh my. I can now say with absolute certainty - I have seen it all.
    Me, too. Plus, I am embarrassed to let all of y'all know that my dog loves butts.....his own and any others he comes across.....my poor doggie is obviously a perv.

()

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Me, too. Plus, I am embarrassed to let all of y'all know that my dog loves butts.....his own and any others he comes across.....my poor doggie is obviously a perv.

()

My dogs are the same way! Gross huh?

I'm wondering if the "inventor" has gotten this BRILLIANT little thingy patented? Can you even imagine ??? rofl!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post

()
    All dogs love butt, thats a known fact.

OT but I just had to go buy my son and husband new undershorts. Our Great Pyrenees keeps eating their shorts. DH asked me how come he never eats mine or DD to which I responded without missing a beat - we must wipe better!

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Yeah, sniffing each others behinds are the dogs way of " meet & greet", so to speak.

What I wonder is just what info do they get about the other dog by doing this? Anyway these butt covers would certainly ruin a dogs social life.

OT but I just had to go buy my son and husband new undershorts. Our Great Pyrenees keeps eating their shorts. DH asked me how come he never eats mine or DD to which I responded without missing a beat - we must wipe better!
    That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    Yeah, sniffing each others behinds are the dogs way of " meet & greet", so to speak.

What I wonder is just what info do they get about the other dog by doing this? Anyway these butt covers would certainly ruin a dogs social life.
    I read a book written from a dog's point of view....it was a good read, and the main doggy explained that you can tell if the dog you are meeting is a street dog or a man's dog just from a quick sniff. Also what they have been eating, whether they consider themselves alpha or not, etc. etc. etc.

Yep, these little butt covers could ruin a doggy's social life, for sure!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Stupid idea and I just can not see anyone who really loves their dog ordering this.

IMO it does nothing for the dog's health or well being. As y'all have stated, it prevents what they do naturally.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

At least they just hang and don't screw in.

I wonder why cats don't like women's crotches?

Also, it's not a question of "wiping better" it's the hair down there. 'Nuff said.

The designs are stupid. They should have designs like puppies crawling out or a cat screaming for help. That would be funny!!

What happens when poochie finally goes with it on his tail.

I am sorry but I am not about to get close enough to my dogs behind to attach that stupid little slip of paper to it, besides, with my dogs, I would need a couple of extra larges, thsoe little things would get lost in there.

Very funny, creative idea and catchy name. LOLOLOL

I am sorry but I am not about to get close enough to my dogs behind to attach that stupid little slip of paper to it, besides, with my dogs, I would need a couple of extra larges, thsoe little things would get lost in there.
    In this case you could purchase the car airfresh things. Pine would probably be a dogs fave, not cherry. ;P

Who cleans the freshener after use?

(My dog would tear this thing to shreds. Nothing on or near her behind!)

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I guess I can understand the reasoning behind this invention ("Isn't it enough that I'm a dirty, ugly bleep, I don't want to look at one!") but I can't imagine any dog loving this contraption very much. If I put one of those on my dog I would be nervous that if his nature suddenly calls I'm not there in time to remove the rear gear in advance and then I'd have to deal with an extremely icky feature. I would never look at flower designs the same way.

What is it about a pet's nether regions that makes a human look at it and think "hmmmm, Fido's butt is just screaming for a car air-freshener-type thingie covering... like a tree shaped one... or a flower shaped one... yeah, that's it. That would be so awesome... so awesome that I will take pictures with my dog's butt at my face, while I grin and give a thumbs up. Just call me the Steve Jobs of Poochie Butt Concealment."

The things people do... LoL especially to their pets. But at least it is not as bizarre as the pet faux testicles plastic surgery that supposedly gives male pets their "dignity" back after getting fixed... LoL